Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:29 pm
All times are UTC + 0
NCM will have its own .EXE!
Moderators: Triforce
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Triforce
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 5:20 pm    Post subject:  NCM will have its own .EXE! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Following the trend of other TS mods, NCM will be played from its own .EXE, which means you can play other TS mods or just TS without a bunch of file swapping. When NCM is released, there will be only 3 files included:

NCM.exe
NCMXP.Mix
NCM.INI

Estimate Size: 30 - 40 MB

Triforce

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account AIM Address
Vincent93
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Now that is just plain cool, I know this is probably a stupid question but how did you do it?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hex Editor or Resource Hacker. Depends on the purpose. For the purpose he has posted recently, he used a hex editing program.

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Suiseiseki
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

it's really not all that hard, you simply replace references to the right files ie references to rules.ini to NCM.ini

christophski the great
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

actually i think NCM.ini is probally the equivalent of SUN.ini seeing as if you change the amount of characters in the exe using a hex editor it screws up the program for some reason.

Suiseiseki
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've not had problems in the past having lower numbers of characters as far as I remember. Oh well.

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Everybody acts like new EXEs are something new. . .

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Its a great thing though. If a mod can have its own exe then we can all use other mods without removing them.

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I make a copy of my NoCD TS for every mod I install anyway -_-

cybx
Civilian

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:04 pm    Post subject: can´t play it Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Listen i have installed cnc decade recently the point is the ncm.exe, asks me for the tiberian sun disk but it´s allready in it, so how can i play it because simply sending the files to the TS directory doesn´t work after changing the names to expand02 and sun.ini. Help me or send me a copy without the exe file and with the rules and art file, because without them it won´t work as you know.

My mail is hfcmoreira@msn.com

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Triforce
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for pointing this out. I made dedicated topic about it HERE.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon