:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

Do you want to advertise at Project Perfect Mod. Find out how to do it HERE.

The time now is Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:24 pm
All times are UTC + 0
 Forum index » Modding Central » Red Alert 2 Editing Forum » Ares (Unofficial Forum)
Parasite projectile without Limbo launch?
Moderators: Ares Support Team at PPM, Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts] View previous topic :: View next topic
Author Message
Mr.Hymn
Soldier


Joined: 01 May 2020

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:13 am    Post subject:  Parasite projectile without Limbo launch?
Subject description: Chaos drone cannon. Possible?
Reply with quote

Is it possible. Look below I have similar version but use doggie. The doggie doesn't use mutate weapon it just simply instant kill and spawn the doggie right away only if you shoot on infantry or empty tile. If firing on water, buildings, obstacles or tanks, doggie will die, no spawn will be done.

And that is easy part. This part is more challenging. I made a tank that capable to fire the chaos drone into infantry or another vehicle, but will use regular cannon on buildings and none parasitable units however I did removed the LimboLaunch=yes because tank is firing a chaos drone so shouldn't be Limbo and it works, target is shaking and damaging just like how terror drone is working BUT after target destroyed my tank also destroyed. also If I attack anoher target while first tank is damaging, it will stop and move to the second tank instead of damaging both. My tank also destroyed if one of them destroyed.


doggie-launcher.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  833.69 KB
 Viewed:  362 Time(s)

doggie-launcher.gif



Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Millennium
Commander


Joined: 09 Mar 2008
Location: Osaka (JP)/Hong Kong/Germany

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't even get Parasite=yes to work without LimboLaunch, let alone think of a way of making a unit fire a parasite that is not the same as itself (e.g. a tank firing a dog). I've done something like this using a Spawn parasite aircraft, but that is probably not what you are doing.
_________________
Mao Zedong wrote:

Our mission, unfinished, may take a thousand years.  

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mr.Hymn
Soldier


Joined: 01 May 2020

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Millennium wrote:
I can't even get Parasite=yes to work without LimboLaunch, let alone think of a way of making a unit fire a parasite that is not the same as itself (e.g. a tank firing a dog). I've done something like this using a Spawn parasite aircraft, but that is probably not what you are doing.


I can do the gun spawning the terror drone (not as voxel) and let them attack the vehicle but this will have a huge time gap because unit will spawn next to the target and attack target a few seconds later, I would rather want to choot a drone directly to the target and once target destroyed I can get a free drone afterward.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Millennium
Commander


Joined: 09 Mar 2008
Location: Osaka (JP)/Hong Kong/Germany

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But how did you do the dog launcher?
_________________
Mao Zedong wrote:

Our mission, unfinished, may take a thousand years.  

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
4StarGeneral
General


Joined: 14 Sep 2006
Location: Constant Flux

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless someone else knows better, your best bet is using AttachEffect for damage over time and Rocker to achieve the same effect as Parasite.
_________________
"Don't beg for things; Do it yourself or you'll never get anything."

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail YouTube User URL
Mr.Hymn
Soldier


Joined: 01 May 2020

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4StarGeneral wrote:
Unless someone else knows better, your best bet is using AttachEffect for damage over time and Rocker to achieve the same effect as Parasite.


This one is interesting idea I still need to know how to make drone spawn after target has been destroyed.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mr.Hymn
Soldier


Joined: 01 May 2020

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Millennium wrote:
But how did you do the dog launcher?


Well I am just simply using the dog projectile can be found in either GoodTeeth or BadTeeth. It's just that but to make them spawn I am using below tricks.

Code:

[DogLaucnherInfWH];Woof woof
Verses=1000%,1000%,1000%,0%,0%,0%,0%,0%,0%,0%,0%
InfDeath=1
Rocker=yes
AnimList=DoggieSpawner

[DogLaucnherTankWH];Woof woof
Verses=0%,0%,0%,5%,5%,5%,5%,5%,5%,5%,5%
InfDeath=1
Rocker=yes
AnimList=DoggieDie1,DoggieDie2

[DoggieSpawner]
Image=BLANK ;Just a plain 1 frame of nothing
MakeInfantry=5
Shadow=no
StartSound=DogAttack
MakeInfantryOwner=invoker
Layer=ground

[DoggieDie1]
Report=DogDie
CustomPalette=unittem.pal
Rate=900

[DoggieDie2]
Report=DogDie
CustomPalette=unittem.pal
Rate=900


Instead of using InfDeathAnim, I am using AnimList so doggie can spawn anywhere but I split to primary for infantry and secondary for tanks and buildings. Secondary will not spawn the dog but rather play Doggie dead AnimList when hit. Primary will spawn doggie.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mr.Hymn
Soldier


Joined: 01 May 2020

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fo weapon and projectile. Very simple.
Code:

[DOGCANNONAP]
Image=DOGP ;Hmm...Requires an Image entry to get at Rotates=.  Violates the same name default rule
Arcing=true
SubjectToCliffs=yes
SubjectToElevation=yes
SubjectToWalls=yes

; large anti-armor cannon (single shooter)
[DoggieINF]
Damage=90
ROF=25
Range=5.75
Projectile=DOGCANNONAP
Speed=40
Warhead=DogLaucnherInfWH
Report=RhinoTankAttack
Anim=GUNFIRE

; large anti-armor cannon (single shooter)
[DoggieMISC]
Damage=90
ROF=25
Range=5.75
Projectile=DOGCANNONAP
Speed=40
Warhead=DogLaucnherTankWH
Report=RhinoTankAttack
Anim=VTMUZZLE

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mr.Hymn
Soldier


Joined: 01 May 2020

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4StarGeneral wrote:
Unless someone else knows better, your best bet is using AttachEffect for damage over time and Rocker to achieve the same effect as Parasite.


It does working the only drawback is no matter how many times I tried or using either warhead on animation or weapon on animation, it seems the attach effect does unleashed the damage and warhead over time however rocker only play once after that tank stay still and keep losing health slowly. RadLevel can be use but why no rocker?

Can't use actual parasite weapon due to LimboLaunch=yes and Parasite=yes will stop the damage after hit.

Code:

[DroneJump2]
Damage=50
ROF=60
Range=1.83
Projectile=Invisible
Speed=30
Warhead=Parasite2

[Parasite2]; Terror Drone
CellSpread=.25
Verses=100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,0%,0%,0%,0%,0%
InfDeath=1
Rocker=yes

[MimicParasite]; Terror Drone
CellSpread=.25
Verses=100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,0%,0%,0%,0%,0%
AttachEffect.Animation=DroneParasite
AttachEffect.Duration=-1
AttachEffect.TemporalHidesAnim=yes
AttachEffect.ForceDecloak=yes
AttachEffect.AnimResetOnReapply=no
InfDeath=1
Rocker=yes
Report=TerrorDroneAttack
AttachEffect.Cumulative=no

[DroneParasite]
Image=BLANK60
Damage=50
;Warhead=Parasite2
Weapon=DroneJump2
Damage.Delay=60

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Millennium
Commander


Joined: 09 Mar 2008
Location: Osaka (JP)/Hong Kong/Germany

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, so this is not actually a Parasite weapon at all. Interesting that we are independently working on pretty much the same method at the same time. I think what you requested would really best be achieved by giving the tank a Spawner weapon that it uses against tanks, and giving it the drone as Spawn. Make sure that the drone's own "leap" has a range that is at least equal to the range of the spawner weapon of the tank. That way, the drone should leap at the tank's target as soon as it is spawned, and parasite inside the target. When a unit is launched as Spawn, even if it is not added to the "AircraftTypes" list, it will behave as an AircraftType (i.e. it will behave the same way as an AircraftType with the same weapon and same locomotor). However, it might be (I don't really know this) that this does not carry over when the unit becomes un-limboed (when destroying the unit that it was parasiting in), this will "reset" in some way to the unit being VehicleType. In that case, you will not only be able to launch a parasite unit in this way (which means that it can be removed by sonic weapons and service depots, unlike AE), but also will end up with a perfectly normal drone unit once the parasite destroys its target. In order to make sure that the tank can launch a parasite at a target even if one of its spawned drones is already parasiting inside another target, you should set the SpawnCount to a high number.
_________________
Mao Zedong wrote:

Our mission, unfinished, may take a thousand years.  

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mr.Hymn
Soldier


Joined: 01 May 2020

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Millennium wrote:
Oh, so this is not actually a Parasite weapon at all. Interesting that we are independently working on pretty much the same method at the same time. I think what you requested would really best be achieved by giving the tank a Spawner weapon that it uses against tanks, and giving it the drone as Spawn. Make sure that the drone's own "leap" has a range that is at least equal to the range of the spawner weapon of the tank. That way, the drone should leap at the tank's target as soon as it is spawned, and parasite inside the target. When a unit is launched as Spawn, even if it is not added to the "AircraftTypes" list, it will behave as an AircraftType (i.e. it will behave the same way as an AircraftType with the same weapon and same locomotor). However, it might be (I don't really know this) that this does not carry over when the unit becomes un-limboed (when destroying the unit that it was parasiting in), this will "reset" in some way to the unit being VehicleType. In that case, you will not only be able to launch a parasite unit in this way (which means that it can be removed by sonic weapons and service depots, unlike AE), but also will end up with a perfectly normal drone unit once the parasite destroys its target. In order to make sure that the tank can launch a parasite at a target even if one of its spawned drones is already parasiting inside another target, you should set the SpawnCount to a high number.


I have this idea in mind too just don't know if the drone once parasite , spawner may act as no spawn unit detected and release another one so the first one after came out of the vehicle will it crash the game?

Because spawner required to be primary if using secondary with landable=no on spawner will crash the game. Also if spawn have flightlevel less than 1 it will try to return to out side of the map and it will eventually crash the game. I know this because I have been testing with spawning ground units before. it's aircraft but act like ground vehicle. Too many issue with this.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mr.Hymn
Soldier


Joined: 01 May 2020

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I almost forgot. Spawner cannot be shp based vehicle. Game will crash 100%, tested. I need other drone voxel to play with.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Millennium
Commander


Joined: 09 Mar 2008
Location: Osaka (JP)/Hong Kong/Germany

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AircraftTypes can have a locomotor other than the "flying" locomotor. There shouldn't be issues related to FlightLevel when using a different locomotor. Also, a unit being in limbo does NOT break the SpawnCount of the spawner vehicle.
_________________
Mao Zedong wrote:

Our mission, unfinished, may take a thousand years.  

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mr.Hymn
Soldier


Joined: 01 May 2020

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Millennium wrote:
AircraftTypes can have a locomotor other than the "flying" locomotor. There shouldn't be issues related to FlightLevel when using a different locomotor. Also, a unit being in limbo does NOT break the SpawnCount of the spawner vehicle.


Good point. I am still need the voxel drone instead of shp drone because aircraft type can't use shp as voxel. It will crash.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts] View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Modding Central » Red Alert 2 Editing Forum » Ares (Unofficial Forum)
Jump to:  
Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group

[ Time: 0.3764s ][ Queries: 13 (0.0176s) ][ Debug on ]