Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:04 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Making a non-capturable building, capturable in FA2:YR
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Full Metal Samurai
Civilian

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:04 am    Post subject:  Making a non-capturable building, capturable in FA2:YR Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

(At the risk of sounding like a total noob)

Like the Cloning Vats for example, how do you do it?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account AIM Address
m666
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

FIRST:  Make sure that your FA2: YR is not in easy mode.

SECOND:  Go to Edit, InI Editing.  Make sure you have rules(md).ini somewhere where you can import it in.

THIRD:  END>>> There are other ways, but this is what I would use.  Everyone else here will suggest using the notepad (holy notepad!).  Use whatever you wanna.

View user's profile Send private message Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Vincent93
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Modder_of_the_Year wrote:
FIRST:  Make sure that your FA2: YR is not in easy mode.

SECOND:  Go to Edit, InI Editing.  Make sure you have rules(md).ini somewhere where you can import it in.

THIRD:  END>>> There are other ways, but this is what I would use.  Everyone else here will suggest using the notepad (holy notepad!).  Use whatever you wanna.

no the FinalAlert 2 YR INI editor is bad, use Notpad...i do not know the exact method does anyone else?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Sir Modsalot
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If the map itself was created using Notepad or Wordpad, then simply open up the map, then put the following in the text file:

[NACLON]
Capturable=true

If the map wasn't created with Notepad or Wordpad, then you can either use Modder_of_the_Year's method, but if you don't want to, you can always use direct INI editing and change the Capturable= value in the rules/md.ini file. Hope this helps.

[quote="DCoder"]There is no sanity left in this thread.[/quote]

John Galt
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Never ever use FA2 INI Editor. Ever. Vincent's advice is the best way.

Quote:
If the map wasn't created with Notepad or Wordpad

What? I think I can safely say that nobody* creates maps in notepad... Besides, all maps are openable in notepad.

* Well, I write everything except [IsoMappack5], [OverlayPack], [OverlayDataPack] , in Notepad. But I'm a madman, so I don't count. Laughing

Full Metal Samurai
Civilian

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cool, thanks guys.

All I need to know now, is what the code is for the Industrial Plant and the Ore Purfier.

Like NACLON is for the Cloning Vats.

You needn't actually tell me, you can simply tell me how to find out myself Smile

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account AIM Address
John Galt
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Place it in FA2, hover mouse over it, look at lower left corner of the statusbar.

gog
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sir Modsalot wrote:
If the map itself was created using Notepad or Wordpad, then simply open up the map, then put the following in the text file:

[NACLON]
Capturable=true

If the map wasn't created with Notepad or Wordpad, then you can either use Modder_of_the_Year's method, but if you don't want to, you can always use direct INI editing and change the Capturable= value in the rules/md.ini file. Hope this helps.

[NAMISL]
Capturable=true

i pasted that in exactly, and it worked XD (being able to capture nuke)

Beowulf
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Congratulations? Neutral

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account AIM Address
gog
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

my map wasn't created with notepad or wordpad, but it worked anyway

Oshog
General

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Then whit what did you do it? (not TibEd or something like that...)

gog
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well i didn't create the map in notepad, but i then opend it with word pad =D

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon