Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:37 pm
All times are UTC + 0
You want Maps?
Moderators: Reaperrr, red_rebel
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
23-down
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 6:54 am    Post subject:  You want Maps?
Subject description: then support mappers
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi all!

First i hope this topic doesn't sounds to offensive.

But that hits the situation perfect, i think.

Today i downloaded and tried Rotd v.1.6. And it's really fantastic. I'm a fan since Version 1.5. Really good job on the rotd team and thanks for the mod. I think it is one of the best mods for ts. Wink

Now i tried to build maps. But i know it is needed to edit the name of all mix files + inside the mixes itself.

I think u should support mappers there better than currently. It's a fact that you people wishs new maps. Then help the builders.

No one want to edit 100 and more files before he can begin with mapping.

My idea now is it on the rotd team: make your files compatible with final sun and release the edited mix files as a special final sun edition. With simple instructions which files needed to be cuted first before u can replace it with the original c&c ts files.

I don't mean change the normal rotd v1.6! I just mean build another version and call it for example rotd1.6 final_sun mixes.zip or .rar

I bet after this there will come more maps from people because they are not more scared or bored to edit first 100 and more files.

I hope u people understood me a bit, i know my english sucks... Confused Embarassed

If u didn't understand it, i will try it again.

greetings 23-down

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I thought you only needed to rename the rotdxp**.mix files to expand**.mix to make it work... wel and rename a few INI files.

But these are exactly the changes made to separate ROTD from TS, so we won't undo them.

23-down
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi

i never said u should undo it... i said make a copy of the rotd files and change this files, release it as final sun version and everything is good. Now we have 2 versions - the normal gaming version and the final sun version for creating maps. i'm sure this will support many mappers + noob mappers which know only how to setup a map but not the mix files etc.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon