:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

Do you want to advertise at Project Perfect Mod. Find out how to do it HERE.

The time now is Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:10 am
All times are UTC + 0
 Forum index » Other Projects » Released » Reign of Steel
Reign of Steel Beta3 build.250312
Moderators: Holy_Master
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 2 [73 Posts] View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Author Message
Holy_Master
Commander


Joined: 21 Jul 2004
Location: Thailand

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:52 pm    Post subject:  Reign of Steel Beta3 build.250312
Subject description: third public version is here
Reply with quote





ROS Public Beta 3 build 250312 [include NPEX]
GET ROS Here!!!
https://www.ppmsite.com/download/ReignOfSteel_Build240312.zip/
d/l link also on ModDB
http://www.moddb.com/mods/ros

The file that need to play ROS
- NP_AE_0011
http://vk.cncguild.net/NPATCH/DATA/NP_AE_0011.exe

Update list from previous public version
Quote:
[Gameplay]
- Add Megalodon for Consortium ; this unit have ability to stun vehicle and do damage in same time with his melee combat weapon.
- Add Barracuda for Consortium Replace to Manta ; this unit take same role as Manta but she use machinegun that can attack both air and grount instant
- Add Scalpel for Nod as repair vehicle ; this repair unit have ability to fly across battle field and repair vehicle from longrange
- Add Juggernaut for GDI ; similat to Nod Irontail but he do less damage but more spread impact area.

[Balance and Tweak]
- Nod Devil's Buggy now using flame thrower instant fireball launcher
- Sidewinder Cost reduce from 2000 to 1600
- Reduce Damage of Railgun tower from 75 to 35
- Mammoth Tank have ability to use Mammoth Tusk missile attack ground unit
- Increase Hammerhead damage in Artillery mode
- Consortium Guardian Trooper now can be build on T1
- Twister Fighter Now fire pulse missile instant pulse gun.
- Jumpjet Trooper now attack air unit with machinegun instant missile
- Attack Bike ; Have stealth detection abilities
- Devil's Buggy ; No longer detect stealth unit
- Tick Tank ; Now Available in T1
- Nod Samsite ; Need Radar to build instant Barrack
- Avatar ; Decrease Avatar Attack Range to7.25 but do more Damage and increase HP from 250 to 275
- Stealth Tank ; Increase Stealth tank damage but Do less damage vs infantry from 50%,25%,25% to 20%,15%,15%
- Railgun Tower ; Damage Reduce from 75 to 50 and HP increase from 600 to 750
- Obelisk of light ; Damage increase from 150 to 180 and HP increase from 750 to 800
- Proton Cannon ; Damage increase from 33 to 45
- Increase Jackal Fire Power
- Irontail weapon now do damage 2 time when bullet "hit target" and when "explode"
- Empress "Doomblast" Attack Faster
- Empress Micro missile now do area damage
- Board Rider EMP Grenade now do damage to target
- Proton Cannon have ability to Stun vehicle with EMP
- Proton Cannon now need Tech Center
- Reduce Repair Bison Attack from 70 to 50
- Increase Supplier Heal ability from 50 to 70
- Improve Consortium Color Palette [ little Darker]
- Consortium Now use New EVA
- Improve weapon sound effect for most of Consortium unit
- Reduce Attack range from most unit now only "Artillery type" unit can out range attack T3 Defense Structure
- Quantum Tank now can attack target on level ground
- Add new Quote for Poseidon
- Reduce Cost of most Infantry unit for 25%
- Improve Terrain Graphic

[Bug Fix]
- Fix AI Mammoth Tank that some time didn't attack Construction Yard
- Fix missing Unit name on Deploy iron tail
- Fix Skybow Invisible when deploy
- Fix Turret animation of all Defense Structure
- Add New Map!

[New ROS Map]
- Shining Island [4]
- Forest Pass[2]
- Tier of Sorrow [2]
- Oasis [2] ; Original Map By Truefeel
- Dryheat [4]
- Tarrace [4]
- Tiberium Garden [6]
- Sinkhole [5]
- Monument Valley [6]
- Flame of Hell [6] ; Original Map By Truefeel



*** installation ***
- Install Your Ra2 with YR and update it to that last version
- install Npatch_AE
- install Npatch _Extant
- Unzip all ROS file into Ra2YR directory
- Run the game and have fun

[FAQ]
How to uninstall ROS
- if you already have RA2YR i suggest you to backup it before install ROS because i dont have Uninstaller for my mod since it's not finish version.

why ROS use Npatch_EX not Ares
- because current version of Ares have no feature i need [they didn't finish feature i ask for] and i dont hope they will working on the feature i want anymore. but if they do in the future maybe i'll switch my mod to use it. and i never found any problem byusing Npatch anymore.

why all graphic in ROS is SHP
- because i try to keep all graphic matching as possible and some animation can be done only in SHP graphic like exhaust from aircraft and i personal hate to use SHP and Voxel graphic together [because i think both unit detail look too much different] and because many unit in ROS have more animation than unit in normal YR make me need to choose to use only shp.

why all aircraft in ROS is away fly
- because SHP can't support to make aircraft unit like voxel only way to get aircraft is hover logic but using hover logic for aircraft unit isn't all bad it allow me to make air unit with more complex ability that truely effect to gameplay more that just eye candy that's what i think it more fun and you can see all aircraft in ROS have very important role [only problem that annoy me is omni fire from them but even i hate it so much i must accept my choice]

why no campaign mode?
- because i didn't make it and because ROS is total conversion mod to use ROS unit/ building in normal YR2 campaign will make game broken make me i consider to disable that mode.

why the mod have no music?
- because i can't compose my own music and to use music from another is illegal, i dont want to have problem like my old previous mod that make me dont add music to my mod.

will the mod update in the future?
- sure [because i still alive :p] . but i don't know when maybe soon maybe take year except someone want to continue my project instead me.

Npatch_EX download Link [Fix]
http://www.sendspace.com/file/zu8x59
http://www.ppmsite.com/downloads/NP_EX.rar


Reign of Steel Credit
- Holy_Master = Reign of Steel Mod Leader

- Apollo = Ini Codder , Explosion Graphic , AI , Sound etc [i can say more than 40% of my mod done by him]
- Aro = Terrain Editor
- Orac = Concept Artist
- Truefeel = Map Designer
- raminator = camera setting tool for 3ds max
- Krow = Codder
- Anderwin = Alpha Tester
- Falci = Story Writer [ for presentation ] and ROS Logo Design
- AltomareXD = ROS Logo Design
- Gangster = Terrain Creator
- Spiderman2099 = some unit design and 3d graphic and Terrain Creator
- Gamemate = 2D Ghaphic
- IcySon555 = TMP creator tool
- TksSdo = Faction Logo design and user interface
- Banshee = Modding Tool , Forum / Mod Host
- TypeProton [aka error] = Concept Artist , Beta Tester
- VK = Npatch
- LH_Mouse = Npatch_Extent
- Ares Team = Ares Project

and other i forgot

Last edited by Holy_Master on Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:23 am; edited 34 times in total

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account
Madin
Gauss Rifle Trooper


Joined: 05 Apr 2009

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice work!
_________________

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Starkku
Cyborg Commando


Joined: 28 Dec 2007
Location: Finland

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NPatch Extended attachment link is not valid, might want to check that one.

Already downloaded the mod, might give it a shot tomorrow when I have more time.
_________________
Project Phantom

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Twitter Channel URL
Holy_Master
Commander


Joined: 21 Jul 2004
Location: Thailand

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok link fixed

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account
!DarkRose
Commander


Joined: 13 Aug 2006
Location: U.K, Birmingham

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Omnomnomnomnom :3
Good stuff!! :p
_________________

Silly taco fumbling unicorns nocturnally launch basketballs, Hell March.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
ArvinCool
Tiberian Beast


Joined: 01 Jun 2008

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
- ArvinCool = AI codder

I was going to do the AI when your unit list was finished, but it was never done, so I should not be in that list.
_________________
"I'll be staying strapped cuse my mac-eleven make my nuts bigger"

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Holy_Master
Commander


Joined: 21 Jul 2004
Location: Thailand

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think you should start to do it base on this build,specialize Federal AI that still use Yuri AI that make me really annoy because they keep spam unit to defense their base and dont try to attack me anymore. other than that sometime Nod faction send grenedier and paladin [that belong to GDI only] to attack me.

when i tweak this version for release i see this build look more complete than i though even i change anything in the future i think it'll not much different but graphic and some new 2-3 unit.

except you have no mood to continue working with the mod.

and i want codder takecare about unit/building FLH in art.ini

and i wonder no one download NP_EX?

