Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:49 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Mobile Dred Launcher [RA2]
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, OpenRA Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [30 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
tds101
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:57 am    Post subject:  Mobile Dred Launcher [RA2] Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

To Fans of the Dred Ship Here is a mobile ground Dred Launcher

Mobile Dred Launcher in game.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  125.77 KB
 Viewed:  16303 Time(s)

Mobile Dred Launcher in game.PNG

Mobile Dred Lanucher.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Mobile Dred Lanucher.rar
 Filesize:  23.19 KB
 Downloaded:  651 Time(s)

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice..thats probably one of your best voxels I have seen. Smile

the missiles seem a bit akward though..its not because their black..but maybe their size/angle? make them a tad longer?

good job there.

mice16
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ah... Soviets.

MDL.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  3.5 KB
 Viewed:  16292 Time(s)

MDL.png

[quote="Lt A1br3cht"]Kill it with fire!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

They look a pain in the ass to launch from that position...and possibly end up ripping the cab off if the drivuh isnt careful, but I like it...i suggest you take a look at some Soviet Union SCUD platforms and the like though, then remake it.

Oshog
General

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So, the reincarnation of the double SCUD is good. Really good. But needs more of a soviet shceme to it.

tds101
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

when they fire they do not even come close to the cab there is plenty of room

Mobile Dred Fire sequence.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  58.53 KB
 Viewed:  16268 Time(s)

Mobile Dred Fire sequence.PNG

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It does look good, although a little on the huge side!

I think the thing I don't like is how the missiles don't appear to be on any supports or launch tubes, just the flat back of the truck..

But other than that, a very well made and nicely detailed truck.

Tony
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I agree with Muldrake here, you should put a launching platform much like that on the dred on the back of the truck. Nice design for the truck though Smile

Rattuskid
Sergeant

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Are you sure he used that one Ratus? maybe he just used it as a concept for his truck? I know they look very similar, but I still like what he has done.

tds101
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Rattuskid yes i did use me2's version as a concept if you go and look at the voxels them self they are very similar but i made many different changes

and maybe if i get some free time i'll add the racks like the back of the skud launcher

Harv
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i dont like it

View user's profile Send private message Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
-tr8er8-
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Rattuskid wrote:
Guys, don't praise him for the truck just yet. He should credit Me2 for the base which, granted, he did improve.

http://yrarg.cncguild.net/index.php?page=voxels/vxlg4

I dont see any difference in the 2, you should actually start with your own work because who knows, he could be doing this to all his voxels.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Rattuskid
Sergeant

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

tds101 wrote:
yes i did use me2's version as a concept if you go and look at the voxels them self they are very similar but i made many different changes

I think you misunderstand the word 'concept', which would be alright if you didn't speak English as a primary language or something... but you live like a three hour drive from me, so the excuse isn't there.

Did you mean you made this voxel from scratch, but borrowed ideas from Me2? Because I guess in such a case, you could claim it as originally yours, and only incidently a reinterprettation of his concept.

Or did you mean you started off with his voxel as a base? Note the difference. If this is the case, it would not be off his 'concept', but off his actual work. Now, there is nothing wrong with derivitive work as long as you credit and get permission* from the original author.

*It's kinda assumed you can modify works for mods, or releases of whole mods. Hell, I modified the same voxel for my own mod simply to fit scheme better... but if you're releasing it for public distribution as a stand-alone asset it would be very uncool to not check with Me2 first.

From what I've seen, it looks like a case of the second. I'm just trying to defend Me2's work here.

tds101
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

omg listen i make all my own work listen to me i used his voxel as a visual and re made it from ground up as a new unit i did not just copy or build off the original i re made it completely if i have to i can remake it agin and take screen shots of me doing it like i said i used his as a visual i did not intend on being a theif and stealing his property this is the first units that i did not make 100% from self design the concept of this units is me2's but i did remake it 100% agin on my own just look at the 2 vxls and you will see the differences in the 2

agin yes the concept belongs to me2 but i did remake the vxl 100% as this has been done many many times before by pretty much anyone who has ever made vxls few examples (Mammoth Tank, Apoc, ect)

so don't get angery at my for doing somthing that has been done many times before me ok

Rattuskid
Sergeant

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Kid, calm down. There's no need to go into a comma-loathing frenzy over this.

Now, you asked me to look at both voxels. The first thing that strikes me as not different, which would be if yours was scratch build is the fact both are exactly 85x48x32 in dimensions. Not looking good.

Now, down to the actual voxels...

This is ME2's, captured in OSVxlSE, at -30 depth 'left' preset camera angle.

K?

Your voxel, same depth (-30) same angle (hence why I used the preset one).

Yes, different. Notably, you have smoke stacks, an extra compartment over both wheels and shorter ramps to hold the missiles.

Now, look at yours overlayed on his with 50% transparency. You can tell how it's aligned because of the 'Depth: -30' texts almost overlapping.

You have the exact same outline. Not only in shape, but in size. You would have had to make it from scratch, but mysteriously get the precise same dimensions AND voxel bound information.

Kid, I'm not saying you should be hung or anything. Just credit where credit is do, and don't go all defensive when you've clearly used a derived work. It's the internet, we all lie sometimes on it. Now be a man, and do the right thing, k? Smile

tds101
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i'm not getting mad alls i was saying is yes yes yes the concept of the vehical is me2's yes it is yes ok now what i did was use the same dimensions and shape like i said i used his as a visual i would have his on the vxl maker and had a 2nd one open with a blank palet and re designed the unit i mean if i have to i can go and re make the units agin and take screen shot of every thing i do

i don't want anyone to think o he just copies all his work no no i only used his design because i liked it and i was to lazy to go and remake it without a visual i'm going to go back now and re make it so that no one can say i just copied it

-tr8er8-
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good. Just make sure you don't have the .vxl, and then just edit it. You can look at it, but if you are going to copy it like you did (tis ok Confused), ask the dude you are taking from, and give credit in the post. I like the smoke stacks btw Wink

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
IVI
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i like this modified truck but it's too big. given that the Apocalypse/Mammoth Tank is nearly as high as a two storey building, that would make this scud truck quite as tall as a mech Confused and as long as two buses placed front to back

-tr8er8-
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

IVI AFV-factory wrote:
i like this modified truck but it's too big. given that the Apocalypse/Mammoth Tank is nearly as high as a two storey building, that would make this scud truck quite as tall as a mech Confused and as long as two buses placed front to back

Ohhhh yeah!!! That is what I was going to mention, what IVI said Wink

tds101
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the truck has to be bigger so it can carry the dred missiles think in the case of an ICBM that would be massively larger to

here is a pic of my earlier trial at making a unit with smaller missiles this was before they made the rockpatch i could not add missiles then so dred missiles were to big

KSTAH.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  68.15 KB
 Viewed:  16091 Time(s)

KSTAH.PNG

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

xD cute baby dred missiles! it even has some purple! #Tongue '

Dupl3xxx
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I love it, but the drivers cab is a bit to big. Make it a little bit smaller pleace? #Tongue

tds101
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

match this up the only thing the same now is the tires

Large kstah.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  4.68 KB
 Viewed:  16017 Time(s)

Large kstah.PNG

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

you're doing nice progress, but it still needs work...take example of the unused truck voxel hidden in the RA2 mixes, with 4 (or Cool V2 (smaller than V3), the cab isn't so large, compared to the missiles.

Oshog
General

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh yes, much better soviet scheme. But now the missiles should be a tad bigger imho.

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just use the many pickup/convoy truck cabs as a base, they are similar to real Soviet trucks of the era. They really are ideal for this kinda vehicle.

tds101
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ok ok lol i only went and re made the unit so everyone can't say i don't do my own work

i might not do anything today considering it's my birthday

ok later

Jeeves
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This has gone weird with the size thing #Tongue
Using a truck that big for two of those little missiles is like using a bulldozer to smash a house of cards.

MSN Status: (if says mobile, talk anyway)

mice16
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

tds101 wrote:
here is a pic of my earlier trial at making a unit with smaller missiles this was before they made the rockpatch i could not add missiles then so dred missiles were to big

*ahem*

[quote="Lt A1br3cht"]Kill it with fire!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [30 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!