Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:48 am
All times are UTC + 0
New Units (pics)
Moderators: Yurisarmy
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [20 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
EVA-251
General

Also Known As: evanb90

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 2:34 am    Post subject:  New Units (pics) Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

T-54:
In the Cold War:
The 1950s Russian "heavy" tank. Actually it is a MBT.
Sees service throughout all decades, not in all battles tho.

M-48 Patton
In the Cold War:
The 1950s NATO "heavy" tank. Actually a Medium Tank.
Sees service in 50's, excluding Korea, 60's in Vietnam, and 70's. Middle East conflicts as well.

Katyusha Rocket:
In the Cold War:
1950's USSR extra unit. Fires 12 rocket salvo, very very slow reload rate. Inaccurate, but highly lethal to all ground based equipment and units. Newer versions see service throughout the war.

As you can see, size issues are of a difficulty, and normalization is also iffy.

Does anybody know what settings are good for designing voxels from 3-d models? We could use someone like that on the team. Smile

However, my M-48 Patton texture is looking good, in detail, and is recolor capable.

The3.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  360.88 KB
 Viewed:  8597 Time(s)

The3.PNG

Mr. Pokey
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There don't appear to enough rockets on the back of the Katyusha #Tongue The cameo shows that the rocket tubes spread out much wider Wink
Oh, and the cannon on the T-54 look weird :S

Organised Rules.ini by Judeau

Zodiac
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Really impressive good work!

Tovarich.Slavick
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mr. Pokey wrote:
There don't appear to enough rockets on the back of the Katyusha #Tongue The cameo shows that the rocket tubes spread out much wider Wink
Oh, and the cannon on the T-54 look weird :S

because the model i made and the voxels made from is a bm21 wich has a box of 40 tubes the cameo is a pic of a bm 13 or 14 wich had long metal guides used to well guide the rocket to a higer angle.
the t54 has that extrange fire and gas suppresor in a different colour its not the vxl at all its the real life tank wich has a kinda yellow dust barrel on the barrel but in the cameo its barely seen.

hey those bm look awesome!!!!! men like a heart attack to my eyes jeje Surprised Surprised Surprised why they look like rendered on the game what didi you do on them because i remake them and have the finall HQ versions. but those look like gods beuty Very Happy

EVA-251
General

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Could you design a BM-13/14? The 50's version of the Katyusha type rocket?

Lee
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Woah, nice. Good work Smile

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You KNOW the Katyusha's rack lifts up? and the missiles all fire up simultaneously...so, I suggest huijacking the Dreadnought/v3/whatever logic for the Katy.

BTW, I'll send you Katyusha later.

Elerium-155
Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looking back at the quality of work between here and Star Strike I say that you have GREATLY improved to the ranks of god-modding #Tongue This is one of the mods which I will await with glee.

EVA-251
General

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, the idea of having a Katyusha style unit firing 12 rockets of Dreadnaught style is something that is quite insane...But again, if I remember, I will test that.

And I like to think my Star Strike modding work is good. It is as simple as I open up VXLSE III, and put the texture as a bitmap, open it up in paint, and skin the vehicles. My SS vehicles just lack detail, and nobody ever points out the flaws with them.

Tovarich.Slavick
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well yes as i wrote on my to do list ill make everything wich was written there so yes there will be all versions of weap of Katya. the physics used is somethins i have to give to eva so he can test how that sounds. as you know we cant have a katya firing 40 missiles that hit like a dread even if the speed was set to be low it would be more than insane it'd be loco! so the missiles depending the WH fire ap or he will have not so much fire power just enough to vast kill inf, blow to hell light and med tanks and do lot of damage to heavy tanks even the heavy tanks arent design to sustain a 132mm rocket so theres like 2 to 4 secs between every missile is launched as a delay.
for my list im still having trouble with the textures iv lost all of the mapping coordinates they just got KIA or MIA and im using that mapper of Max and well getting used to it is not easy. but i think ill be having more than 5 commie units for these days

Dubzac
Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Katyusha is a nice rocket truck kicks butt in Bf1942 your version eva-251 is queit good looks like any other RA2 unit well done Very Happy

EVA-251
General

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, I did not make the BM-21. Russian vehicles besides the T-34 were made by Tovarich.

Tovarich- Ingame, the Katyusha fires 12 rockets, each doing 130 damage, spreading a maximum inaccuracy of 3 cells, with 3 cell spread damage.
The reload rate is around 12 seconds (ROF of 180).
Damage is extreme to slow moving units and vehicles, but I found that Allied IFVs and Grizzly Tanks could evade the rockets.

Tovarich.Slavick
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ok but thats only to a bm13 or 14 not for that, that one's a bm21 carrys 40 rakietas of 132mm AP HE I(incendiary)
so make every rakieta be launched in a value between 3 or 5 secs no more even 4 is good i think for the damage cell it depends lets use HE, AP and I were used in some kinda weird odd re locaso y pirado war of course there can be more versions for some missions but HE is the most widespread. Damage cell 3 to 5 were in 5 only 1 to 10% of damage in light and med inf killed always. heavy tanks get to 80% of damage when right hit and for explotion 50% something like that. Remember it was for massive strike hits to great amount of armored targets.

