Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:49 am
All times are UTC + 0
.TMP editor
Moderators: Community Tools Developpers
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
red_rebel
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 2:37 am    Post subject:  .TMP editor Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've looked all over and I can find a .TMP editor. For the Mod RotD, one was used for the snow maps so where can i find one? By the way great job on the Mod guys.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Currently, the only one is located at XCC Homepage: http://xccu.sf.net known as XCC TMP Editor. I don't know if it's separate or included at XCC Utilities package.

I'm working on the OS Modding Studio which is a program that will initially create and edit SHP (TS), TMP (TS) and VXL files... although its development is in a very initial stage.

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee u made any progress since u showed me ur tmp work? Also u ever thought of contacting a WW(well it would have been then) Programmer who worked on TS?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Answer for both questions: no.

I'm 99% overloaded with university work. I have to implement the following things until 17/12:

- a small pascal compiler (in C or C++)
- a small SQL interpreter that understands the select command (in C or C++)
- a program that deals with huge ammount of data using four types of hashing (in Delphi)
- a program that deals with huge ammount of data using B-Trees (or whatever it's called in english) (in Delphi)

and for 23/12:

- a program that detect the minutias from fingerprints.

Does each of them is a hell of a work and they include a lot of concept that I have no idea on how to implement.

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

red_rebel
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:
Currently, the only one is located at XCC Homepage: http://xccu.sf.net known as XCC TMP Editor. I don't know if it's separate or included at XCC Utilities package.

I'm working on the OS Modding Studio which is a program that will initially create and edit SHP (TS), TMP (TS) and VXL files... although its development is in a very initial stage.

Oh i never thought to look i nthe news...Thank you.

Sweet! It will be like a universial editor, good luck on it.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
Jokeman
Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:17 pm    Post subject: Re: .TMP editor Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

red_reble wrote:
I've looked all over and I can find a .TMP editor. For the Mod RotD, one was used for the snow maps so where can i find one? By the way great job on the Mod guys.

to answer your question:
(well... one year after Smile ... but maybe you are still interested... now as the new mod leader Wink )

I programmed my own tool to create the grass terrain of rotd.
This tool could export images out of tem/sno files. Then i edited the images and reimported them with my tool into the original tem/sno files.
The image is the only thing that is replaced in the file. Therefore, the map color is still white. It wouldn't be that problem to change this too, but i had no time to improve the tool, after the mod was released.

It took me some time to develop this tool, but as i said before... There was no time to document it and create a useful user interface. Hence, not even i know how to use it now  Laughing
I would have to look into the source code to find out the function of the input boxes and buttons  Confused

i'm very proud of the terrain, because its a very unique thing in TS mods

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:49 pm    Post subject: Re: .TMP editor Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Jokeman wrote:
Therefore, the map color is still white. It wouldn't be that problem to change this too

hmm bit off topic but can tiles not have there radar colour changed in the temperate or snow.ini?  Rolling Eyes

Jokeman
Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the relevant color information seems to be in the tmp file...
one tmp file can have more than one tile and every tile can have its own color

Saberhawk
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum