Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:54 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Fixing the sound bug
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Morpher
General

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 3:17 pm    Post subject:  Fixing the sound bug Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Some people may have found that when they add new sounds to TS, they get a horrible error where after that sound has been triggered to play by the game, any other following sound will not play. TFADW had this error in its previous versions, and its possible that other modders out there may have had this problem as I encountered it myself and its is quite nasty indeed.

Basically aud files ( well most, I'm going from what I have seen in several mods ) are set at 22050 hz and 16 bit mono, with compression 63.

The problems I encountered were the aud files originally had a hz of 11025, as soon as the sound was meant to be played ingame that had that hz it caused the error, and no sounds would continue after that besides the music, sometimes occasionally a sound would get through. I also think there was an occasion where the compression was incorrect and this also caused the error.

How to fix it?

Well I fixed the problem I had by extracting the bugged sound as a wav, entering it into a programme ( in my case audacity ) and resaving it again.
The reconvert back to aud, and check if the sound has 22050 hz and 16 bit mono, with compression 63. I would reccomend extracting the sound file and see if you can resave it in a sound editing programme with the correct hz settings.

Key Words: #Tutorials #Modding #TiberianSun #Firestorm #XCCUtilities #XCCAUDWriter #Sounds 

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I thought it was part of the game, haveing lots of the same sound play can sound shite and lag the olden day comps.

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The problem is once the game plays a corrupted sound file like mentioned above no other sounds besides the music will play after the corrupted sound was played.

UltimoWOL
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I see, I go chenk on myself.
Cause I sure I added a Sound correctly, but wont play in game.
Thanks for the Discover Morpher.

Did you ever stop to notice?
The crying Earth the weeping shores.
What have we done to the world?
Look what we've done!
What about all the PEACE?

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon