Posted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:17 pm Post subject:
Mental Omega 3.3.6 has been released!
After many months of mapping and scripting, our modding team - Mentalmeisters - is happy to announce that the end of our two-act campaign for Red Alert 2 is now available for download! Version 3.3.6 is out! Remember, it is a patch for the base release of Mental Omega 3.3.0, so make sure to have that one first!
This retold story of the conflict between the Allies, the Soviets and Yuri's Epsilon has reached its finale, with a set of brand new 9 massive and complex singleplayer missions. With this final addition to Act Two, the Mental Omega campaign now consists of 133 missions total: 97 singleplayer and 36 for cooperative.
To celebrate this major campaign-concluding release, we've recently released a new trailer. Check it out!
As always, there's been many balance changes, new units, structures and powers added to the tech tree, as well as additional bugfixes and visual enhancements. See the full changelog here for more information.
Yuri's Grand Kremlin Palace and the Black Guard
As such, as of version 3.3.6, Mental Omega includes:
- A completely new faction: The Foehn Revolt
- Free multiplayer services through CnCNet5
- 12 subfactions with their own unique sets of units
- 16 unique stolen tech units, 4 per faction
- 97 single player missions, including a campaign for Yuri
- 36 cooperative missions explicitly for 2 players
- 22 challenge maps for solo or 2 players
- a challenging AI, and an overly challenging AI
- new skirmish/multiplayer maps, around 650 total
- new skirmish/multiplayer game modes, 21 total
- heavily updated visuals & sound effects
- new soundtracks, unique for each side
- properly working save/load functions!
Yuri's Tower - The Mental Omega Device
The complete list of everyone involved to both larger and smaller extent in making Mental Omega 3.3.6 a reality is available here. This is a work of a team with some of the most excellent mission scripters in the Command & Conquer modding community, and I'd like to thank each and everyone involved for sticking around for all these years and making this happen. Thank you! - Speeder
The next update, 3.3.7 will mostly contain bugfixes, further balance changes and optimizations. While I'd love to announce the next chapter of this story immediately, currently I'd prefer to make no such promises.
We all thank you for being a fan for all these years!
For now however, this is it. The war is over! _________________ mentalomega.com QUICK_EDIT
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum You cannot attach files in this forum You can download files in this forum