Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:28 pm
All times are UTC + 0
There's got to be an easier way...
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
FinalMoon
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 7:35 pm    Post subject:  There's got to be an easier way... Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm working on a lot of new infantry SHP's for my mod, and to make them I use MSPaint and then convert them with PSP... Well, I usually use an already existing unit as a basis to work on... but that's rather tedious, because I have to open that unit's SHP file in Will's SHP Editor and use print screen and copy and paste for every frame to put it in my workbench where I can turn it into my new unit. I realize that I can extract the SHP into a ton of PCX files, but that doesn't really improve the situation, as I have to open up all of those one at a time and copy and paste them onto my workbench. I've thought about just copying and pasting the viewing box in the XCC Mixer where it shows you all the frames of the infantry unit, but they're not in the standard square size. In the XCC Mixer, it just displays the rectangular area where there are non-transparent tiles. So, I ask you, does it matter what shape all of the frames are in? Does the unit have to be perfectly centered? Is there any easier way than copying out of Will's editor?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Guess what: GMAX is the solution or.. 3D Studio Max. Damn, I really have to write that tutorial...

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

FinalMoon
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

???

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

banshee thinks that gmax or 3d studios max is the best way to make new infantery unit Smile

FinalMoon
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm not much of a 3D guy myself, but I think I'm quite artistic with individual frames.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

in fact, the best way is to first use GMAX or 3D Studio Max and then, put the final details with the PSP Wink.

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon