Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:32 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Any updates?
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
D
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:27 pm    Post subject:  Any updates?
Subject description: lol
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, it seems to be just under three years since the last post in this forum lol, but is there any chance of a small update on just enabling more AI on this map? or perhaps just tell me how to do it myself.

Thanks.

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yea thata a good thought, this map is great and needs soe more AI.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Download the latest beta. It's all done by triggers. AI Player 1 works fine. The other players weren't implemented properly. I'm now looking at the code I did... it's not very easy to understand and, honestly, I don't remember anymore how did I worked it out.

D
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well i manged to enable the second AI (Blue) by copy and pasting the triggers and changing everything marked with AI Player 1 to 2 etc, but with two AIs it seem weird. Embarassed

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You may need to do minor changes in the places that it builds... and maybe the direction that it builds... although Blue is in the center, while player red is in the left side.

D
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have sorted out where the AI builds, but still have the problem of only one AI working at the same time. Only the latest AI builds a builder. :/

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Make sure you set the variables properly inside certain arrays as I told you on MSN. Once you have something functional, post it here and we'll test it on Battle.Net.

D
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have changed all the arrays like you said, but still no luck.

I think i have found the problem; In the Initialization scripts for each AI the is the Following action;

Quote:
Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by (Player(AIPlayer)) of type AIBaseBuilding(AIPlayer)) and do (Unit - Order (Picked unit) to train/upgrade to a AIBuilder(AIPlayer)

Since this action is in the Triggers twice, once for if the AI is alone, and again if its not alone, i disabled both in AI Player 2 Initialization, saved the map and went to test the map playing against the first two AIs.

Now, what was interesting was that nothing seem to change, the first AI still sat there with no builder, but the second AI still managed to build one without the trigger telling it to do so.

So i quit the game and "tried" to make the same action for AI 1 only for AI 1 by chanhing "AIPlayer" to "Player 1 (Red)". Now when i went ingame to test this out, niether of the AI built any builders, so this is why i think this action is the problem.

If there are 2 or more AIs on a team, the latest one uses the action from the first AIs trigger, but me being completley new to this type of modding, i have no idea to fix it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon