Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:46 pm
All times are UTC + 0
[TS,RA2] Zone Trooper
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, OpenRA Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [27 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Machine
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:04 pm    Post subject:  [TS,RA2] Zone Trooper Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here's my second Max creation; It's an infantry unit, that COULD be called a Zone Trooper; it's my own concept, and is strongly based on Starcraft's Terran Marine, but it will fit like a Zone Trooper, since both are similar in concept.

The unit has all the standart animations of a normal RA2 infantry.
TS version, is about the size of a cyborg, and RA2 version is a bit bigger than a conscript.

BTW, there's no cameo yet.

I hope you like; don't forget to read the Readme, since it has the coding in it #Tongue

Preview.png
 Description:
Size comparison
 Filesize:  74.72 KB
 Viewed:  31967 Time(s)

Preview.png

Zone_Trooper.zip
 Description:
The download with both versions and coding

Download
 Filename:  Zone_Trooper.zip
 Filesize:  220.92 KB
 Downloaded:  1465 Time(s)

Machine
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry to double post, I know it's a bad thing, but if I don't do it, this might not get the attention it deserves. Too bad that I got 8 downloads and not even a reply Crying or Very sad

A new version has been done; so here it is #Tongue

Explossive Bloody Death.gif
 Description:
Preview
 Filesize:  7.05 KB
 Viewed:  31908 Time(s)

Explossive Bloody Death.gif

Zone Cameos.zip
 Description:
Cameos for RA2 & TS, also the background I used for RA2 cameo, and a render of the unit

Download
 Filename:  Zone Cameos.zip
 Filesize:  228.91 KB
 Downloaded:  1027 Time(s)

Zone Trooper V.2.zip
 Description:
New version with bloody explossive death for both RA2 & TS

Download
 Filename:  Zone Trooper V.2.zip
 Filesize:  228.67 KB
 Downloaded:  1539 Time(s)

Oshog
General

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's a shame people are missing out this great infantry SHP - ome of the best I've seen in ages.

IVI
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Your new zone trooper is well done Machine. For a second max work I think it's awesome. Wink

I dont have max of my own... it phails to set up correctly on my pc you see. Mad

I do have a suggestion however,

1.) the movement is somewhat robotic. that is to say, in terms of human movement fluidity, your zone trooper's doesn't make it prefectly believable.

You might argue that the zone trooper's armor clad and that prevents him from moving fluidly. But a power armor should enable easy movement.

Still a very good piece of work. good Job Smile

even with the minor flaw,
I give your Zone Tropper an 9/10. Wink

and with regards to your issue about replies and such, yes it's a very disappointing thing. It seems that most people aren't replying anymore. although you can always bet that El D34dlyto will be one of the first to reply if any #Tongue

Oshog
General

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, El D34dlyto likes replying to pwnifing things #Tongue

And I think that this suit actually makes movement more robotical. The armour just makes movement faster and enables the human to carry more weapons and gives better protection. I like it that way.

Machine
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@IVI AFV-factory
the fact of the movement looking to robotical, could be caused, because the parts of the model don't deform; but I'll keep that in mind for my next creation Wink

@El D34dlyto
Laughing Thanks for your support Smile

L()KI
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That is is 1 of the best i have ever laid my eyes on Surprised

gamemate
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quite good, I would brighten it some though, detailing is quite ok but it hardly shows up when this dark. Texture seems stretched in the large render, does not show up on the unit ingame and not on the cameo so it is fine.

I like the rigid animations as well, especially for this kind of unit. Cameo is fine for TS but a tad to dark for RA2, nothing hard too fix though for anyone with some patience.

Overall I like it Wink

Gaffel
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like it to, not many people can do infantry but you can Smile
I hope to se more from you

blubb
General

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the medieval shield is quiet disturbing otherwise its nice

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Gaffel
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Do you have squence?

Machine
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Should be in the readme; if it's not in it, here you have it;
BTW, there are 3 idle anims, pick one as cheer for RA2 #Tongue

[ZoneSequence]
Ready=0,1,1
Guard=0,1,1
Prone=104,1,1
Walk=8,12,12
FireUp=184,6,12
Down=104,1,1
Crawl=112,9,9
Up=0,1,1
FireProne=190,6,12
Idle1=298,21,0,E ;Idle1=340,21,0,E
Idle2=319,21,0,S
Die1=280,9,0
Die2=289,9,0
Die3=0,1,1
Die4=0,1,1
Die5=0,1,1
Struggle=0,6,0

Dupl3xxx
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Freaking nice #Tongue I love it

Elite_Pirate
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Awesome shp.
Just thought i should add this:

PrimaryFireFLH=100,-50,130

Same FLH's as for the Cyborg Commando, but they work pretty good if you want to give the trooper a cannon etc.

Raptor8
Grenadier

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice, but alittle oversized.

-Wraith88 on EA forums

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Machine
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Raptor8 wrote:
Nice, but alittle oversized.

I followed more the design of the starcraft's marine than the zone trooper.
As far as I remember some concept art made by Blizzard (Samwise), showed that the marine's leg is only in the upper part of the suit legs, the lower part was just mechanical components. This design is also present in a concept of the terran medic, which is in an even bigger suit.
Though this idea isn't present in the game, were the suit is just a bit bigger than the soldiers; or in the scale models that are sitting over the computer while I write this.

Anyways, you can always resize it with the basic tools for modding TS and RA2 (XCC Mixer, SHP Builder).

Devine Eclipse
Medic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Great work possibly the best infantry Shp I've Seen, no wonder this was spotlighted

Tourist: A person who travels a thousand miles to get a picture of himself standing by his car.

Machine
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Heh, thanks man, for showing your appreciation of my work, that's always a nice thing Wink.
However next time please check the last post date (on the lower right corner, of the last post), as topic bumping is not appreciated in the community (unless it's good and constructive, and not just an opinion).

Anderwin
General

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Machine: Everything in spotlight SHPS can you post in.

Is the same with the dato, hello is spotlighted why he can't post then?

If it was in the original shps tread then okey.

But he just say what he think about it, and is okey. I think so because is in the spotlight tread.

So leave he a long? And let he make some more comments, the author will like it Smile. Maybe he even finish the shp? or improve it?

Machine
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey Anderwin, I liked that he bumped the topic to show his appreciation of my work. I just tried to tell him to not make that a habit, since people do not like that. It was not meant to be an attack in any way Wink.

Anderwin
General

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I did not attack or angry on you.
If it feel like thats I sorry.

Anyways is a kickass shps dude.

Ordosherrscher
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It looks good but maybe a litle bit too dark. It doesn't fit really with the other GDI units like wolverines and titans Wink

Think of me as Nordos, 'cause Banshee wouldn't rename me

partyzanPaulZy
Commander

Location: laptop? ... otherwise the Czech Republic -> south Moravia Posts: long int Posts;

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In Allied recolor Very Happy it fits really good to RA2 Allied.

Don't blame the others if you haven't checked your own (in)ability in the first case.

darknessvolt!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmmmmmmm........ The feet looks like a juggernaut then the other looks like a Predator.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You're back? GTFO darknessvolt!!!
Also, how did I miss this? This looks really nice! Good job Machine Smile

CodeSys123
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i not understand wat your saying?

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Darknessvolt is a n00b who is banned from PPM, but trough the guest-system, he's back. So I said to him to GTFO (Get the f*ck out) Wink
I do hope that the second part of my post is clear to you...

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [27 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!