Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:58 am
All times are UTC + 0
XCC PROBLEM?!!?
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [26 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Sk8erkid
INSANE

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 3:38 am    Post subject:  XCC PROBLEM?!!? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

arg..well i dont want to type this agin so i will just copy what i typed on XCC forums..

ok, This has happened ALOT to me lately, i have a new SHP made, in this recent case a building, and i have it in the right palette, and the PCX frames are named corectly (barracks 0000 - barracks 0005) when i try to convert(SHP (TS)) i get this... "Copy nodbarracks 0005 failed, error 1024: Bad filename. All files should have a name like "image ####.pcx" where #### is the zer" and it doesnt finish, but i have ALL OF THAT DONE CORRECTLY! then ill try to convert to just 'SHP' and i get "Copy nodbarracks 0005 failed, error 258" can anyone help

Tratos
General

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is 0005.pcx the last frame of the animation, if so check your XCC Utilities folder just in case it has made the SHP anyway cos sometimes it does.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

XCC Forums wrote:
> > PCX -> SHP (TS):
> > 256: Bad size. All images should have the same size.
> > 257: Bad color depth. Only 8-bit images are supported.
> > 258: Bad filename. All files should have a name like "image ####.pcx" where #### is the zero based index.

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Tratos
General

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Olaf van der Spek wrote:
You should only select the first PCX.

The DvD
TiberiumWeb.com Webmaster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I also have a XCC problem.... i have a 64 x 48 .pcx, 256 colors i want to convert to the .shp using cameo.pal.... so i do this but it doesn't generate the file! it just does nothing at all... no error message or whatever... i searched my harddrive for .shp files.... nothing that matches..

I installes all xcc dll.... i have all the right palettes...

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

which version?

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Th3 1NqU1$1ToR
Medic

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok. I wanna know how you convert the Ra2 Buildings to TS ones in XCC.
thanks.
#Mad #Mad #Mad #Mad #Mad Oops! Oops! Oops! Oops! Oops! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil #Fade in #Robot #Beammeup-alien #alien #Fadeing color

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

RA2 to TS buildings conversion

Step 1: XCC

- use the ra2 unitsno.pal in XCC, right click the file and extract it to some dir. Then, right click again (using the ra2 unitsno.pal) and convert it to .pcx.

Step 2: Paint Shop Pro

Open your .pcx file with PSP and convert it to 16 million colours. Then, you load the JASC version of TS unitsno.pal in your picture. Then, you save the .pcx file.

Final Step: The Return of XCC

Open XCC Mixer again and right click your edited .pcx file using the TS unitsno.pal and convert it to SHP(TS).

Note: There is a chance of you needing to resize the building. In this case, with XCC, right click the .shp file and select resize and resize it to 80%. But only do it if the original graphic looks too big in the game...

FAQ:

Q' : How do I convert it to 16 million colours in PSP?

A' : In the colours part of the menu, in one of the last options that I forgot the name. You will see a 16 million option... just set there...

Q' : How do I convert XCC palletes to JASC?[/b]

A' : Open your XCC Mixer and right click the pallete and click in "Convert to JASC" (something like that).

Q' : How do I load the JASC pallete in PSP?[/b]

A' : Also in the colours part of the menu, check for Load Pallete. Then, select your pallete to load there...

If you have any more doubts about it, post here.

Th3 1NqU1$1ToR
Medic

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hey. Put that in Lamemans terms next time...i'm only 14...... Oops! Oops! Oops! Oops! Oops! Oops! Oops! Oops! Oops! Oops! Oops! Oops! Oops! Oops! Oops! Oops! Oops!

One Of A Kind
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

stop it with the goddamn smilies already!!!!

Th3 1NqU1$1ToR
Medic

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

alright. Put it this way. Everytime i try to go to file or edit,view etc...the xcc mixer freezes.Heck i dont even know how to use it properly!

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So, you also suffer with the new mapping buffering for files... You have to use an older version of XCC that doesnt supports Generals. So, it's XCC 1.20 or worse...

But consider yourself lucky, because you can download it here Wink.

xcc_mixer 1,20.zip
 Description:
XCC Mixer 1.20

Download
 Filename:  xcc_mixer 1,20.zip
 Filesize:  620.88 KB
 Downloaded:  224 Time(s)

The DvD

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i don't use the new xcc, it crashes while scanning my hd for mix/big files... strange!... but the .pcx to .shp conversion for icons should be possible... everyone does it....

Tratos
General

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thedvd wrote:
i don't use the new xcc, it crashes while scanning my hd for mix/big files... strange!... but the .pcx to .shp conversion for icons should be possible... everyone does it....

Hold down shift when you double click the icon, it will disable the HD scan.

One Of A Kind
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i don;t have any problems but I think it might be because I'm on XP rather than 98

*crosses fingers that the XP-win98 debate doesn't start again*

The DvD

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thanks a lot, should save me some time when editing Smile Smile

Kravvitz
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

XCC Mixer 1.21 and 1.25 crash when they get to the 500 MB mix file in Renegade.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

They are all bugged with win98... I already asked for Olaf to make a version without that Mapping Buffering (or whatever it's called) or make an option that we could disable it in the registry. He said it was not possible...

The DvD

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes it still crashes here as holding down SHIFT doesn't stop scanning my HD... well then i'll use FinalBig to open the Generals .big files. And an older XCC Mixer is fine for TS/RA2

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Same here Sad

kopaka649
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

same

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2003 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I use win98 SE and DirectX 9 here, and you, guys?

kopaka649
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2003 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

win2k dx9

Kravvitz
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2003 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Win 98 SE! Very Happy

I'm not sure about DirectX, but it's probably 9.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Tapek

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2003 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

WinXP Pro SP2 DX9.1a

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2003 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

not you, Tapek... I'm asking for people who are having problems with XCC Mixer 1.21 or newer.
First off all, Tapek... spam at crap forum.

Second...it looks like that XCC tends to crash more in win98se systems. However, it also crashes in other systems for different reasons. If you have a huge file (+500 mb) in the starting dir and win XP, it might crash your system as well. And several other bugs related to that... will Olaf ever fix it?

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [26 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon