Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:45 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Keyboard shortcuts & a few other things
Moderators: stucuk
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 2:18 pm    Post subject:  Keyboard shortcuts & a few other things Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I’m running v1.2c & don’t know if that’s the latest version or if these problems have been fixed. If they have then feel free to flame me & point me in the direction of the latest d/l Wink

First off is the lack of any keyboard shortcuts, it really pisses me off that I have to use the mouse to select each tool & move the viewer though each axis. Will’s editor & VXLSE 1 & 2 all had keyboard shortcuts, with out them it feels like I’m working at a snails pace.

I cant believe that no one has noticed that the XYZ are in the wrong order, in both the slide bars in the menu & the header. Well I know that they are not universally set letters & you could use anything you want but again every other editor has had them in the same order so it’s really confusing that they are different in VXLSEIII.

Normally X would be front-back, Y left-right & Z top-bottom. In VXLSEIII tho they are set as: X left-right, Y top-bottom & Z front-back.

I think this has been mentioned before but the remove redundant voxels tool removes more voxels then is healthy & it can lead to visible gaps showing ingame, the one in VXLSEII worked perfectly tho.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
SMT
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Umm the XYZ thing that you said is.... well.... WRONG. X is left and right, Y is up and
down. and Z is depth........... Like a graph......

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well that maybe true but the four other vxl editors that are available in the community all use X front-back, Y left-right & Z top-bottom. So for the sake of cross compatibility it would be better to use that as well.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
christophski the great
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

not really, for the sake of being correct and not misguiding people its best if its kept the way it is

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I guess I’m just annoyed that I’ve been using the same configuration for 6 years then I start using VXLSEIII & it confuses the hell out of me.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Keyboard shortcuts & a few other things Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mig Eater wrote:
I’m running v1.2c & don’t know if that’s the latest version or if these problems have been fixed. If they have then feel free to flame me & point me in the direction of the latest d/l Wink

First off is the lack of any keyboard shortcuts, it really pisses me off that I have to use the mouse to select each tool & move the viewer though each axis. Will’s editor & VXLSE 1 & 2 all had keyboard shortcuts, with out them it feels like I’m working at a snails pace.

- I'll check the ones used by VXLSE II and apply them in the next version.

Quote:
I cant believe that no one has noticed that the XYZ are in the wrong order, in both the slide bars in the menu & the header. Well I know that they are not universally set letters & you could use anything you want but again every other editor has had them in the same order so it’s really confusing that they are different in VXLSEIII.

Normally X would be front-back, Y left-right & Z top-bottom. In VXLSEIII tho they are set as: X left-right, Y top-bottom & Z front-back.

- Stucuk change it propositally, because this new way is compatible with OpenGL coordinates and also more correct if you look at the point of view of the image of your eyes.

Quote:
I think this has been mentioned before but the remove redundant voxels tool removes more voxels then is healthy & it can lead to visible gaps showing ingame, the one in VXLSEII worked perfectly tho.

- I'm aware that this tool needs fix. Future versions will have it reworked.

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

k, me happy Smile

k212
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

btw, for the shortcuts, I have an idea, it's not a big difference, but it makes you work a little faster :

it would be nice if you could select what you want to do with each mouse button, for example :

set the left button at drawing and the right button at deleting, (the right one changeable or both) , cuz sometimes it's annoying if you miss draw something you have to change tools and then back ,andso, cuz if you do more stuff before you notice, you can't use the undo function, or you would be deleting new stuff too

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:40 am    Post subject: Re: Keyboard shortcuts & a few other things Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:

- Stucuk change it propositally, because this new way is compatible with OpenGL coordinates and also more correct if you look at the point of view of the image of your eyes.

I Fixed it.

In 2D you have X as Width and Y as Height. 3D adds 1 more dimention, Z. You don't go changing all the letters just cos u added one more dimention. The problem with people is that they think that 2d is like a bit of paper on a desk, then u have Z as the height, its logical right? No. The naming of the other axis's in 2d tells you that Y is height and X is width.

In anything that matters (i.e Maths) Z is Depth.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum