Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:36 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Element Iridium 08-S
Moderators: Mr.Graffitti
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [20 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Mr.Graffitti
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 4:43 am    Post subject:  Element Iridium 08-S Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

General information of the element Id-08

Name, symbol, numer: Iridium 08-S. Id-08, 567
Chemical Series: S-Type Transition Metals
Atomic Mass: 192.217(3) g/mol
Electrons per shell: 2, 8, 18, 32, 15, 2
Phase: Electric energy field surrounding solid phase.
Density: 26610 kg/m³
Melting Point: 13437 °C
Boiling Point: 24428 °C

A platinum group metal, the iridium 08-S is a glowing blue-silver metal. Due to its extreme hardness properties, iridium 08-S is impossible to machine, form, or work. Iridium 08-S is the most resistent metal known, it cannot be destroyed or deformed by any known force. Iridium 08-S cannot be attacked by any acids or by aqua regia, it is inmune to corrosive forces and molten salts.
The measured density of this element is extremely high, it is listed as the heaviest element known.

Appearance:

Last edited by Mr.Graffitti on Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

THE Protagonist
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

so... is this the reasorce?

ChielScape
General

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

and yet not even a cubic inch of it exists on this planet. of which more than half came from meteorites.

Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry to complain (you know I like to) but I have a few things to say.
Firstly, why would a new element be given the same name as an existing one?
Any element with that many electrons isn't going to be a transition element, which rules out it having any colour.
Finally, anything with that high an atomic number is going to be an unstable isotope. This isn't the best diagram in the world (took me a good five minutes to find, though) but this shows the general trend for radioactive isotopes:

Your element would be far too unstable, especially considering everything after Lead is inherently unstable and decays. The bigger the atom, the quicker it will decay, for the most part.

Mr. Pokey
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Christ. There's no need to pick holes in everything everyone comes up with - it's a game it doesn't have to be perfect. Although i agree with everything you've said, there isn't any real need to say it. Except the name part.

Organised Rules.ini by Judeau

ChielScape
General

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Clazzy wrote:
Sorry to complain (you know I like to) but I have a few things to say.
Firstly, why would a new element be given the same name as an existing one?
Any element with that many electrons isn't going to be a transition element, which rules out it having any colour.
Finally, anything with that high an atomic number is going to be an unstable isotope. This isn't the best diagram in the world (took me a good five minutes to find, though) but this shows the general trend for radioactive isotopes:

Your element would be far too unstable, especially considering everything after Lead is inherently unstable and decays. The bigger the atom, the quicker it will decay, for the most part.

which proves i didnt read the post at all.

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It kinda looks like this:

untitled.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  186.88 KB
 Viewed:  12793 Time(s)

untitled.png

Tratos
General

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

if its the most resistant metal known to man why are the sides eroded? (the sloped ones not the flat hexagonal ones)

Cadre
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What use is it if it's invulnerable to everything on the planet?

Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Christ. There's no need to pick holes in everything everyone comes up with - it's a game it doesn't have to be perfect. Although i agree with everything you've said, there isn't any real need to say it. Except the name part.

I don't like it when people use science incorrectly, just like how EA tried to explain tiberium incorrectly.

Cadre
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

They didn't explain it incorrectly, you just hate EA so much that you automatically decide everything they do is wrong...

Mr. Pokey
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

They have corrupted tiberium. Changed it so that it is no longer the same thing, at all. None of the mechanics really make sense, at all.
And Clazzy, i agree with you, but i just tend not to say it Wink

Organised Rules.ini by Judeau

Mr.Graffitti
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm.. I need to pay more attention in my chemistry class.. I am just 14, so I have no good knowledge on any of these things.
The element is named Iridium 08-S because it's a variant of the iridium blah blah that is kinda explained in the Main Storyline topic. Though it's not completed you can get an idea of it.
The rest of the chemistry things may be wrong, but I dont care about it.
It's my mod, which means it's my universe, and in my universe I can make 2+2 be 1036545 if I want to Razz

MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What the hell! Why does every thing have to make scence? Its a game... Its fiction! Im impresed that he has done some thing like this, not to many mods do.

Cadre
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

All I wanted to know is how is this element useful if it can't be altered?

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mr.Graffitti wrote:
The Iridium 08-S was found accidentaly by a miner group on Amalthea, one of Jupiter's satellites. Our curiosity about this indestructible metal leaded us to the construction of a spacial research center near Amalthea. We found out that the Iridium 08-S could only be harvested every 23.4 years, during Amalthea's peak at the Jovian Radiation Field, when it is extremely charged with energetic ions, protons and electrons produced by the Jovian magnetosphere. When this happens, the normal Iridium compound suffers a high energy transformation, releasing gigantic amounts of energy and in the process, making visible bright patches of green on the major slopes of Amalthea. After the energy explosion the standard Iridium turns into Iridium 08-S, though only for a limited period of time (1.4 years).

So...anyone agrees?

ShadowLord
Grenadier

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well the only thing that could shape it in anyway would be a small concentrated laser beam. That can cut through anything known to man, but since this is a game it might not be able to alter it.

Jeeves
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My interpretation of its value was the bit where it says "high energy." You don't have to reshape something to make it useful.

MSN Status: (if says mobile, talk anyway)

ChrisBlitz
Medic

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It should not be totally invulnerable Graffitti. Change it so it makes sense. Will you listen to your old partner, or at least old coder?

Oxid Wars Forums

Suiseiseki
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

August... I don't think he's going to change it if he hasn't yet. #Tongue

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [20 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon