Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:26 am
All times are UTC + 0
Halflife or halo
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 2 of 2 [69 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2

halo or halflife?
Halo(right answer)
35%
 35%  [ 13 ]
Halflife(wrong answer)
64%
 64%  [ 24 ]
Total Votes : 37

Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It was fine for me. I have various codecs installed.

D
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The big 60mb Codec packs such as Ace Mega Codecs Pack or Nimo's Codec Pack?

Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No, I've got things ranging from a DivX codec to FLAC. Most of them I got after my time spent with Linux. Considering you've got packs of codec, I'm going to assume that you have far more than me.

Havoc
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

D wrote:
F.E.A.R. is one of the buggiest games ever made, well the demo is at least. God knows how many people had sound problems because they couldnt be arsed to use a decent audio codec, which resulted in people unable to hear, but also unable to play the game simple because yhe game skipped audio, and actions happened before they were supposed too. IE. people being pushed out of the car before they was supposed to and there for trapping them in the behind the dumpster and car.
Demos and betas are almost always buggy. It's the damn truth. The best example I'd give is Medal Of Honor Allied Assault. Me and some of my friends tryed the demo and it worked like hell on pcs that had more than the requirements. Even at low settings it worked as hell. The full game instead works ultra fine on my and my friends' pcs.

Painkiller
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeah this is the same a Call of Duty the damn demo was slow as hell! but when i got the full game it ran like a dream Very Happy

Havoc
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Same thing with Quake III Arena Demo, but let's get back on topic.

Painkiller
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Half-Life changed pc games and fps forever it was a really big hit, Halo is popular but it didn't revoulutionise the world Half-Life did

~Peach_Blossom~
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

all outright halo..haloz da bom

Kiith-Sa
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Both answers are wrong, Deus Ex. If you look on Half-Life 2, half of it is inspired by Deus Ex.

D
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is about Half-Life not Half-Life 2, and as for Deus Ex, the original pwned, but the sequal sucked big time. I just hope the third installment is better.

Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

They can't be making a Deus Ex 3, Ion Storm were shut down.

m666
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No, this goes up a bit.  Half Life 2 can not beat the classic Halo.  Halo 2 and Half-Life 2 together could not beat Halo.  There is way too much to concentrate on, so for all of you who have never played Halo, then get a copy somehow, get to the level 'The Library' and set the difficulty to Legendary.  I am unbelievable in Halo and the first time my friend recommended this to me, I died in 60 seconds.  On top of the fact only 2 weapons are effective ENOUGH against the Flood, you must consider one of them are grenades and you only get like three or so in a mission, at all.  The other weapon, the shotgun, is gonna cost you if you are not cautionus of your ammo indicator in the HUD.  Try it and master it.  I, however, am not gonna say that I am the best at Halo.  Just pretty damn good.

Friend of mine's cousin (Cool beat legendary in one night, no grenades, and not dying a single time.  I witnessed it...that was a skillful player.

View user's profile Send private message Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
D
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Clazzy wrote:
They can't be making a Deus Ex 3, Ion Storm were shut down.

When was this, because Ion Storm also made Thief 3, and it was announced there was going to be a Thief 4 and Deus Ex 3. This was a while ago though, and id hate to find out that two of the most potential games are cancelled.

Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I believe both were announced in 2004, but Ion Storm were shut down in early 2005.

D
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crying or Very sad Dammit, guess ill have to look for other original games.

Kiith-Sa
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Warren Spector now works in Junction Point Studios, cooperating with Valveon a secret project, so maybe well see something new as good as Deus Ex or System Shock.
BTW, I think Deus Ex 2 wasnt so bad, but fans wanted new DX and Spector made a completely different game, and it wasnt super-original like DX 1. I give 10/10 to DX 1 and 8/10 to DX 2. BTW, Im just playing Deus Ex 1 for third time and I still find things Ive never seen before.
And I meant Half-Life 1 too. I just say that Deus Ex is an inspiration for new games, and HL2 is a good example.

Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Deus Ex still surprises me. On the third play through of the game, I realised you could save Paul. On the second play through, I killed Anna on Lebedev's plane, meaning I could get out of Unatco straight away.

DX2 was too focussed towards consoles and so much was removed from it that was in the original (head shots causing more damage, separate ammo, skill points), and then there was that crap interface.

I hope Spector can release another game that is on par with DX, with the deep story, multiple paths and rich environment that made it my favourite game ever.

Red Dragon
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

HALO is the best of that 2, but there are better fp-shooters

_->TF:ADW mod player<-_
Red Dragon

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Sir Modsalot
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice double-bump. I'd vote HL-2, but it scared me a LOT more than Halo.

[quote="DCoder"]There is no sanity left in this thread.[/quote]

Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum