Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:27 am
All times are UTC + 0
FS Raven Night [2]
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

What do you think of my first map?
Its good, keep mapping Raven!
75%
 75%  [ 3 ]
Meh, its ok, you need a lot of improvement.
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
It sucks, stop mapping now before we kill you.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

The Raven
Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 1:29 am    Post subject:  FS Raven Night [2]
Subject description: My 1st map
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey guys, this is my first map. I posted a version of this on tumsun a few weeks ago, but this should be a totally bug free version. Anyways, this is a small two player map with not much in between you and your enemy, and lots of tiberium as well. I basically made it with quick beatdown matches in mind, basically whoever has the bigger army will proably win. As i said this is my first map, so constructive critism is welcome.

city area, with minimap.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  179.85 KB
 Viewed:  5373 Time(s)

city area, with minimap.JPG

1small mutant outpost.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  52.35 KB
 Viewed:  5375 Time(s)

1small mutant outpost.JPG

fs raven night.rar
 Description:
the map (bug free version)

Download
 Filename:  fs raven night.rar
 Filesize:  81.42 KB
 Downloaded:  339 Time(s)

Last edited by The Raven on Sat Aug 26, 2006 6:38 pm; edited 3 times in total

View user's profile Send private message Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

before rewieving, why must every, EVERY newcomer say :

"Omg, this is my first work, you must like it, if you don't, you must ban me, and kill me cause I'm no use. Buhuuu..."

Stop being such whiners, of course people's first works usualy ain't so good, if they're, you have a gift.

OK, now to the map:

Graphic work:

Nice work. I actualy like it. It has plenty of Tiberium to harvest, like you mentioned. It also has overall a nice desing, simple, but nice. I, personaly, would have enjoyed if there were more cliffs. The cities are planned nice, the buildings have a needed space between them.

You do know, that everywhere you put the blue line in the top, the game makes the area within four cells below it insuperable. That's why you should either heighten the map, or move the outposts a bit southern, cause you can't touch, for example, the truck nor the ammo piles, or the abandoned buildings north-east.

Ingame:

I couldn't test it ingame, I get internal error, but I'm not sure if it is your map, or my mod...

The Raven
Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for the feedback, and yes, it is fairly simple, but i didn't want to get overly complex with my first map. As far as the insuperable area, i didn't realize that it would be so far down untill i got it ingame, i was going to fix it, but then school started and i've been really busy ever since, so i might fix it, or i might just start on my next map. As far as the errors are concerned, i didnt test it with any mods, so that could be the problem, or there might still be one or two cliff errors, i'll have to reinstall ts to find out.

EDit: Accidentally posted an old version, thats why it crashed. the problem has been fixed and the new version has replaced the old one in my first post.

View user's profile Send private message Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon