Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:50 pm
All times are UTC + 0
I need your opinion on these new CABAL buildings
Moderators: The DvD
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [36 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
The DvD
TiberiumWeb.com Webmaster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 7:30 pm    Post subject:  I need your opinion on these new CABAL buildings Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

As you most likely know, CABAL will be playable in TSTW. So, being TSTW a professional mod, i need new graphics for his buildings. I did some work in Paint Shop Pro, and i need your opinions..

They're just edited TS buildings really, i know they are not too got yet, but try to give some detailed comments.

cabalbase.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  48.78 KB
 Viewed:  33219 Time(s)

cabalbase.jpg

The DvD

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

BTW these are quickies, i can do better.. you'll note some flaws in it but these are likely to be fixed prior to release.

BTW, from left to right: Warfactory, Barracks, Refinery..

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ahhh dvd we already say to you we love the atmosphere that you and smiff create in your mod

but for this some of opinion, please don't use a night map ! Very Happy

hmmm yeah looks cabal, but need really improvement Smile you can do better you say it Smile

Mike
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well like maxim it is caballish but can be better

Captain Sword
Grenadier

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cabal's Factory needs more flavor but I like the restt

hellfire
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well I liked the refinery though it could be better, and is it any different than in the beta. Now that I can actually see them I like barracks to.

All hail me

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
awrethien
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

-Factory

Good looks nice

-Barricks

wheres the flag pole?(but otherwise nice)

-Refinery

also looks good(but the harvester in my opinion looks weard. Confused )

hellfire
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That thing is cool I loved it in the beta, it's the tank from startwars episode one. It has a nice laser on it.

All hail me

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
awrethien
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yea what I think makes it look weard it the flat top. I dont know maybe its the flat top. Id have to see it from a differnt angle.

zuegma
Medic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

FACTORY- like it maaybe it could have cabal sybol or something

BARRACKS-very good maybe needs a flag or lights

REFINERY- looks good maybe needs a bit sort mutation or something

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
zdflamer2
Shrapnel Sniper

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2003 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

FACTORY - nice but needs to be changed to not look so much like the mobile war factory

BARRACKS - really good, suits it, i always loved that building in TD

REFINERY - good and i like the harvy although lighting needs a bit of work on the harvy

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

oh yea, heres something for ya dvd

its a research center render ive got, im sure it will come in handy for the CABAL barracks cameo Wink

sshot034.jpg
 Description:
Research Center Render
 Filesize:  17.45 KB
 Viewed:  33053 Time(s)

sshot034.jpg

Captain Sword
Grenadier

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks like it could be a good cameo IMO.

The DvD

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks smiff!

zdflamer2
Shrapnel Sniper

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

wicked, theres the research center on a map on renegade

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

SMIFFGIG wrote:
its a research center render

a ra1 one ? probably with the soviet power plant Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

SMIFFGIG wrote:
its a research center render

a ra1 one ? probably with the soviet power plant Very Happy

Sk8erkid
INSANE

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
wicked, theres the research center on a map on renegade

That can be converted to a shp *cough*hint hint*cough* so its at the correct agle

JippieX2k
Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Factory:
GOOD

Barracks:
The flag is to big it should be smaller and lighter

Refinery:
Should be higher (The harvester crashes in the roof Very Happy )

Kravvitz
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

SMIFFGIG wrote:
its a research center render ive got, im sure it will come in handy for the CABAL barracks cameo Wink

Where did you find that? Very Happy

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
The DvD

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

don't ask.... SMIFFGIG's HD is full of secret stuff..

Tratos
General

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, but he's 19, so he's legally old enough to possess such things........oh, you meant ts things......oops....

SeaMan
Man of the Sea

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Kravvitz wrote:
SMIFFGIG wrote:

It's a Soviet Prison from Red Alert 1 cutscene.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
W/P
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

prison?

ENGLAND 2006!!! HAWAY THE LADS!!!

Kravvitz
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

SeaMan wrote:
Kravvitz wrote:
SMIFFGIG wrote:

It's a Soviet Prison from Red Alert 1 cutscene.

I know that. I just don't remember seeing a fmv that showed the prison/tech center. It has been awhile since I've played the RA1 campaigns though....

WP wrote:
prison?

In some missions that building was a prison and in others it was a tech center.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
zuegma
Medic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

it's the mission where u have to chase the spy around and kill him because he blows up the base and thats the scene to start the mission

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
W/P
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ive seen it as a tech center

ENGLAND 2006!!! HAWAY THE LADS!!!

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well it was used as a prison some missions, and as tech center in others, but in that particular movie it is supposed to be a prison #Tongue

The DvD

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The TD god speaks Wink

Den Leiw
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think you should do completly different-looking buildings than the others have...

just my opinion
cameos and atmosphere are good

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

SMIFFGIG wrote:
oh yea, heres something for ya dvd

Like... this? Wink

missicon1.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  2.53 KB
 Viewed:  32600 Time(s)

missicon1.gif

missicon2.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  2.44 KB

missicon2.gif

missicon3.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  2.43 KB

missicon3.gif

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

To be honest I think it's to obvious that they're just edited buildings from TD, RA, RA2 or TS (everyone knows the War Factory is just the Mobile War Factory/Fist of Nod). You should leave the MCV, the Refinery and the Silo standard and make new buildings for the rest.
I played the one you put for download and I think all new units/buildings don't really fit in the game (they look too diffrent from the other units/buildings), same for that harvester on that screens.
Why don't you ask for people that are good at making SHP's (like the people that made ROTD), I think there would be alot people that would be glad to help. (Don't ask me btw, because I can also only edit SHP's, just like you)
Btw, for what I've seen so far, I think your mod is great (apart from those new units and buildings; I dó like your Mammoth Mk. II and the Orca's).

Edit: I'm talking about 1.0 btw, I haven't played any newer versions yet (waiting for 1.1).

Last edited by Bittah Commander on Thu Jan 06, 2005 4:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Awrethien wrote:
-Factory

Good looks nice

-Barricks

wheres the flag pole?(but otherwise nice)

-Refinery

also looks good(but the harvester in my opinion looks weard. Confused )

first-barracks making cyborgs so it's not making sense
second harvester from STAR WARS!

Zwapp
Civilian

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Why not give the harvester a storage bay?

nonsenseman
Civilian

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

show assebley bay?
top of mobile repairs
and tiberium and cyborgs being constructed
or why not just combine factory and barracks?

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

BUMP?

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [36 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon