Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:33 am
All times are UTC + 0
Leave your suggestions for PPM website!
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 3:47 am    Post subject:  Leave your suggestions for PPM website! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I know there is another topic here that asks the same thing, but the context was different there. So, I decided to restart it. If you have any idea to improve PPM site, please post here.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm first i don't like a lot the new type of link in the news, there is a lot better effect, take a look on my website http://rathma.outre-tombe.net/ just the color change white to --> white-very light yellow

You have to do a css. component for that Smile

Next, i find that your tutorial are very good, but some picture could help to understand ! and to read the tutorial for debutant (more picture are on the tutorial, most is the probability to read it). Like a walktrought without picture is very very very boring. Don't forget that ini. files are hard to understand for new member

More informations about the mod: needed configuration, wallpaper (why not ? !!), A bit little description of the team could be very cool (just two lines for each member)

ADD COMMENTS TO the news !

---> add a page where you can inform about the progress of the mod (cameo, maps, campagn, buildings, units, ia ....... )

Smile

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thanks, Maxim. When I get back from the university, I'll work on it... Anyone else has suggestions? Please, leave it here, so PPM site can get better... send your feedback like Maxim did Smile.

Kravvitz
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Two suggestions:

An option in the user profiles that allows for fewer posts per page in threads. Smile

Quick Reply is useful. Smile

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quick reply already works.

As for fewer posts per thread, I'll look at it, but if there is no mod for PHPBB that doesnt fix it, I aint create one. (I dont understand PHPBB code very well and cant be bothered to study it, too busy)

Kravvitz
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:
Quick reply already works.

As for fewer posts per thread, I'll look at it, but if there is no mod for PHPBB that doesnt fix it, I aint create one. (I dont understand PHPBB code very well and cant be bothered to study it, too busy)

I guess it wasn't showing up becuase I stopped the pages loading after 3 minutes ans it hadn't loaded the bottom yet.

I'll try to find out which forums have optional posts per page settings for you.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

banshee: search for "Hack Phpbb 2.0" they add a lot of feature like make news from the forum and a lot of other things (i lost the link of the website...) Smile

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2003 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hellfire
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2003 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How about site currency like sleipnirs I always liked that kinda stuff.

All hail me

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2003 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

meh.... it would give a lot of trouble...

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Let's get a resume of what I already added in the new layout to be released very soon:

Quote:
Hmm first i don't like a lot the new type of link in the news, there is a lot better effect, take a look on my website http://rathma.outre-tombe.net/ just the color change white to --> white-very light yellow

You have to do a css. component for that

- It still gonna be worked on, but it's quite easy...

Quote:
Next, i find that your tutorial are very good, but some picture could help to understand ! and to read the tutorial for debutant (more picture are on the tutorial, most is the probability to read it). Like a walktrought without picture is very very very boring. Don't forget that ini. files are hard to understand for new member

- Maybe the cameo one will gain pictures. The ini ones doesnt need.

Quote:
More informations about the mod: needed configuration, wallpaper (why not ? !!), A bit little description of the team could be very cool (just two lines for each member)

- needed configuration is unpredictable in the moment. We need at least 90% of the mod done to estimate it. As soon as you release a wallpaper, we gonna have a section hosting that.

Quote:
ADD COMMENTS TO the news !

- done Smile

Quote:
---> add a page where you can inform about the progress of the mod (cameo, maps, campagn, buildings, units, ia ....... )

- Battlefield News: Our encrypted way to inform our progress. We already have an internal project for that which is uncompleted known as New Work System. Such a thing is extremely classified in the moment and cant be showed yet. Maybe it will be showed when the mod is released.... maybe... if the members agree. Btw, the BattleField News is still under-construction.

The other suggestions are for the forum and they will be taken into consideration. Please, send more feedback! Wink.

Tapek

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Change the bloody logo.

Tratos
General

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2003 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Fiddle with the poll option on the site so it uses cookies, like the boards, so people can see the results once they have voted instead of still seeing the options.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2003 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

uh oh... that gonna be harder but, erm... I'll try it... but not now...

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2003 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

make links a different coloure on the boards.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!