:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

Do you want to advertise at Project Perfect Mod. Find out how to do it HERE.

The time now is Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:05 am
All times are UTC + 0
 Forum index » Modding Central » Red Alert 2 Editing Forum
Carrier Hornet Anti-Air?
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] View previous topic :: View next topic
Author Message
JarJarRey
Vehicle Driver


Joined: 28 Dec 2019

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:44 am    Post subject:  Carrier Hornet Anti-Air? Reply with quote

I tried making the allied carrier hornets be able to attack anti air too but it didnt work, here's my codes:


**** Units *****



[CARRIER]
Primary=HornetLauncher


; Carrier Fighter
[F18HORNET]
Secondary=HornetMissiles




**** Weapons *****



; Carrier's rangefinder virtual weapon
[HornetLauncher]
Damage=1
ROF=150
Range=25
;Range=-2 ; infinite
Spawner=yes
Projectile=InvisibleHornetLauncher
Speed=10
Warhead=Special
OmniFire=yes






[HornetMissiles]
Damage=40
ROF=3
Range=5
Projectile=HornetAirMissile
Speed=30
Warhead=HornetAAWH
Report=HornetAttack








**** Projectiles ****

; invisible flight to target
[InvisibleHornetLauncher]
Inviso=yes
Image=none
AA=yes
AG=yes



; aircraft and ground heatseeker
[HornetAirMissile]
Arm=2
Shadow=no
;Proximity=yes
Proximity=no
Ranged=yes
AA=yes
AG=no
Image=DRAGON
ROT=60
SubjectToCliffs=no
SubjectToElevation=no
SubjectToWalls=no

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
maestro21
Medic


Joined: 25 Feb 2008

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

; Carrier Fighter
[F18HORNET]
Secondary=HornetMissiles



Did you try Primary= instead of Secondary ?

But I don't know if primary missiles (if hornets have a primary) which   still attacks to the ground ?


Ah! At first, do you use Ares dll. ? Because in vanilla YR,  aircrafts are not allowed to attack air, only ground.Hornets are aircraft,so they can't attack air while they are in the air.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JarJarRey
Vehicle Driver


Joined: 28 Dec 2019

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maestro21 wrote:
; Carrier Fighter
[F18HORNET]
Secondary=HornetMissiles



Did you try Primary= instead of Secondary ?

But I don't know if primary missiles (if hornets have a primary) which   still attacks to the ground ?


Ah! At first, do you use Ares dll. ? Because in vanilla YR,  aircrafts are not allowed to attack air, only ground.Hornets are aircraft,so they can't attack air while they are in the air.



I see, it won't work unless it's in the Primary=.

Also it seems to refuse to use the projectile in the Secondary= anti-ground weapon.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Virgil
Rocket Cyborg


Joined: 22 Jul 2018

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JarJarRey wrote:

I see, it won't work unless it's in the Primary=.

Also it seems to refuse to use the projectile in the Secondary= anti-ground weapon.


IIRC Secondary are always used as AA weapon, unless it cannot target air units.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
silverwind
AA Infantry


Joined: 11 Jun 2016

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe AircraftTypes use the Projectile of their Primary weapon for both Primary and Secondary weapons.

If you're using Ares, then you can add a few new duplicate armor types, and use them exclusively for airborne units. Using armor types to decide what can fire on what is much more reliable, and lets you fine tune different airborne targets (like satellites, low-flying infantry/helicopters, high-altitude bombers, fighters, even stealth units).

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JarJarRey
Vehicle Driver


Joined: 28 Dec 2019

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

silverwind wrote:
I believe AircraftTypes use the Projectile of their Primary weapon for both Primary and Secondary weapons.

If you're using Ares, then you can add a few new duplicate armor types, and use them exclusively for airborne units. Using armor types to decide what can fire on what is much more reliable, and lets you fine tune different airborne targets (like satellites, low-flying infantry/helicopters, high-altitude bombers, fighters, even stealth units).


Have already been using ares armor codes for ground units but i will probably also use it for helicopters etc.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Modding Central » Red Alert 2 Editing Forum
Jump to:  
Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group

[ Time: 4.8159s ][ Queries: 10 (0.2627s) ][ Debug on ]