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account
ApolloTD
Commander


Joined: 19 Nov 2003

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a way hoped more get done but then pleased, could have done more refined release always but it is fair call to release. Smile

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
freedom fighter
General


Joined: 14 May 2009

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOOHOO!! Its finally released!! Very Happy

Unfortunately, for some reason I can't install NP_EX. Dammit! #Mad Also,

Holy_Master wrote:
** feel free to use ROS resource you can edit the mod to make your own version or take some art for your mod that up to you all i need just credit "from reign of steel mod" **


Really? YIPPEE KI-YAY!! I've just found myself a King Oni!! Very Happy
_________________
The future belongs to The Forgotten!

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Speeder
Commander


Joined: 03 Sep 2004
Location: Czechia

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked some of third side technology, GDI and Nod was another reinterpretation of what we already know. Graphics look good ingame.

Hoping for more complete releases in the future!
_________________

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Krow
Commander


Joined: 30 Jan 2010
Location: Malaysia

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the Sidewinder would be bigger. ><
_________________
Team Black wrote:
interesting seeing your voxel work. They're still better than Aro's!

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Alex06
Commander


Joined: 21 Sep 2003
Location: Montreal, Canada

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why are the Scorpion and Stingray missing from this release?

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Skype Account
Holy_Master
Commander


Joined: 21 Jul 2004
Location: Thailand

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i never cut anything without reason.because both unit design for sub faction if i include those unit in this build they role will dupicate to another unit and possible to cuase "Crap unit" that's not what i want [since my concept is every unit is useful].

Scorpion Tank
creation in concept buggy+bike = anti both infantry and vehicle but it too good for early unit that possible to make player spam them and forgot another unit i consider to cut it off, however i give Avatar Mech that act as better version of scorpion instead.

Stingray Tank
i design this unit as long range artillery same role as juggernaut but i found his role similar to orca fighter either , because his attack is more safer that possible to make orca fighter useless i concider to cut him, now if you want to use artillery you should looking for juggernaut and if you want to use some hover unit that can attack wide area target orca fighter is your choice.

other unit

Skybow AA Tank
i personaly like his unit but when i test the game i found he's too slow for anti air unit because he can't follow his target that will cause problem in PVP match, finally i consider to combine this unit to Bison and you can see how deadly he is.

Hyperion and another Epic unit.
in order to make gameplay on each faction different as possible and make gameplay more complex i consider to cancel all epic unit concept but you can see i still keep Mammoth ACE in ROS and he still be most powerful unit in game [other than that he look really cool] to add more epic unit just only destroy his character.

but they possible to come back in the future for sub faction or tech unit. however you can find them from create.

ROS still have update in the future i just release this build to make my life more flexible. #Tongue

now i making manual document for ROS to make sure everyone will not confuse in unit role. such as stealth detector unit, support unit.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account
OmegaBolt
President


Joined: 21 Mar 2005
Location: York, England

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For some reason I can't build beyond the War Factory, so I only get basic units... and no I don't have any other inis in my folder.
_________________
TAK02 wrote:
Screw AttachEffect. Can't think of any use for it.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Skype Account
Holy_Master
Commander


Joined: 21 Jul 2004
Location: Thailand

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok i'll check it rightnow but can you build radar?

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account
Alex06
Commander


Joined: 21 Sep 2003
Location: Montreal, Canada

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you still think you could at least release those units? I'd hate to see all those go to waste.

Disruptor, the Railgun hovertank, Bison ICV, Guardian Tank, Skybow, Scorpion, mobile EMP, old GDI MCV, etc.

I'd hate to see all that work go to waste, personally. #Tongue

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Skype Account
m7
Commander


Joined: 17 Apr 2009
Location: The Fang

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Holy_Master: I admired your amazing 3D work and am sad to see you run out of time. It's unfortunate especially with the also-ending development of ReWire. Good luck in your future endeavors.
_________________

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Holy_Master
Commander


Joined: 21 Jul 2004
Location: Thailand

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i do something mistake in this build and i'll update it again soon. 1 feature i can confirm is Stingray MLRS is back [but i change his weapon for liitle bit]. and i still want to complete all unit in blank icon.

however you can find every unuse unit in my mixfile and code to unlock them if you want to use. Smile

and just let you to know, i didn't release the mod as scrap resource but it's the mod that you can play and fun with and i still serious about every problem that show up.

@ OmegaBolt

i just finish check this build,but i can't see anything wrong, it just missing some unit [avatar] and sidewinder name still missing. other that that the mod work fine. are you sure that because you forget to build radar to access highter tier?

anyone have same problem as him?

i can still support the mod on bug and balance jus dont have much time to add more feature.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account
OmegaBolt
President


Joined: 21 Mar 2005
Location: York, England

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok well I'll try again at some point, thoroughly check through my folder...
_________________
TAK02 wrote:
Screw AttachEffect. Can't think of any use for it.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Skype Account
blubb
General


Joined: 31 Jul 2005

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

damn this could have been so sweet, nothing much left to complete a limited but good playable version oft it. adding sound, changing a few screens, balance it out and it's playable really good
_________________

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Alex06
Commander


Joined: 21 Sep 2003
Location: Montreal, Canada

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there any way to play this without having to insert the game disc? My CD/DVD drive is broken...

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Skype Account
Holy_Master
Commander


Joined: 21 Jul 2004
Location: Thailand

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

creation visual drive then mount something in it than start the game by RA2MD.exe if i didn't miss something i think you can play the game without CD.

you can insert random CD in your drive then start the game with RA2MD.exe either.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account
Banshee
Supreme Banshee


Joined: 15 Aug 2002
Location: Brazil

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post the new download link once you update it, so I can update the mirror on PPM.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account
Alex06
Commander


Joined: 21 Sep 2003
Location: Montreal, Canada

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy_Master wrote:
creation visual drive then mount something in it than start the game by RA2MD.exe if i didn't miss something i think you can play the game without CD.

I would, but I dunno how to do that with Windows 7. I know of Daemon Tools, but I installed it a long time ago and it expired. I now have to install the full version and pay for it, and I'm not sure I would, because this is the only use I'd have for it.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Skype Account
Holy_Master
Commander


Joined: 21 Jul 2004
Location: Thailand

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Banshee wrote:
Post the new download link once you update it, so I can update the mirror on PPM.


thank you Banshee. Very Happy [/code]

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account
TiberFCSL
Cyborg Artillery


Joined: 10 Nov 2006

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it normal that lots of units and shots have no sounds?
_________________


New missions coming soon!
Download the latest beta: http://www.moddb.com/mods/cc-tiberian-sun-tech-level-war

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Krow
Commander


Joined: 30 Jan 2010
Location: Malaysia

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope. The sounds are missing because (I think) HM forgot to include audio.idx file in the download. Only audio.bag that is included.
_________________
Team Black wrote:
interesting seeing your voxel work. They're still better than Aro's!

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Holy_Master
Commander


Joined: 21 Jul 2004
Location: Thailand

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

darn!!!! i just know that i forgot to put it!!! why no one tell me earlier!! :p

but only audio.idx is need?

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account
Krow
Commander


Joined: 30 Jan 2010
Location: Malaysia

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup. (It was your own fault) [j/k] #Tongue
_________________
Team Black wrote:
interesting seeing your voxel work. They're still better than Aro's!

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Holy_Master
Commander


Joined: 21 Jul 2004
Location: Thailand

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok i upload it already.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account
Krow
Commander


Joined: 30 Jan 2010
Location: Malaysia

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The staff's build also doesn't have the audio.idx.
_________________
Team Black wrote:
interesting seeing your voxel work. They're still better than Aro's!

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Holy_Master
Commander


Joined: 21 Jul 2004
Location: Thailand

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it same file since i didn't add any new sound from this version.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account
Krow
Commander


Joined: 30 Jan 2010
Location: Malaysia

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.sendspace.com/file/fhhe73
This one?
_________________
Team Black wrote:
interesting seeing your voxel work. They're still better than Aro's!

