:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Do you want to advertise at Project Perfect Mod. Find out how to do it HERE.

The time now is Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:10 am
All times are UTC + 0
 Forum index » Modding Central » Red Alert 2 Editing Forum
how to disable turret rotation, when the unit stops moving
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts] View previous topic :: View next topic
Author Message
suffle19
Light Infantry


Joined: 27 Jun 2019

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:43 pm    Post subject:  how to disable turret rotation, when the unit stops moving
Subject description: depends from hva?
Reply with quote

U know that rotation when unit stops his moving and turret starts to make 1 rotation at 180-360 degree(is it something like in-game re-check of turret pos?).
Is there way to disable it?
Does it depends from hva?

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
G-E
General


Joined: 09 Feb 2015

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again try english good?
_________________
http://www.moddb.com/mods/scorched-earth-ra2-mod-with-smart-ai

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PussyPus
Commander


Joined: 14 Jul 2015
Location: Underground Posts: N/A

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:21 pm    Post subject: Re: how to disable turret rotation, when the unit stops moving Reply with quote

suffle19 wrote:
U know that rotation when unit stops his moving and turret starts to make 1 rotation at 180-360 degree(is it something like in-game re-check of turret pos?).
Is there way to disable it?
Does it depends from hva?

If you mean 'turrets won't move when the vehicle's body rotates to get to, for example, backwards', then i think there is no rules(md).ini flag/code to fix this, the only closest-similar code that fixes a turret rotation is to code with the 'can't fire on the move' logic, which it doesn't fix what you exactly want, as for the HVA, it does nothing to it. (if i'm wrong at the turret rotation correct me Razz)
_________________
If you are a MetalHead (Heavy Metal Fan) and don't want to be a metalhead, Just remove your metal ball from your head. �:p .

Last edited by PussyPus on Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:22 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message ModDB Profile ID Skype Account
4StarGeneral
General


Joined: 14 Sep 2006
Location: Constant Flux

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he means when the turret resets to default position on a unit after it loses all targets. I don't think it's possible to stop that.
_________________
"Don't beg for things; Do it yourself or you'll never get anything."

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail YouTube User URL
suffle19
Light Infantry


Joined: 27 Jun 2019

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, sorry, dunno how to describe it...
RA1 has too such "bug". When vehicle stops it turn it's turret for a few degrees and back to normal.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth


Joined: 16 Aug 2006
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no clue what you mean
here's a video of an apoc stopping. no turret rotating or anthing.
it simply stops.
https://youtu.be/wNOaw4dqysA?t=58

here is a RA1 tank coming out of the factory and stopping. no rotating turret either
https://youtu.be/pCzb84gqATk?t=82


\edit
ah, checking a bit further i think it shows what you mean for the second tank
https://youtu.be/pCzb84gqATk?t=93
yeah, the turret rotates a bit, because it always faces the target cell the unit may ride past the cell center for a tiny bit, thus making the turret rotate back (e.g. cell center is at x0,y0 but the unit moved for a moment to x0.001, y0.0002 or whatever). But then it stops and the turret goes back to normal.
But who cares? It doesn't even affect gameplay as this only happens for passive moving units, not for attacking ones.
_________________
SHP Artist of Twisted Insurrection:  Nod buildings

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
suffle19
Light Infantry


Joined: 27 Jun 2019

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
no clue what you mean
here's a video of an apoc stopping. no turret rotating or anthing.
it simply stops.
https://youtu.be/wNOaw4dqysA?t=58

here is a RA1 tank coming out of the factory and stopping. no rotating turret either
https://youtu.be/pCzb84gqATk?t=82


\edit
ah, checking a bit further i think it shows what you mean for the second tank
https://youtu.be/pCzb84gqATk?t=93
yeah, the turret rotates a bit, because it always faces the target cell the unit may ride past the cell center for a tiny bit, thus making the turret rotate back (e.g. cell center is at x0,y0 but the unit moved for a moment to x0.001, y0.0002 or whatever). But then it stops and the turret goes back to normal.
But who cares? It doesn't even affect gameplay as this only happens for passive moving units, not for attacking ones.


Yeah, but mine unit turn it very noticeable, almost at 180 degree.
And only 1 unit do this. Maybe if I make him able to fire while moving it will solve dis... or "happens for passive moving units" must not be taken literally here?

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ApolloTD
Commander


Joined: 19 Nov 2003

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the turret turning arc is unusually large, it sounds like your turret is not properly centered with the body considering this is singular unit having bigger issue.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
suffle19
Light Infantry


Joined: 27 Jun 2019

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ApolloTD wrote:
If the turret turning arc is unusually large, it sounds like your turret is not properly centered with the body considering this is singular unit having bigger issue.


It's an old one unit, maybe some of the olds knows it - SREFB.
Dunno when and where i get it from.


123.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  17.84 KB
 Viewed:  70 Time(s)

123.png



Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sir Prize
Vehicle Driver


Joined: 27 Mar 2020
Location: AKA WoRmINaToR

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the predator available on YR Argentina. I think it was a Robot Storm unit once upon a time?
_________________
Formerly WoRmINaToR. I've created a new account to update to the name I've been using everywhere else for the last several years.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts] View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Modding Central » Red Alert 2 Editing Forum
Jump to:  
Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group

[ Time: 0.1401s ][ Queries: 13 (0.0082s) ][ Debug on ]