This update includes seamless upscaling, an improved render pass, a redesigned "Source Image" panel, model switching, DreamStudio integration, and more!
Choose Your Installation
Several versions are available. Find the one that will work for you.
- Dream Textures for Windows (CUDA) - Local and cloud rendering with NVIDIA CUDA
- Due to file size limits on GitHub, the add-on ZIP file is contained in a 7-Zip archive.
- Install 7-Zip, right click on the downloaded dream_textures-windows-cuda.7z archive, select "7-Zip" > "Extract Here" to get the dream_textures-windows-cuda.zip file.
- In Blender preferences open "Add-ons" > "Install...", then choose the dream_textures-windows-cuda.zip file.
- Dream Textures for DreamStudio (Windows) - Cloud rendering with DreamStudio
Local generation is not available for Intel
Apple Silicon (M1/M2)
Installation must be completed manually. Follow the instructions under Contributing
for more details.
After installing the appropriate add-on ZIP file, enable the add-on and expand it's preferences. There you will find further instructions for setup.
To setup local generation, you will need a model checkpoint file, such as:
- Stable Diffusion v1.4
- Download the file sd-v1-4.ckpt, and import it in the add-on preferences
- Stable Diffusion v1.5
- Download the file v1-5-pruned-emaonly.ckpt, and import it in the add-on preferences
- Fine-tuned model
- Other fine-tuned models compatible with Stable Diffusion can be imported as well.
To setup DreamStudio integration, find your API key
and enter it in the add-on preferences.
Check "Seamless" to ensure tileable results from the AI upscaler.
Render Pass Color Management
Color Management settings are now correctly applied when using the Dream Textures render pass. This change is automatically applied, and ensures results match between manual runs of Dream Textures and automated runs via the render pass.
Choose defaults and create your own presets for advanced configuration.
File Batch and Iterations
Use a text file to run multiple prompts in a row, and set Iterations above 1 to try multiple seeds without interacting with the UI.
Init Image Redesign and Outpainting
The redesigned "Source Image" panel makes manipulating images easier to use. Various bugs regarding the "Mark Inpaint Area" brush have been resolved. Outpainting allows images to be extended beyond their original size. The "Prompt" mask source when inpainting allows you to choose a region to inpaint with a simple text prompt instead of a manual alpha-channel mask.
Tile along a single axis, or both for the original behavior. This can give interesting results for images such as infinitely scrolling backgrounds, decals, and more.
Connect your DreamStudio account to generate in the cloud. This is optional, and separate lighter builds with the DreamStudio backend only are provided for users with incompatible hardware.
Import multiple models and switch between them quickly to experiment with fine-tuned and updated checkpoints.