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Holy_Master
Commander


Joined: 21 Jul 2004
Location: Thailand

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes it's same link

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account
TiberFCSL
Cyborg Artillery


Joined: 10 Nov 2006

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked this mod a lot!!! If there just be different terrains (the RA2 colorful - happy terrain doesn't fit this mod), tiberium instead of ore and AI this mod would be perfect!!
_________________


New missions coming soon!
Download the latest beta: http://www.moddb.com/mods/cc-tiberian-sun-tech-level-war

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Holy_Master
Commander


Joined: 21 Jul 2004
Location: Thailand

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there're 3 [4?] new map in the lowest of map selection that make for ROS, and i can say it will even look better in next version. i suggest dont play the mod with old ra2 map since you will see something broken while playing.

and ros_oasis have some problem on cliff you should avoid this map. [i'll remove that map in next version to fix it]

Last edited by Holy_Master on Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:26 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account
TiberFCSL
Cyborg Artillery


Joined: 10 Nov 2006

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great! I'll see them then.
_________________


New missions coming soon!
Download the latest beta: http://www.moddb.com/mods/cc-tiberian-sun-tech-level-war

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Banshee
Supreme Banshee


Joined: 15 Aug 2002
Location: Brazil

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys, CnC World is also mirroring the alpha release posted above. So, the links in the first post were updated.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account
Holy_Master
Commander


Joined: 21 Jul 2004
Location: Thailand

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New Public Beta build 051211 is release and uploaded you can get it here right now!

ps. Thai manual if anyone interesting :p
http://www.mediafire.com/?dcna1kca60n9d9l

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account
kenosis
Commander


Joined: 19 Aug 2009
Location: Moscow State University

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey,latest NPExt_SE is 175
_________________
Tired of grabbing my random SHP conversions? Why not learn to create SHPs for yourself?

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
Holy_Master
Commander


Joined: 21 Jul 2004
Location: Thailand

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

really!? i dont know because even i still use that version in include in mod file. = ="

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account
kenosis
Commander


Joined: 19 Aug 2009
Location: Moscow State University

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OH SILLY ME!!
NPSE_Ext's latest vision is 173,NPAE_Ext is 175,I've mistaken
_________________
Tired of grabbing my random SHP conversions? Why not learn to create SHPs for yourself?

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
DaRTzO
Laser Commando


Joined: 18 Jan 2006
Location: Country Swing

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about a easy installer and uninstaller for all the files needed to play the mod?

I don't want to get stuck with your mod attached to my installation of YR and having to sort through the folder afterwards to delete the separate files.

This is the only thing stopping me from downloading it.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Holy_Master
Commander


Joined: 21 Jul 2004
Location: Thailand

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

since it's not complete version i dont have something like that only best solution is back up your whole game and install it. specialize when this mod possible to replace some original file.

i will make installer only when my mod have version 1.0 and that isn't too close since the mod still have many thing. need to improve/fix.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account
DaRTzO
Laser Commando


Joined: 18 Jan 2006
Location: Country Swing

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know what you mean, but you'll grab more testers and downloads this way. Especially on MODDB. Try google click team installer or nullsoft installer.

http://nsis.sourceforge.net/Main_Page

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ArvinCool
Tiberian Beast


Joined: 01 Jun 2008

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wont be able to do the AI. So remove me from the list.
Sorry, but I dont have much free time.
_________________
"I'll be staying strapped cuse my mac-eleven make my nuts bigger"

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Holy_Master
Commander


Joined: 21 Jul 2004
Location: Thailand

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you say so it's ok i'll remove you on the list as you ask. Smile

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account
freedom fighter
General


Joined: 14 May 2009

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are your SHPs still public or now exclusive to the mod? I'm considering using/modifying the Consortium stuff but I need to clarify this before I get accused of being a mod ripping n00b and get into a shitstorm.
_________________
The future belongs to The Forgotten!

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Holy_Master
Commander


Joined: 21 Jul 2004
Location: Thailand

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes but i forget to tell people only terrain that i not allow to use since i'm not only 1 who own those part. and if you public mod you should give credit for ROS mod and me.

and if people want to modify my mod directly from current version to make own version of ROS for public [like Voxel Version of ROS for example] they need to contect and tell me what they want to do before. [i'll not guarantee on this but if i ageed you will possible to get my support ,i need to do like this since i have only few people to run this mod]

if you can do follow here i'm ok with it. Smile
http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=31760" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" class="postlink">
http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=31760

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account
Holy_Master
Commander


Joined: 21 Jul 2004
Location: Thailand

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just want to say public beta 3 is release :p

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 2 [73 Posts] Goto page: 1, 2 Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Other Projects » Released » Reign of Steel
Jump to:  
Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group

[ Time: 0.6330s ][ Queries: 10 (0.0326s) ][ Debug on ]