Dubzac
Commander

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tovarich.Slavick well not 135mm diameters its only 35mm diameter ive seen one in real life the rocket are not that big sorry and most versions only carry 20 rockects unless its a version E or G cold war models lacked E- G the biggest is BM-14E very rare model indeed that has rockects at 100mm in diameter not 135mm

sorry to bust your bubble but i was in the airforce dude so i know these things.....35mm diameter is very big the rockects are over a meter in lenght howerver older versions used the 500mm because of range

Tovarich.Slavick
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yea well i was wondering if youd like to check that out with Russian's profile. Just for shure there where lots of kinds of missiles used and designed and if not carrying 40 then why the modern launcher designed on a t72 has more than 80 holes? ou yes those are for cooking meat. Aren't they? anyways if i see that a russian page says that it must be that way.
*yes perhaps you move bad the numbers and measures, in the system we use here 35mm are just 3.5cm, so no more than a two fingers? and 135mm are well larger value. its insane to think that the bm launched scud size missiles.
so post good things

EVA-251
General

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just to point this out, I believe that in a large scale conflict
1: Soviets would use large caliber rockets
From Wikipedia: "The 82mm BM-8 and 132mm BM-13 "
From Another Site: "The BM-21 entered service in 1964 as a replacement for the 140-mm (16- and 17-round) BM-14 rocket launchers, and is now the most widely used truck-mounted rocket launcher in the Warsaw Pact forces"

Tovarich, having a spread of 5 cells is far to unbalanced. This would mean that no matter what the inaccuracy, it would be guaranteed to about 80% kill its target, something that would never happen in real life. The rocket is supposed to be slow and avoidable, not godly and all powerful.

Balance is also somethign this made is aiming towards.

Dubzac
Commander

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

errrr sorry Tovarich.Slavick ............

12 missiles lauch every 5 nano seconds thats enough to empty the hole 80 missiles racks real fast that why they have so many missiles personaly war is for cowards ...ive been in the millitry my self its hard to beleave but it very ture indeed yes tanks are not my field but is nice to know don't ya think

form know on i woun't post here in this topic ....ok since i think you all ready seen to be on top of things here.......good luck

Tovarich.Slavick
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

its not that point. post but post with common sense if we get error and bad things we at least me say "ou im wrong sorry" but when im sure of something and when its my favourite thing je. again post, if you criticise then try it to be constructive. thats good when someone says things just to improve thats how the sys sould work so the mod becomes of everyones enjoyment and happines.

for damage and other stuff yes i know always remember eva that i dont test i just give numbers ejje if i would test then i could give you the "posta posta chucha chucha" and get better things. mmm yes missiles were a lot used to be shure they always hit something let say somth.
lights- 100% avoidable
meds- 60%? /80%
hevs- 20%? /30%
inf- 0%
that means how much chance of avoiding the rakieta rain from more light and fast which avoids almost all from heavys which avoids not all of them. anyways just test until i prepare well the ra folder for test ill keep up with number jejeje.

EVA-251
General

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here is Katyushas current weapon settings:

[KatyushaRocket]
Damage=125
ROF=185
Range=35
Burst=12
MinimumRange=11
Report=BlackEagleAttack
Projectile=KatyushaProj
Warhead=ROCKETHE
Anim=GUNFIRE
Lobber=yes
Speed=30

[KatyushaRocketE]
Damage=130
ROF=175
Range=38
Burst=12
MinimumRange=11
Report=BlackEagleAttack
Projectile=KatyushaProj
Warhead=ROCKETHE
Anim=GUNFIRE
Lobber=yes
Speed=30

[KatyushaProj]
Image=MISLSAM
AA=no ;Missiles do not lock in, so no point.
AG=yes
Shadow=yes
Ranged=yes ; Not homing, but ranged -- check fuse, explode if near target coords
Inaccurate=yes ; Bullets do not snap onto targets when "close enough".
FlakScatter=yes ; This weapon scatters its shots.
SubjectToCliffs=no
SubjectToElevation=yes
High=yes
VeryHigh=yes
SubjectToWalls=no
Arcing=true
Acceleration=1

[ROCKETHE]
CellSpread=3.0
PercentAtMax=0.10
;Verses=150%,120%,100%,100%,100%,0%,35%,32%,8%,0%,20%
;IN ACCORDANCE WITH CW RULES FOR ALL BASIC COMBAT MODES NOT INCLUDING ALL FRONTS
Verses=80%,80%,80%,120%,100%,100%,32%,35%,8%,100%,100%
;IN ACCORDANCE WITH RA2 RULES FOR SIMULATION
Wall=yes
Wood=yes
Conventional=yes
Rocker=yes
InfDeath=2
AnimList=XGRYSML1,XGRYSML2,EXPLOSML,XGRYMED1,XGRYMED2,EXPLOMED,EXPLOLRG,TWLT070,TWLT100

Tovarich.Slavick
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

great but dont post here this codes... you know leechers are always wondering around for a nice made code ill need all the units so i can make fair battles at least one modern and old amercan/ussr unit you made plus bms

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [20 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon