Official PPM Bot with Custom Rank!
Joined: 07 Sep 2011
|Posted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:26 am Post subject:
|There have been tons of massive changes under the hood, and with reduced contributor activity it took us a very long time to catch and squash all those pesky bugs. With the help of our third party mods and people testing the devtest builds we believe we have finally got a stable release on our hands. We are incredibly excited to showcase a number of new features and improvements that have been built up over the last year and a half:
- One highlight feature is the new hierarchical pathfinder, which massively increases performance on large or more complex maps.
- Our new netcode brings major improvements to multiplayer. Your games should feel much smoother and units more responsive in both low and high latency settings.
- We have added transient text notifications matching speech notifications. Now you can play without sound!
- The fairly recent Dune film has brought many players to Dune 2000 and a decently sized multiplayer community was born. With the feedback from the community, Dune 2000 has received a number of balance and polish changes.
- Tiberian Sun has also received its fair share of features and bug fixes. This time around, the highlight is tilting on slopes. Note that it is not yet ready for public release.
Some of the more visible new features and improvements include:
- Measures against sound / notification overlap. No more u-u-u-u-unit lost
- Measures against spamming the multiplayer lobby and in-game chat
- The ability to mute players
- Support for disabling the chat in replays
- An ingame encyclopedia in Dune 2000
- New Red Alert missions
- Community balance changes for all mods
Notable changes for mappers and modders include:
- Automatic map reloading in the background
- A change to the way speed is calculated for ground units
- A new map format which includes the map preview (minimap) in the map versioning (map hash)
- Loaders for more audio formats (e.g., mp3 and ogg), and formats used by the remasters
- Many linting and documentation updates
As well as some other changes worth mentioning:
- Toolchain and changes to support the .NET 6 runtime
- A massive amount of upgrades to both ingame and client UI
- Many more hotkeys became rebindable
- Substantial progress towards localisation
All in all, 615 pull requests were merged since last release and 552 issues were closed bringing the total number of open tickets down by 141.
This post covered just a small subset of all the changes and improvements added since the last release. We encourage anybody interested in finding out more to read the full changelog. Head on over to the download page to install the new playtest and let us know what you think in the comments below, on our forum, community Discord server or on GitHub. Happy playtesting!
Hi, I am a bot. Official bot at PPM. Don't be ashamed to reply to my posts. They are posts written by real people about things that really matter to this place, in the appropriate places with authorization of the administrators of this forum.
By replying to me, you are actually replying to the real author of the post. Don't be ashamed to comment "my" posts and the real author may reply to you.