Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:25 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Battlefield: Earth
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:01 am    Post subject:  Battlefield: Earth
Subject description: In the midst of a Scrin Invasion, the Brotherhood reigns supreme... but not for long. It's all war!
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Please note that this is MY continuation of my storyline at Operation Kicktorch.

<>--------------------------------------------------------<>

[Global Command on board the Hercules]: This is Hercules X-125 to Recon Outpost. I've got massive radar signatures here. Hundreds of them. They seem to be... holy hell. Some of these things are SEVERAL KILOMETRES LONG!

[Helios Recon Station RO-7839, Earth Orbit]: This is Helios Recon Station, Earth Command. Do you have a visual on them?

[Global Command]: Negative. Sensors show them as Scrin.

[RO-7839]: Dear god... Alert everyone... It's our worst fear confirmed... Contact Helios Command. We are going to need all the help we can get. ETA?

[Global Command]: Six hours.

[RO-7839]*switches to global command channel (all radios hear it)* This is Helios Command Outpost Seven-eight-three-nine. I am ordering a cease-fire between all factions. You are to return to your bases Immediately. The Scrin have launched a massive invasion on this planet. You will have to hold out on your own for several hours before reinforcements can arrive. I anticipate many casualties if you dont bunker down and prepare yourselves for this. You have six hours until the invasion fleet arrives, and approximately eight hours until reinforcements arrive.

[Global Command]: .. Get on the line with Spoor. We are going to need the First Emperial Fleet.

<>------------------------------------<>

--6 Hours later--

[McNiel]: All GDI Orca Class aircraft are to report to the Phoenix Airfield.

[Slavic]: *turns to worldwide command* Do not underestimate the Scrin. Intel reports that thier fighters are very agile and will not hesitate to destroy you. I will not tolerate failure, and neither do they. All brotherhood aircraft are to regroup with the GDI aircraft at the Phoenix Airfield. *switches to brotherhood command* Cybernetic units... stand by. you have your orders.

<>----------------------------------<>

1500 KM above earth's surface.

*the Hercules Orbital Defense Station is standing by to fire on the Scrin craft upon their exit of Hyperspace. Several Space-modified Banshees and hundreds of Orca Fighters surrounded the massive Defense station. The Philidephia had been safely landed in a large bunker in Cairo, Egypt. The Brotherhood of NOD conveniently revealed their stealth Space-Based Weapon, TYRADOS IV. It has Tiberium-Enhanced Missile batteries, Long Range Laser Systems, and a 2.5m Wave Cannon. Slavic made Tyrados IV his central command. It united the brotherhood under one leader.. himself.*

[McNiel, aboard the Hercules]: Hyperspace Signatures detected. Charge all weapons!

[Slavic]: Arm Missile Batteries. Stand by to fire.

*the huge turbines on the Hercules began to rotate. A few kilometres away, a bright flash of light was shortly followed by a massive blue and grey spacecraft. Several more flashes of light and more ships dropped from Hyperspace. Second later, the Hercules fired it's batteries, and then it's Ion Cannon. The cannon was a continuous one, thanks to the generators. It sliced thru the largest of the craft like butter. The alien ship began to fall towards the planet's surface. It was headed towards the Canary Islands. The rest of the Scrin craft began to fire on the Hercules and Tyrados. A Scrin Carrier launched thousands of dart-like fighters. They swarmed towards the planet's surface.*

[Slavic]: Open fire. Do not let those larger craft reach the surfaces.

*outside, alarms sounded as large missile bay doors opened on the Tyrados. Two ICBM's launched out, abrubtply turned, and headed towards their targets, then suddenly went invisable, thanks to miniature cloaking devices on board. The 2.5m wave cannon began charging. Just before it fired, there was a massive explosion outside the Hercules. It's shield was up, as it's Ion Cannon was no longer active. The barrel was warped after a scrin fighter had suicided into it. Tiberium Shards went everywhere as the shield deflected the explosion.*

[McNiel]: What the bloody hell?! Slavic! What are you doing?!

[Slavic]: Tiberium is our future! THE SCRIN ARE OUR FUTURE! *switches to brotherhood command channel* Execute Order 666. Attack!

*The Tyrados turns and fires it's 2.5m wave cannon at the Hercules, slicing thru the shields and decimating the station. It exploded in a violent fireball. The explosion took out all surrounding craft, except the banshees, who were shielded. Massive parts of the hercules began to fall towards the atmostphere, burning a bright orange and green as it fell.*

<>---------------------------------------<>

Cairo, Egypt
Philidelphia Bunker

*A Massive explosion rocked the bay doors of the bunker. They collapesed, crashing into the Philidelphia. The heavy doors slid off the station and fell down, crushing everything below them. A missile uncloaked and shot in thru the open bay doors. It smashed into the top of the Philidelphia, sending Tiberium Shards, Fauna, and gas everywhere. The space station exploded downwards in layers. Those that weren't killed in the fireball were mutated beyond recognition from the gas and fauna. Cairo was now a mutated wasteland.*

<>----------------------------------<>

Phoenix, Arizona
GDI Phoenix Airbase

*Several Oddyssee class Spectre Bombers took off, as well as hundreds of Harpy's, Banshees, and prototype Nod Aircraft. Just as the orca's shot off in the distance to meet the closing scrin fighters, the Brotherhood craft did a 180 and fired upon the airfield. They tried to activate their Firestorm Defense, but it was too late. All of the aircraft were over the airfield, and began do bombard it. Ten minutes later, A Brotherhood Mobile Command Centre had been deployed, the firestorm defense was offline, and the Scrin craft were landing on the runways, the damaged ones assisted by Brotherhood craft. They had torn thru the Orcas like paper. A Dozen or so Spectres, several Scrin fighters, and three Brotherhood Protoype Eclypse fighters patrolled the base. Within the hour, a fully operating production base was running for the brotherhood. Phoenix was thiers.

All over the world, GDI Bases were falling to invasions. The brotherhood launched a strike at GDI, assisted by the Scrin, on a world wide scale. Within two hours, 3/4 of all GDI forces were decimated, and the rest were on the run or hidden. With the Philidelphia, Hercules, Phoenix, and Hammerfest gone... the Global Defense Initiative was in ruins, and the Brotherhood reigned supreme.*

<>-----------------------------------<>

1500 KB above Earth.

*Hundreds of Scrin craft were patrolling the orbit of Earth. Periodically, one of the battlecruisers would begin to bombard a GDI base here or there. The Scrin may have had the assistance of the brotherhood, but thier plans were about to change... drastically.*

to be continued

This is MY fanfic... not community. I'll take suggestions on MSN.. maybe.. but i've got something in mind on how i want this to go.

COMMENTS PLZ!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Judeau
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well, that was ........interesting.
it hardly has any true backstory, and you haven't thought a lot of things through.
First of all, how would GDI or NOD know if the scrin are hostile, or have any true information oon their equipment*i don't think a single scout ship would reveal this*
How would NOD and the Scrin have communicated?
Why would GDI suddenly trust NOD entirely, i sure as hell wouldn't leave all my assets lying around, ready to be destroyed.
The firestorm also can be activated at a moment's notice.

it's fairly well written, but please, think it all through.

Arikado
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Not bad.
I'd have to echo Judeau's comments as there isn't a backstory or foundation to back a GDI and Nod truce.. if that is what it was in your fandom story. Maybe a prequel of sorts is required?

Your writing style is a bit iffy. Action descripters for characters are written in present-tense while the regular action descriptions are written in past-tense. I know it's written as a quasi-script but there has to be some cohesion and balance.

The title leaves something to be desired as images of that disgusting John Travolta movie bearing the same name (Battlefield Earth) spring to mind. Maybe change it to something less generic.

Edit: This always happens; it's like a disease. Sad

Battlefield Kane.png
 Description:
Now with 75% less Scientology.
 Filesize:  549.47 KB
 Viewed:  959 Time(s)

Battlefield Kane.png

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon