Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:44 am
All times are UTC + 0
Scaling
Moderators: stucuk
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
GeckoYamori
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 1:29 am    Post subject:  Scaling Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I want to scale down some RA2 voxels to TS size. I found my way to the Scale tab in the Voxel Header settings, but it looks rather complicated and I'm not sure what to do. It's supposed to be scaled down 50%, right? What exactly do I do?

MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Open your calculator. Open vxl header and go to misc and in the bounds min x, min y, and min z. are the numbers you’re going to change. now take the number that’s in min x and type it in the calculator and divided it by 50% and then type what you get there in min x. (make sure you have a (-) before that or some thing bad will happen.) and do the same thing for the y and z and hit apply I guess. (Not to sure if you have to. but I do.) And then save and than test it out and it should be 50% smaller

GeckoYamori
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm nope, that didn't do it.

GeckoYamori
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I tried changing the Scale field too, that did the trick. But now I got another problem:

badvoxels.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  31 KB
 Viewed:  11625 Time(s)

badvoxels.jpg

The DvD
TiberiumWeb.com Webmaster

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You'll have to adjust the turret's hva. But that's just because you resized it using the scale thing. You should've used Bounds, it DOES work, i think you just forgot to press apply..

GeckoYamori
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Can't find any Bounds. Maybe because I'm using verison 2.

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

in the scale section is the bounds, only the top bit that sais scale is the scale, the others are the bounds.

It works as follows,

Pick a size for X,Y,Z

Min X = 0- (SizeX divided by 2)
Max X = (SizeX divided by 2)

Min Y = 0- (SizeY divided by 2)
Max Y = (SizeY divided by 2)

Min Z = 0- (SizeZ divided by 2)
Max Z = (SizeZ divided by 2)

Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This may sound like a stupid question now, but if you divide x, y and z by 2 to get the min and max bounds, then why do some voxels have ridiculously long decimal places?

gamemate
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Because they don´t divide it by 2 and MinZ should not be calculated like that... it should be closer to 0 and the MaxZ should be closer to the max voxel height. This is only if you want the voxels to be similar to the original voxels, selection of the voxel ingame is effected by it (just to mention on of the things).

ruptioner 123454321

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yes lol, i have the same problem i amde my star wars like tie fighter a bit bigger and im unable to scale it down ( this is a different tie fighter under the name of tie seen on some voxel donwloading sites :p )

ruptioner 1234554321

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ok ive loaded up my voxel editor III and i have gone to header my min x,y,z are -35, -45, -45 and ive changed them to 17.5, 22.5, 22.5 and i clicked apply but nothing happned so i saved it then reloaded it back up but still no difference ? any help lol.

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There won't be any noticable difference in the editor. Its also better to use HVA Builder to do the bounds since u don't have to worry about the maths u can just type in the size you want and it calculates it.

ruptioner
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 9:45 am    Post subject: Were to is the... Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So how do we access the bounds from inside HVA Builder as i dont seem to be able to fidn them anywere lol

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum