The FreeCAD team is happy to announce the release of version 0.20.2. This is a maintenance release.
Changelog 0.20.1 -> 0.20.2
Addon Manager fixes:
Core (App and Gui) fixes:
- a8cb4e7: Fix bug in dependency resolver
- #7356: Minor bugfix with Mod folder
- 83f4b2c: Fix failures with Unicode characters in filenames
- d1ad3b4: Add try/except to integer conversion
- 9bf0c58: Fix formatting in error handler
- 746a56f: Don't show non-existing and unusual directories in the file dialog
- ff876bf: Clear combo boxes before re-filling them and fix handling of icon size in preferences packs
- 6395465: make FreeCAD 0.20.x to compile with Python 3.11
- #7388: Prevent crash when trying to create ExpressionBinding without arguments
- #7422: Allow set up expression even if the property value is currently being edited
- #7444: Assure message boxes appear and stay on top of the main window
- #7507: Allow None parameter again in drag and drop methods in Python ViewProviderPy class
- #7539: TinkerCAD navigation was always stopping right mouse button propagation
- #7277: Write to network drive failed on Windows
- bc9897c: TreeView selection can not be undone
- #7628: Fix crash after creating a Sketch for a Body
- 4d8e615: If expression is set for Euler angles in the placement dialog then evaluate the expression instead of determining the angles from the rotation
- 6f302d3: Backport class WrapperManager to fix possible crashes when using PySide
- #7737: Add default JPEG save quality and set it to 90%
- 7d9b344: Fix memory leak
- 4067cc1: Fix endless-loop in View3DInventorSelection::checkGroupOnTop
- 710a470: Fix endless-loop in DocumentObject::getParents
- #5942: Revit navigation: rotation stop on scroll release
- #7819: ActionGroup: also get its tooltip title updated
- #5765: Clone did not maintain the colours of the original
- 2b5b7cd: Fix snapper icons
- #7354: Add tolerance to BoundBox check
- #7424: Fix working plane auto alignment to front view
- #7441: Fix flatten wire
- #7453: Fix alignment of angular dimension arrows
- #7528: Fix crash related to SoBrepEdgeSet
- #7616: Make Std_TransformManip work for Point
- #7670: Fix rectangle with face offset bug
- #7806: arcFromSpline() function uses wrong parameter
- #7445: Improve offset handling of SubShapeBinder
- #7504: Add format parameter for Wedge X-min
- #7626: Hole cut depth was not recalculated correctly
- #7674: Improve Helix calculation for straight shape
- #7629: Keep sketch visible during revolution tasks
- #7722: assure source sketch is visible when in selection mode of Helix
- 145c3bf: Fix UTF-8 in filename handling for Hole
- #7943: Fix check for orthogonality when padding/pocketing along a custom direction
- #7438: Change Default Drilling Retraction from G99 to G98
- #7454: Fix for testing verticallity during PathFeedRate generation
- #7455: Fix for setup-sheet-stepover
- #7604: Fix multi-screen management of QtColorPicker
- #7841: Alias field can't be set for empty cells
- #7389: Fix MacOSX build of FreeCAD 0.20.x
- #7434: Fix makeWireString for Windows with Python 3.09 and newer
To install, just execute the Windows installer. Administrator permissions are not necessary when you install FreeCAD only for the current user.
You can safely install FreeCAD 0.20.2 over an existing FreeCAD 0.20.x installation.
In case Windows warns you about a potential risk, you can ignore this and select to install anyway.
The installer works on all Windows 7, 8, 10, and 11 systems. Windows Vista and older are not supported.
An installation of FreeCAD 0.20.x will not interfere with an installation of FreeCAD 0.19 or a weekly build of FreeCAD's master
AppImages (no compiling necessary) are available (a kind of binary that can run on many Linux distros).
AppImage (delta) updates
For more streamlined downloading of AppImages, download AppImageUpdate (GUI or the command line version). To perform an update:
chmod +x ./AppImageUpdate.AppImage
chmod +x ./appimageupdatetool.AppImage
Binary stable builds (no compiling necessary). Download the .dmg below. You may need to expand the assets tab to see the available packages. The build will only work correctly with MacOS version 10.12.
NOTE: .app is not signed and will not run on macOS out of the box.
- After opening the download, drag the app into your Applications folder (if you already have FreeCAD in there, it is possible to keep both)
- When you open the new version, you will get a pop-up saying that it cannot be verified. Do not Move to Bin, simply click Cancel or press the Escape key.
- Then go to System Preferences > Security and Privacy > General, and at the lower part, you will see that FreeCAD was blocked from use because it is not from an identified developer
- Click the option to Open Anyway
- When prompted to confirm, choose Open
Currently, there is no support for aarch64 builds, which is pretty popular for the arch of Chromebooks. We're monitoring the upstream issue
. Apologies for the inconvenience!
We understand through our forum users that FreeCAD can successfully run on Chromebooks that have Linux support
. The only caveat known to us is the need to disable GPU acceleration via chrome://flags/#crostini-gpu-support
. The easiest way to install it is to enable Flatpak
and then install using this link