Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:22 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Drei Inseln (2-3)
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
The Raven
Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:15 pm    Post subject:  Drei Inseln (2-3)
Subject description: My Thrird Map, does not require FS or any mod
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, thats right, its my 3rd map. I posted it a few days ago on Tumsun, and it recieved a spotlight, but i wanted to know what you guys think of it. The name is german for Three Islands, i couldnt come up with a better name, sorry. Its For regular TS, FS is not required, nor are any mods. Dimensions are 55 by 160 or summat like that. Its temperate. for 2-3 players, plenty of tiberium, no triggers tho (i was going to put them in but i was having a little trouble, but figured it out, but im too lazy to put them in). Still, i think its a pretty nice little map. And i remembered to zip it this time, so all of you that dont have winrar can enjoy it too.

d4.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  440.05 KB
 Viewed:  52965 Time(s)

d4.PNG

d2.PNG
 Description:
Player 3 start
 Filesize:  478.54 KB

d2.PNG

d3.PNG
 Description:
player 2 start
 Filesize:  454.89 KB

d3.PNG

d1.PNG
 Description:
player 1 start
 Filesize:  465.65 KB

d1.PNG

drei inseln.zip
 Description:
The Map

Download
 Filename:  drei inseln.zip
 Filesize:  129.53 KB
 Downloaded:  2085 Time(s)

Last edited by The Raven on Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:40 am; edited 1 time in total

View user's profile Send private message Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Oshog
General

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very, very nice map. Though you could add a bit more detail and maybe some VHM near the staring positions.

Zodiac
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice.

The Raven
Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow, this thing finally got comments. Hey Zodiac, it's The Raven from TumSun, just so you dont think im stealing this map...(from myself). more screens:

Lol, does banshee ever come in here, it would be cool if i could get this thing spotlighted on TumSun and PPM.

d5.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  377.88 KB
 Viewed:  52912 Time(s)

d5.PNG

d4.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  440.05 KB
 Viewed:  52912 Time(s)

d4.PNG

View user's profile Send private message Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm watching this topic, but I'm not being able to play the map yet. As far as I've seen the screenshots, it looks like a spotlight candidate.

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Some very good cliff-work, and lighting. The detail is nice, and not too over the top.

A very nice map, and I always find the long thin ones interesting to play Wink.

I've included a mini-map to help show people the scale of it Wink.

I was disappointed to find after this time I was the first to download it :S

Also, I think its a few more than 3 islands Wink

three-islands-mini-map.PNG
 Description:
Mini-Map
 Filesize:  15.27 KB
 Viewed:  52897 Time(s)

three-islands-mini-map.PNG

The Raven
Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@RAGosho: I didn't put in any VHM's because i wanted this to be for regular TS because a lot of people dont have Firestorm.

@Banshee: Hope you get to play this soon.

@Muldrake: Thanks for the praise. It means a lot to me. You seem intellegent and level-headed, and i respect you as much as i can anyone i've seen on the interent and never met. That might sound creepy, but whatever.

Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Raven wrote:
@RAGosho: I didn't put in any VHM's because i wanted this to be for regular TS because a lot of people dont have Firestorm.

umm VHMs and veins are in regular TS Wink its just the mold and algea that isnt.

it is a nice map. BTW i hope your maps continue to be good. It took me awhile finally get spotlighted at Tumsun and then here but i think it was worth the wait in a way. (i still think Alcedonia Terra shoulda been my first spotlight though Confused oh well) but it seems your having better luck which is good Smile

The Raven
Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ixith wrote:
The Raven wrote:

umm VHMs and veins are in regular TS Wink its just the mold and algea that isnt.

it is a nice map. BTW i hope your maps continue to be good. It took me awhile finally get spotlighted at Tumsun and then here but i think it was worth the wait in a way. (i still think Alcedonia Terra shoulda been my first spotlight though Confused oh well) but it seems your having better luck which is good Smile

Oh, yeah. I think your right. Its been so long since i played regular TS That i forgot. And yea, you were way overdue for a spotlighting Ix. I just seemed to be in the right place at the right time.

Rico
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks like a good map, downloading Smile

The Raven
Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Where did all the commentors go? Crying or Very sad

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Spotlighting can only be done by Banshee, but he is often too busy to be watching everything Sad.

I must apologise, in that I don't watch the mapping forums as much as I should. I'll try to make more of an effort from now on.
So any maps which are worthy of spotlighting, I will bring to Banshee's attention.

And unfortunately it seems fewer and fewer people check the mapping forums these days, as some nice maps have been brought out recently, some really nice ones.

Need to find someway of drawing more attention to these maps... *ponders*

The Raven
Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lol, how did you know i was waiting for Banshee to come back?

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well it was pretty obvious.. most people do, as he's the one with the power on this forum.
I am a moderator, but I can't work on the front page of the site to add a spotlight.

But as I've said, I will try an pass on the message to Banshee when I can.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just to confirm, this map has been spotlighted.

I could play it few days ago and I had some good fun with it.

Firefx
Civilian

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Woah nice work, execclent map!

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon