Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:23 am
All times are UTC + 0
Command & Conquer 3: Nod Buildings.
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [33 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:33 pm    Post subject:  Command & Conquer 3: Nod Buildings.
Subject description: Content by Alex06, aditional credits to C&C Infiltration (cnc-i.net)
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Construction Yard

The Construction Yard is required to build other buildings in a limited area. Upgrades can be purchased to allow the construction of multiple buildings at the same time. You'll be able to have multiples construction yards by buying MCVs and deploying them.

Power Plant

The Power Plant provides power for your base's structures. It is currently unknown as to whether or not there will be upgrades to produce additional power or an advanced version of the Power Plant as in Tiberian Sun.

Tiberium Refinery

The Tiberium Refinery allows for the harvesting of Tiberium. One Harvester is deployed when a Tiberium Refinery is constructed and it allows the production of additional Harvesters from the War Factory.

Tiberium Silo

The Tiberium Silo stores unrefined Tiberium for processing. It is unknown if they will spill the contained Tiberium when destroyed as in Tiberian Sun. The gas coming out of the Silo is due to the Tiberium not being refined, thus it produces gas. (sfx)

Obelisk of Light

The Obelisk of Light returns as Nod's primary defensive structure. It is unknown if it can target air units as it did in Renegade.

War Factory

The War Factory allows the production of vehicles. Units can be built from each additional War Factory just like in Generals.

Radar Center

The Radar Center allows you to see the mini-map with units and structures. It can also trick the enemy’s radar.

Airfield

The Airfield allows the production of the Vertigo Bat Bomber. It seems this building can be upgraded with two more landing pads. (It starts with two landing pads at first)

Tech Center

The Tech Center allows you to research and/or purchase upgrades for vehicles. Presumably it also opens up the production of higher tech level vehicles.

Armory

The Armory allows you to research and/or purchase upgrades for infantry and it can also heal infantry. Presumably it also opens up the production of higher tech level infantry.

Purifier

While this building seems like it could be very well the same thing as the Allied Ore Purifier from Red Alert 2, it could also be the Nod armory, the Tiberium Silo, a Tiberium Power Plant (Reactor) or even a building that gives out money from time to time. The name “Purifier” is but pure speculation, this building’s real name and purpose still remains unknown at the moment.

Temple of Nod

While there have been no sightings or news of this iconic structure from past games it is a safe bet it will return in one form or another.

Stealth Generator

While there have been no sightings or news of this iconic structure from past games it is a safe bet it will return in one form or another.

Missile Silo

This is the Nod superweapon; it can launch nuclear missiles on any place on the map. The nuke is told to be very devastative.

Note: This section was written and donated by Alex06, and it was oiginally written for C&C: Infiltration. Check the comments for further info on credits.

Last edited by Banshee on Sun Aug 27, 2006 4:05 pm; edited 2 times in total

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here's the detailed information on the credits of this section:

(just posting this to avoid any trouble)

MSN log between Alex06 and Banshee wrote:
Alexander (Alex06) says:
If you can ever upload it somewhere, I'd be very thankful

Alexander (Alex06) says:
Smile

Banshee says:
Hmmm... I can upload it in PPM... or I can separate it in GDI Units, GDI Buildings, Nod Units and Nod Buildings and make a special section for C&C 3 at PPM... what do you think?

Alexander (Alex06) says:
Sure!

Alexander (Alex06) says:
However, be sure to credit CNC-I;net

Alexander (Alex06) says:
CNC Infiltration

Alexander (Alex06) says:
because I was making it originally for them and I also got some info from them to

Alexander (Alex06) says:
And yeah, post this up on PPM!

Banshee says:
I'll do it

Alexander (Alex06) says:
alright, thanks

Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee, that picture you used for the War Factory is the Construction Yard. The other one that I provided with the War Factory IS the war factory. (you can see some barrels on it's side)

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

On your document, both were two Nod war factories. So, yea, I was confused. But now it's sorted.

Last edited by Banshee on Fri Aug 25, 2006 8:35 pm; edited 2 times in total

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The image for the War Factory is.. uh.. impressive..? Nice blurry barrels?

Also, why would they have 2 helipads? / Helipad + Airfield? Both air units are VTOL, so its not as if a Runway would be needed for one of them?

I look at the first and I see a Repair Bay more than anything, but I could be wrong.

A nice collection of info and images though, well done.

Mr. Pokey
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for that, I had no idea what most of the uildings actually were :S

I'd rather that the Nuke was launched from the Temple of Nod than a missile silo. And that the Temple was really hard to kill.

Organised Rules.ini by Judeau

Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Muldrake wrote:
The image for the War Factory is.. uh.. impressive..? Nice blurry barrels?

Also, why would they have 2 helipads? / Helipad + Airfield? Both air units are VTOL, so its not as if a Runway would be needed for one of them?

I look at the first and I see a Repair Bay more than anything, but I could be wrong.

A nice collection of info and images though, well done.

That's what I thought too at first, but Junker (check planetcnc) confirmed from Leipzig that it's the helipad. Also, it was the only part in the only pic of the warfactory that is existing at the moment, if I get a better pic, I'll tell Bansh to use that one instead.

And it was a pleasure, Pokey. Very Happy

EDIT: If you see those more grey-ish Nod buildings, it's because I took the picture from the video when Jim was attacking Apoc's buildings, and you could see the buildings much better when they were clicked on, else you would just see black shadows.

EDIT2: I saw it with MY OWN EYES! Flame tank coming out of the supposed-to-be helipad. IT'S NOT a Helipad, that's the Nod warfactory! (Just as I thought at first! D:}) Mike even said "you can see the vehicle factory" and he mentionned every building (he only pointed and clearly showed the Airfield though) without describing which was what, but you could see it easily, we already know every other building except the Nod nuclear silo, Temple and Stealth Generator. And it couldn't be the Nod silo, Mike didn't mention and Jim didn't have any tech center. It also cannot be the repair bay, Mike Verdu didn't mention no repair bay either. (although the vehicle factory itself can repair damaged vehicles)

Cadre
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I take back everything I said, this can be the new Nod. They totally own!

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

With the Nod Radar Center, its said in the latest movie that its an "Outpost Centre" and that its similar to his GDI "Tech Centre", which in itself was the old Armoury...

friday-13th
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

those Nod structues make me wonder"if i were a new person to this game,i would think the Nod are organic alienic creature",becasue the design of the structure look freeky.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
reborn23
Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 9:22 pm    Post subject: In Correct at the top of the whole PAGE Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the first structure ever seen!! Very Happy

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It was originally wrong in the first post, but I've fixed that today.

Red Dragon
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The look cool, but it's stil not NOD, if you understand me... Confused Maybe they got this shape from the scrin?

_->TF:ADW mod player<-_
Red Dragon

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

They are Nodish for me... the exception is the Tech Center that definitelly looks like to not belong to this world...

friday-13th
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the tech center and the armory give away all the allianonic style.it creeps me out the fact that the tech center looks like a huge red viscord. Shocked

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
Cadre
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

These buildings were based strictly on the fact that Nod is a religion. If you look at the Tiberian Dawn's Temple of Nod you will see a slight connection. And considering the Scrin are gods to the Brotherhood I don't see how they would not use similar architecture.

Siberian GRemlin
Grenadier

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cadre wrote:
If you look at the Tiberian Dawn's Temple of Nod you will see a slight connection.

Look at Temple in TS and other architecture in TS!
Design of units and structures in TW is degradation! EA ignoring TS and making sequel of TD, not TS!

Westwood Studios forever!

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The design of the buildings in TW are closer to TS than TD.

Cadre
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

They're a mix! The shape is of TS, and the design is of TD. And even if these are crackpot theories, I still stand by the fact that EA planned the buildings to look of religious origin. Nod is a religion, always has been and always will be. EA is just trying to personify this into their structures...

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I love the designs, it shows Nod as a religious cult, as well as really getting in with advanced technology. Although, a few of the heavily organic buildings do look quite weird to me, like the Tech Centre and Obelisk.
And I'm really not sure on the design of the Nod Armoury.. it just.. doesn't seem to fit in with the other Nod buildings in my opinion.

And I'd love to see a TS Style Temple of Nod in here, I loved that building..

And with regards to the concepts being WW originals, there were some concepts done by Westwood which were for CNC3 which were released a while back. On the Nod Power Plant is VERY similar to that seen in one of the concepts. However there weren't many other concepts released, so I can't say for the other designs.

I still think the Helipad is cool, even if it is a HUGE target on the battlefield.. its probably the biggest structure so far.. :S And I thought GDI had the Air Superiority?

Cadre
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Who says they still don't? We've never actually seen the Venom or Firehawk at work so we can't and sound judgement on the matter...

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@Muldrake: The obelisk picture above wasn't its best picture, to be honest. I've watched the gameplay movie and it's looking better than that... not as organic as it looks above.

friday-13th
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

meh,these buildings look so scaly,its nasty.looknig at the obelisk,makes me wonder if its some kind of vien that sucks people.......okay nvm.
you know,the cinyard for nod looks a a temple of nod,when i saw the video,i thought it was the temple.

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee, I've seen the videos too, and I still feel it.. I don't know. I expect it'll grow on me. Most of GDI's stuff has Wink

Cadre
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've accepted them, and I was the most objectant at the time of their reveal.

TS
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think all the buildings work for me. Might take just little bit to get used when playing NOD to get used to it though. I love how it was playing TS music and some sound affects from the demo Smile

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee, what did you do? why did you flip the Nod airpad/whatever to the place of the War factory? O_o That can't be the factory...can it?

Cadre
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well it is, the full demo revealed the truth.

Havoc
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

These building rock. I think I'll enjoy playing as a Nodie once again.

From what I see in the pics both the Tech center and the Obelisk look off-world, but the obelisk picture is a bit unclear. Who cares, if it kills everything that enters your base it's good.

ORCACommander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

these buildings are very unnodlike

thats all I have to say

reborn23
Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:13 pm    Post subject: The Brotherhood is.......... Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well it makes nod look more interesting faction to play AND I LOVE THE OBELISK

Check out my huge sig

Tiberium Storm Forums

Tiberium Twlight HAS RISEN

Stygs
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

wtf? you really should resize your sig. a 1280x960 picture is way too big o.O

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This kind of signature is not tolerated here. We don't have uber huge group of screens and this picture would enlarge all topics that you post at.

If you place it back, you'll be banned.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [33 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon