Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:24 am
All times are UTC + 0
Shotgun trooper or Elite cadre?
Moderators: Denmon
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [17 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Shotgun trooper or Elite cadre?
Shotgun trooper - Shotgun and C4
36%
 36%  [ 4 ]
Elite cadre - Machinegun and C4
63%
 63%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 11

Denmon
General

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 12:42 pm    Post subject:  Shotgun trooper or Elite cadre? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, i dont want to use both but i like the idea of a shotgun trooper as its an original idea not used in many mods(i think). But ill let you guys chose.

Elite cadre - Machinegun and C4

Shotgun trooper - Shotgun and C4

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Elerium-155
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Both, have Shotgunner as an early Tier 1 unit.

Elite Cadre can come on later after Radar, and are harder to kill.

Denmon
General

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i dont want to have both of them as they look so alike. so i will only have one!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Ackron
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

replace nods light infantry with shotgun guy, it could give them an advantage over crappy GDI inf.

Denmon
General

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i could do it so that the noddies have shotguns that are stronger but they take more time to reload (ROF) and the gdi's have weaker guns but they are machineguns that can fire rapidly.

Grievous
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The elite cadre replaces the cyborg for NOD? If so, I don't think they need a C4.

Denmon
General

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thats not what i had in mind but i like that idea! Though, he would still have c4 beacuse he is weaker then a cyborg so he needs something to componsate for that

Suiseiseki
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't recommend having them anything close to the price range of the Cyborg then. Imagine a C4 Cadre rush.. -_-

Denmon
General

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lol, that would be fun #Tongue

well, could someone just vote please? so that i know if to use the cadre or shotgun trooper

CanMan
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I say, screw the Elite Cadre, replace the cyborg with shotgun trooper, give the shotie trooper a slower reload time and heavier armor then the light inf. Give it an almost instantkill to the light inf, say 2 squares left. That'll basicly even it out Very Happy lol, unless of course you have a giant horde of a million shotties blowing away the units lol.

Suiseiseki
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You could always try and create a bigger contrast between the two units and use both. One instead of cyborg and one instead of light infantry maybe?

CanMan
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Maybe you could replace the disc thrower with the elite cadre, but have it have a disc with a pistol or a weak machinegun, while the shottie trooper does more damage to tanks as well.

Denmon
General

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

GP carnivean! iam thinking maybe... copy pasting a backpack onto one of them. Or have you got some better idea?

CanMan, huh? Disc thrower? Elite cadre? Neutral iam kinda confused now

CanMan
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lol, never mind, I say you just forget about the elite cadre and replace the cyborg with the shottie trooper.

Elerium-155
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nonono, replace the Cyborg with the Cadre, that was it's original intention before CABAL took over the Cyborgs. A minor health increase or something would make up for it's loss of the "get up when dying" ability which the 'Borg had.

Add a Shotgun trooper as a anti infantry version of a disc thrower, but shorter range but does crap against vehicles. Have Rocket infantry long range, good against vehicles but bad against infantry. Disc Thrower to balance it out would have it's Disc Thrower 50/50 good against infantry and vehicles.

Grievous
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah! A person who has the same view as me. Use the Elite Cadre, there are other ways to compensate for the lower health and squishablility.

Denmon
General

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok, but ill have to add some new twist to the shottie then

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [17 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon