Posted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:27 am Post subject:
OpenSage Blender Plugin 0.5 has been released!
Subject description: Those who controls the Blender, commands the future! Those who command the future, conquers the past
For those modding Renegade, Generals and Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth 1 and 2, Command & Conquer 3 and Red Alert 3 here's good news: your favorite and only Blender Plugin from OpenSage, that exports W3D and W3X models from Blender, has been updated once again.
The version 0.5 has several bug fixes that makes the exporter more reliable. Here's the change list:
- use proper enums for vertex material shader properties
- create pivots for meshes on export if they have no parent bone
- create a bone for each hierarchy pivot on import (otherwise pivot order can not be maintained on roundtrip)
- reduced export time for meshes (O(n*n) -> O(n))
- handle empty/invalid/default materials correctly on export
- Bugfix: texture name got falsely '.dds' appended on export
- Bugfix: export proper opacity value of material (fixes invisible objects in W3DViewer)
- Bugfix: do not export uv coordinates if no texture is used by the material
- Bugfix: fixed mesh triangulation on export
- Bugfix: use proper hierarchy name for animation and hlod on export
Head to their GitHub repository to download the latest version. Note that it is not trivial to find the download there. You should try expanding the "Assets". Happy modding!
You cannot post new topics in this forum You can reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum You cannot attach files in this forum You can download files in this forum