Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:09 am
All times are UTC + 0
The actors list was revealed!
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [24 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:56 pm    Post subject:  The actors list was revealed!
Subject description: Nice casting!
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Today I've been browsing CNCNZ.com and two things surprised me. First of all, their new layout. I was so used to see them with a blueish colour. The second thing was a news about the actors that will be on C&C3 FMVs.

According to this article at GameSpot, the following people were casted:

Actor / Past work
Michael Ironside / Top Gun, voice of Splinter Cell's Sam Fisher
Billy Dee Williams / Empire Strikes Back, Colt .45 Spokesperson
Josh Holloway / Lost, CSI
Tricia Helfer / Battlestar Galactica, CSI
Grace Park / Battlestar Galactica, L.A. Law: The Movie
Ivana Bozilovic / Wedding Crashers, Van Wilder
Shanon Cook / CNN reporter
John Huck / Las Vegas Fox News anchor
Shauntay Hinton / former Miss USA
Joe Kucan / Command & Conquer series

I must admit I don't know many of them, although the ones I know are definitelly good. I'm an avid fan of Lost and Josh Holloway is great as Sawyer. Even a CNN reporter was casted, which is actually a funny thing, to hire real reporters to be reporters.

GameSpot also has an interview with Mike Verdu about the actors and the story of the game. According to him, the campaign will be played in 3 different perspectives. So, it will be more like Firestorm campaigns, than the continuous ones from Zero Hour.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"GS: Tell us a little about the game's story and how the actors fit in.

MV: We are giving gamers three different perspectives on the events of the Third Tiberium War by letting them play a campaign for each of our factions: Global Defense Initiative (GDI), The Brotherhood of Nod (Nod), or our yet-to-be-revealed third faction. Each campaign has its own principal cast and story, and all the stories weave together. There are revelations in each campaign that resonate in the other campaigns. After playing the three campaigns, gamers will have peeled back all of the layers of the onion and will have a complete view of the combined story--which is canon for the C&C universe."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And I guess we'll now be waiting for a new blog from Verdu soon, since the end of the month is approaching... maybe about tiberium, as Predator randomly hinted a while ago.

Team SomeGuy
General

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Its got Lando Calrissian now!

Thats who your forgetting about knowing.

Dubzac
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeah i love Grace Park Woot.

Cadre
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Too many actresses pose nude these days. No better way to get a first look at someone than by also seeing them topless. I really need to start watching more TV, and stop doing so many Google searches...

Great cast list though, even if the story sucks it'll at least have these guys to make it the slightest bit better...

Von Kriplespac
General

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

[quote]Shanon Cook / CNN reporter[quote/]

Someone, get a photo, that name reminds me of someone I know. O_o

Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OMFG! Josh Holloway?! Surprised
THAT...IS...SO...AWESOME! Very Happy
I bet he's the GDI CO! Man, I can't wait to see the fmv's in the game now! I bet Muldrake is also gonna love the fact that Josh Holloway is casted for C&C3! And they have only 2 small shots to do before the game is FMV complete? Ownage!

Von Kriplespac
General

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OK, nevermind, it isn't who I was thinking it was, but here in Tennessee, one of my teachers was named the exact same name as the CNN Reporter there. Laughing

Raptor
Grenadier

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

no Slavik and Oxanna actors...

sux balls imo i liked them #Tongue

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

...*died*...

Michael Ironside (Radcheck from Starship Troopers)..
Josh Holloway (Sawyer from Lost)..
Tricia Helfer (Six from Battlestar Galactica)..
Grace Park (Boomer from Battlestar Galactica)..
Billy Dee Williams (Lando from Empire Strikes back)

I.. I.. I.. I'm speechless. Its like they've rounded up all the actors I know.. from the films/shows I love..

And if you see Tricia Helfer, you'll see a direct link to Oxanna. Wink

I can't believe this. Its like.. I just.. I'm woah.. I wanted CNC3 for its continuation in the storyline.. but.. bloody hell.. I never expected anything like this.. An uber cast like TS.. but even bigger known names! Very Happy

I'm sorry.. the game could be absolute rubbish now.. but I will get it just for the storyline and the campaign FMV's, knowing these guys (and gals) are in it. (And I'm not talking about the American News reporters, or the Miss America's, as I don't know them, but I'm sure they're nice... I just hope the acting skills live up to the others #Tongue)

This is about as good as hiring Michael Biehn and James Earl Jones. Granted, you might consider them perhaps bigger due to being in well known films.. but for Sci-Fi fans.. these are fantastic cast members! Very Happy
And James Earl Jones is known for his distinctive voice, I would say that Michael Ironside has just as a distinctive voice, he's brilliant.

I have to say.. this is the third time this game has made me go giddy and weak in the legs.. no other game has done that twice #Tongue Especially not in the development stage!

@Alex: Tip of the iceberg.. 6/10 of those people I know and love their work.. not just Josh Holloway Wink

Last edited by Muldrake on Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:32 am; edited 1 time in total

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OMFG!

I saw the name Tricia Helfer and I creamed my panties!! o.O

I can't believe they've hired such an incredible cast... EA did something right!

<3 Tricia.. so hot!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Anderwin
General

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So oxanna are back?

Scrin Commander
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Raptor wrote:
no Slavik and Oxanna actors...

sux balls imo i liked them #Tongue

OMG! Is that true, they died?! If so then that is very sad, I luved those characters along with CABAL and Kane u know! Crying or Very sad

Cadre
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Don't you dare say that! Oxanna is alive and well! She retired from the Blackhand and now has a family and a good job at some news station as the hottest news anchor this world has ever seen...

Slavik can be dead though, I mean don't get me wrong I really liked the guy. But lets be real here, Nod is full of backstabbing bastards and the most dangerous of them are very high ranking officers. Even as good as Slavik was, there is no way he could survive more than six years after the Firestorm skirmishes because of this...

Raptor
Grenadier

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Slavik was my #1 character Sad
and now hes gone... Sad

Dreadlord
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:

damn it, I liked his Sawyer role in LOST, I hope he is with the Brotherhood of Nod :p

DJFreestyler
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I do hope they bring Slavik back... i really liked him and thought he was a good person to act as Kane's second-in-command. Of course he could be dead, but i really do hope they make a good story for it then, and not just have him dissapear without telling anything about what happened.

Hmm, the thought just occured to me that they actually HAVE to tell what happened to slavik if they want to make this a real sequel to TS, as Slavik was actually the leader of Nod after FS.

Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dreadlord wrote:
Quote:

damn it, I liked his Sawyer role in LOST, I hope he is with the Brotherhood of Nod :p

Good news for you then!
Josh Holloway plays the Nod intelligence officier named "Ajay"...

In fact, here's the revealed cast's roles:
Josh Holloway - Nod Intelligence officer Ajay
Tricia Helfer - Kilian Qatar
Michael Ironside - GDI Gen. Jack Granger
Billy Dee Williams - GDI Director Redmond Boyle
Grace Park- Lt. Sandra Telfair (GDI)
Ivana Bozilovic - Kirce James
Shauntay Hinton - reporter Brittany Bhima
Joseph D. Kucan - Kane
Stefan Marks - Nod MCV, Nod EVA, Venom Patrol Craft (voiceovers)

I bet Ivana is playing a GDI character, and Tricia Helfer either a character of the third faction or a Nod character. (She reminds me alot of Oxanna #Tongue)

EDIT: From now on, Whatever Muldrake says, I second. Everything he's said in this topic is exactly what I was going to tell you guys.

Oshog
General

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lost, Start Wars, Battlestar Galactica enter C&C today Very Happy woot

And that Ivan chick - hot Smile

Red Dragon
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, EA isn't being lazy. Getting the best actors. this could be interesting Smile

_->TF:ADW mod player<-_
Red Dragon

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Cadre
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Don't you think it's odd that the leader of GDI in the last game happened to be a black guy from Star Wars, and the leader of GDI in this game happens to be a black guy from Star Wars? Just one of those coincidences that you can't help but wonder if they really are coincidences...

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Michael Ironside - GDI Gen. Jack Granger

Do they want to put generals from Zero Hour on it? #Tongue

Cadre
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Not really...

This guy is named Jack Granger, the guy in ZH was named Malcolm Granger. Not to mention that Malcolm Granger would be about 100 years old during the events of TW. They could be related but it would be hard to do that as ZH took place 10 years after the events of TD, and not even EA could pull a story out of their ass that could make heads or tales of it...

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Generals was set on 2020. But yea, I forgot that the one from Generals is Malcolm.

Cadre
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

2020? Oh well, I've never been good with numbers...

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [24 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!