Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:38 am
All times are UTC + 0
[PSP7 tutorial] High-Tech signature
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [28 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Denmon
General

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 11:21 pm    Post subject:  [PSP7 tutorial] High-Tech signature Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

First, make a new image with these properties

Now select your Brush tool from the toolbar

And slap on some random paint like below

Now select the Colored Foil

And use these properties

Now repeat this but with these properties

Now do the same as on pic 5 and you should have something like this

Now select the Colorize tool with these settings

Your sig should now look like this

Now we need to give it some borders! to do this select the Draw tool from the toolbar

Use these properties

And paint a nice little border like i did below

Now blend in some render and fix the colours to what you want and youre done!

Tutorial written by
Denmon0728

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Lok
Stealth Laser Trooper

Location: (StealthTank) Destroyable=no Detectable=no Explodes=yes

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hmm not bad Very Happy

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account AIM Address
daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cool.. but I prefer to use brushes.. as they look cooler.. but I must say... that.. is cool... If I had PSP id use it.. but I was trained on Photoshop.. Litterally...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
D
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Shouldnt a tutorial made for graphics contain at least a finished version example?

Denmon
General

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 10:01 am    Post subject: Re: [PSP7 tutorial] High-Tech signature Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

denmon0728 wrote:

I did. Even tough theres not many people who uses PsP i still hope that this will be of usage for someone anyway

Lee
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thats a pretty cool tut. I would use it but iv moved onto PS now Sad yes, i've joined the dark side.

Denmon
General

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yea... everyone turns to the dark side. none uses psp anymore Sad maybe i should start using PS too.
Lee: Denmon! Iam your father!
Denmon: NOOOOO!
Lee: Join the dark side of simple photo editing with Photoshop!
Denmon: Must... resist... cant... NOOOO... I will join!

Lee
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

#Tongue lol

you can do most thing you can do in PS with PSP just have to work a little harder, also, PSP is much easier to use.

Prime
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

But PSP Sucks.  Very Happy

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Suiseiseki
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bad narrow minded prime, bad.

Durrandi
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I use PSP, and it works fine, takes a little gtting used to if you've always used pint though

Lee
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Carnivean wrote:
Bad narrow minded prime, bad.

Primes like that, you just have to ignor him.

DeathRay2K
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I started out using PSP, but I much prefer PS now. Its just so much more powerful! Smile

Nuclear General
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Prime wrote:
But PSP Sucks.  Very Happy

Not really. I like PSP. I think its one of the best gfx programs, but Im still learning PSP9 tho.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Denmon
General

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well PsP aint bad! And as Lee said "you can do most things you can do in PS with PSP just have to work a little harder" And PsP IS easier to use than Ps for a start but if you learn Ps then it will be much better and powerfull then PsP.

j4m3sb0nd
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well PS is the professional way...

And although you made a good tutorial for noobs, i would personally suggest you do not use filters unless its for a subtle difference or complementation; not at all to be a basis of ones work. Wink

Denmon
General

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I didnt understand this part "subtle difference or complementation; not at all to be a basis of ones work." but if i got you right you were saying that i should have done the with brushes only...

j4m3sb0nd
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No no, as i said, if they are used at all, they should be used rarely & only if it brings a subtle complementation to the piece, they should not be used as the main feature of an image, as you can tell its been filterised oh too easy, & in my opinion can look quite tacky. Wink

Denmon
General

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

True, but i make my tutorials so that they should be easy for psp7 starters...

Vincent93
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I am in PSP9 and i can not find the colorize tool.

Edit:

Here is my result
I cheated, instead of making it gray with the colorize tool, i used grayscale, then converted it back to 16 million colors.

Then added the two Renegade Renders.

test banner.gif
 Description:
I like it, thanks, Demnon. :D :)
 Filesize:  40.06 KB
 Viewed:  15833 Time(s)

test banner.gif

j4m3sb0nd
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

CTRL+U brings up hue menu where you can set a colourise option in dialogue Vincent.

Vincent93
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah thanks j4m3sb0nd, this is another try of myne.
Thanks Demnon this is really usefull. Very Happy

another test.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  10.8 KB
 Viewed:  15819 Time(s)

another test.gif

Denmon
General

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

try copying the bg and blend it over your sig with the renders... it gives great reasults

And lee
BEEP! Wrong anwser! its shift+L!!! i just got psp9 btw!! yaay

Vincent93
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok i will try that thanks. Very Happy  Very Happy

Durrandi
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sorry fo bumping old topic, but I made an interseting discovery, fo a n alternate version, simply instead of doing default colord foil the second time, do coloed edges.

ORCACommander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

great tutoriel #Fade in , just 1 problem:

you forgot to tell us how to upload the new sig Exclamation

m666
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm sorry, ORCACommander, but this is coming!

Duh!  Upload to a imagehoster!

I'm sorry, dude!  but none the less, just find a free imagehoster.  There are plenty out there, and if you honestly want to, get onto a fancy, pay imagehosting.

View user's profile Send private message Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Vincent93
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm sorry Moder666 but you had this coming DUH Add An Attachment right below the text box when posting.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [28 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon