Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:59 pm
All times are UTC + 0
XCC Mix Editor problem
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 5:08 pm    Post subject:  XCC Mix Editor problem Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yea there is a REALLY frustrating, annoying and time wasting error with XCC Mix Editor

even when you compact a mix file it does not always work and comes up with the appropriate internal error ingame before a game loads

even pressing compact does not always work and it says compact succeeded but it doesnt

its wasting loads of my time as im going over and over again and again to try and get it working (it has worked eventually in the past right now its not working again)
ive re-downloaded the program from here and everything

please could someone help Sad Sad

[Copy/pasted from XCC forum]

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

try to get old versions from it. I've never had problems with XCC Mix Editor here.

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yea cheers banshee i was gunna do that at first

I have now thanks to SeaMan using a way that seems to work good (which i should have been doing in the first place anyway)

of rather than just keep adding stuff to the mix files, each time i have something new to add re-compile a whole new mix file. So i leave my files loose

It may seem like a hastle but it stops this rather odd error and also gets drastically limits the chance of files become currupt (which i had a few)
ie. instead of SEEK2.vxl it becomes its hex address

thanks anyway, i think this is good advice to all modders (if your not already doing it)

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon