Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:58 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Mod Questions
Moderators: Yurisarmy
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [30 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
EVA-251
General

Also Known As: evanb90

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:03 pm    Post subject:  Mod Questions
Subject description: Want to ask one?
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If you want to know something about the mod, and you are sure it could not go under a different sub-forum, post it here. Smile

I will read and answer questions to my fullest.

Last edited by EVA-251 on Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:16 am; edited 1 time in total

Disruptor
Grenadier

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How long have you been working on the mod? Confused

EVA-251
General

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Early April is when I commenced work. However, Star Strike took presidence over the mod, and only until recently has the mod been worked on.

Disruptor
Grenadier

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh I see, thanks, another question is that will there be any secret Units/Buildings/Objects that you have not told us yet?

EVA-251
General

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Secret units, buildings and objects? Please expand the definition

If you mean units, objects and buildings I have done and I am not showing, well, sadly, I dont have any of the sort. I have not shown a pic of my wrecked Jeep in-game, but I dont have much too hide. Mainly it is cameos that I do not have on this computer.

I also have a M113 that I never finished, and it is on another compy.

ChielScape
General

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

why are you working on both cold war and star strike at the same time? and do you think that wil have a negative or positive effect on either mod, if one at all?

EVA-251
General

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, I work on both mods because I believe in finished what you started(there is exceptions though #Tongue)

I planned on month segments, but when CW month came up, I worked on Star Strike, and I could not stop. I decided that being paranoid over the percent values of the Battleship could give way to the concern of making sure a T-54 wastes a Jeep or Katyusha in a single shot.(no seriously, Battleship went from 350% x 500 to heavy armor to just 70%)

I think CW will be priority until I get somewhat of a public alpha out, but that could take days, weeks, or a month even if I am lazy, then I will implement big changes to SS after gaining some experience from CW.

I do think it will have a positive impact on the mod, actually. I see work from CW, see how I put alot of time into it(Patton is good example of hard work for me), and I look at SS. Later, I have a mentally set goal to improve upon SS units.

Ironically, since CW development restarted, I have not run Star Strike. I do not know the appearance of the new Alien "Barracks" ingame, I am sure it sucks though. I renormalized the Juggernaut and a few other voxels, and put in a few cameos. I still don't know how they look in game. #Tongue

The only negative impact that it really brings is time delays. It really slows down development of both mods, saying my dev-team is confined to Yurisarmy and myself, and Yurisarmy is not here at the moment. Tovarich adds to CW staff, but he won't have some new work up for awhile

EVA-251
General

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Any other questions? I am open ears erm.. eyes, in this case

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Im on your team you wanker. And what will you do about Super Weapons, namely the ICBMs? The U.S.S.R. Alone had more then 10 types of ICBMs, the U.S. Probably equivilante in that number, how're ya gonna deal with this mess?

EVA-251
General

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Super Weapons, well, plans are for ICBMs, Airstrikes and spy plane fly-overs. When you get into the age of satellite recon, you will get a RA1-like spy-sat superweapon probably.

It will probably vary map to map, the map modifying(if possible), the type of plane or missile you launch or use.

However, for nukes, I was pretty set on not having them in-game, but with RP, damage can be made slightly more realistic, so nukes may be included.

The original concept of the Cold War was "What if the Cold War became hot, but nukes would not be used?". However, that is quite fictional to many. I think that both sides would just let a war play out until desperation comes and then the nukes start flying.

Cruise Missiles, you probably will see them. Smile

Disruptor
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What I ment from my 2nd post is if there was any objects or features that you stuck in it but did not tell us about them? Confused

EVA-251
General

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, I am still having difficulty getting at what you mean.

I will tell you that the planning stages of this mod are still going on(first major month of work for CW), but nothing that is big has not been announced already, at this point.

But that does not mean that big things are soon to come (or later) Wink

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I thought the 50's was done except for aircraft?

EVA-251
General

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, for a test alpha

Buildings, super weapons, ships, and vehicles still need coding and graphics design. Once the major units of the 50s are coded, it will be done.

I know for certain the M7B2 Priest would not be a appropriate representation of 1950's NATO Artillery, for example.

A 100% finished 1950s, or any decade, is quite some time ahead.

Oshog
General

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Disruptor ment are there any Stolen tech units in Cold War? (like Chrono commando in RA2 etc.)

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I wouldnt count on it. Maybe a reschemed version of an enemy vehicle, thats about it.

Ie: Soviet B-29 or something like that. (Though the Tu-4 is the same thing.)

Engies are going, right? No silly crap like building enemy tech, either?

Oshog
General

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You should keep the engineers for repairs of bridges and buildings. You could also give them small bombs and make the demolition experts.

EVA-251
General

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Stolen technology units? Well, at this moment, I dont think it will be used. An American field base would not just be sitting around with plans for an M-70 or some other prototype or secret vehicle, right?

You might be able to build a certain special unit of the other side, like a Jeep with TOW Missiles, or something like that, but nothing too far out.(like a being able to a build a T-72)

Quote:
Engies are going, right? No silly crap like building enemy tech, either?

Engineers are a real aspect of warfare, and handle things like demolitions, bridge repair and building repair. Besides, you have to have someone be able to take over money producing structures and so on.

But, I am guaranteeing you that "TEH ENGY RUSH11" or its functionality as a assault unit will be very limited. You wont see a BTR-50 drive up and drop off a squad of engineers at your Command Center, take and sell it.

If I decide to use RON style select SFX, then you will be able to capture an enemy ground unit production facility. Driving an enemy tank is a little more common than flying an enemy plane, dont you agree?

The RON style select SFX removes the issue of side specific voice-overs, making captured vehicles not much of a problem, so it is a possibility

100% guarantee you that you wont be seeing NATO Spetsnaz or KGB, or WP Navy Seals and Green Berets, or something. You definitely wont be seeing an enemy commander using your own ships or aircraft against you.

Disruptor
Grenadier

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What I really ment was for example:You (EVA-251) wants to have a little fun with this mod when its released so you make yourself some of your own units, tanks, animations, buildings. Now lets say you make a Crashed UFO and place it somewhere on a map and wait for people to find it.

Think of the possible things you could hide in it.

I hope you can understand what I was asking. Very Happy

EVA-251
General

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh, that is what you meant. Little developer secrets, like that? Text triggers in certain areas of a map.

Heh, yes, you will see probably see a couple of those. Very Happy

Perhaps a wrecked SS tank, or an EDF Gun Emplacement hidden behind some foliage.
#Tongue

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How long does it take you to make a vxl?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
EVA-251
General

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, it deals with my motivation to make it. If I feel it is a task and not something fun to do, it could take me a long time and with less quality.

When I am feeling motivated, and in the mood to voxel, it can take me about 2 to 3 hours straight to make an entire voxel, including somewhat of a texture(BTR-50 and my MBT is an example of this)

I would put it at an average of 3 to 5 hours.

Universal
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is the B-36 Peacemaker going to be in the mod once its done ?

EVA-251
General

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The nuclear weapon armed B-36? I dont know, like I have said before, nukes are something I am hesitant to include.

If it is allowed, it will be an airstrike with a long "charge" time.

Universal
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

But nukes were a vital part of the cold war. I go with putting it at having maybe a 10 - 15 minute arming time (values for aircraft getting armed , fueled etc...)

EVA-251
General

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, but the use of a single Nuke in the CW guaranteed Armageddon, pretty much.

I wanted this mod to be "How CW battles would be like without nukes"

Universal
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well lets just put it in anyway because quite frankly I couldnt imagine a mod without nukes Surprised

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Uni he said no now STFU ¬_¬

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
EVA-251
General

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well now that I remember it, I made a written list of the CW Multiplayer modes

And one of the modes said
"Total War(AI Supported)
No limits, SWs"

I guess I can say that on a Amphibious War or Air War map, for example, you wont see nuclear weapons

BTW- Please avoid the bashing/insulting/whatever on the CW forums. I understand Universal suffers this sort of stuff pretty much everywhere? Well, no more discussion on this matter, anyways.

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm sorry EVA but in my experience Uni wont take no for an answer but telling him to feck off normally works tho.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [30 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon