Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:41 am
All times are UTC + 0
OS SHP Builder Feature: More File Support
Moderators: stucuk
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:08 am    Post subject:  OS SHP Builder Feature: More File Support Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sometimes, it comes the day when we get tired of hiding somethings. So, I decided to reveal something cool regarding OS SHP Builder 3.35 that will be released sometime in this week or next.

I'm adding GIF, PNG and TGA support for the Import and Cameo Generator.

And, better than that, you can preview all these files, including the valid PCX when you are selecting them, unlike in the old versions where you could only preview JPG and BMP. Unfortunatelly, the PCX support is limited, because I can't find a descent library for it. The one that OS SHP Builder uses since 2.x doesn't open certain kind of PCX files.

Check the picture below and take your conclusions. It was a pain in the ass, till the GIF worked properly.

SHPBuilder335_gifsupport.jpg
 Description:
W00t! Import GIFs, TGA and PNG!
 Filesize:  109.23 KB
 Viewed:  16544 Time(s)

SHPBuilder335_gifsupport.jpg

ORCACommander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Brillient!
Can't wait to try it
another triumph to you Banshee. Cheers

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

will it support the transparencies in .gif and .png files?!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Only 'artificially'... If you guess the background colour, it will work fine. But the autoselect doesn't get the 'transparent colour' yet.

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Siberian GRemlin
Grenadier

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If I create my icon or edit old, when i convert (by XCC Mixer) PCX -> SHP black color(PCX) converting in transparent(SHP) and in game bugs with this transparent color.

Can i edit by SHP Builder SHP(TD) without transparent colors?! Disable transparent in oprions or somethink else?

Westwood Studios forever!

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You can use the colour replacement tool to replace the colour #0 with any other colour.

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Icedogg
GDI Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:06 pm    Post subject: wow Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

this is a great job i'm using that program and it's so great good job man can't wait to try it

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm assuming that when you import a animated GIF it'll only take the first frame or not read it at al...
I think it'd be a very neat and useful feature if you'd be able to import an animated GIF file and also export as an animated GIF file (for preview and maybe also editing purposes).

Is it possible to include a feature like this? And if it is, can you include it with the release of 3.35 and if not, maybe the next release?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

why would it be limited to one frame. The screenshot is of the dialog that comes up when ur importing multiple frames. There would be no point including GIF if it could only read one frame.

It would also be compleatly pointless to include GIF if it couldn't read all the frames.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@Bittah: The program imports all frames of the GIF file or the frames that you determine. The difference is that you don't need a myimage 0000.gif, myimage 0001.gif, because GIF accepts multiples frames in one file.

OS SHP Builder Import has a checkbox that allows you to get packages or single files ('View Only The First File Of The Package').  The way it imports gif depends on that selection.

If it's checked, it will import all frames or the ones in the interval that you select.

If that's not checked, it will only get the first frame and treat it like a normal bitmap file.

For exporting, the same concept applies, except that you don't have a checkbox. Instead, you have the option to export the current frame or all frames in the  menu.

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's very good to know, hardly can't wait for the release

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
Uufje

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I can't wait until it's release! It looks very cool.

OrangeNero
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

When importing pictures they have the wrong colors, how can I make them use the palette colors? Is there some conversion feature?
Or could I edit the picture in some other program to use only the palette color and then import them?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I need details on three things to help you:

1) What are you defining as wrong colours.

2) Which picture are you trying to import?

3) Which settings are you using?

Krow
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The pictures should be in 256 colour format to have the most exact colours when converted right?

OrangeNero
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ha, woohoo I found it!
What I was looking for was:
File, Import, Image->SHP
This is so wonderful, I can create cameos now from any jpg Very Happy It auto converts them into the palette, tested in game and works and looks good. Well they mostly wont fit into the game and stand out and are miles away from what a professional can do but heck its looking sweet and by far better than the placeholder.

I can make http://www.moddb.com/mods/orange-touch-up/images/there-will-be-cameos-in-fact-there-are1#imagebox to http://www.moddb.com/mods/orange-touch-up/images/there-will-be-cameos-in-fact-there-are#imagebox

Banshee I owe you and OS SHP a kingdom of pies sugar and sweetness.

1 was colors that TS does not support, like voxels being pink a shp using non palette colors would use other colors in game and look messed up.

2 JPG and the likes.

3 OS SHP 3.36. Dunno which setting you need exactly.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum