Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:53 am
All times are UTC + 0
Creating player specific starting points?
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
ColdSorrow
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:37 am    Post subject:  Creating player specific starting points?
Subject description: can individual players always start in same position?
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Im making this really cool multiplayer map in which 5 guys start together in a pentigonal like base and have one objective: kill the AI. This map is unique though; I copied the properties of visceriods to civilian units while giving them unique weapons. The challange is to basically make it through the rioting civilians and kill the AI lol! But I have a problem. I need to make it such that players (or atleast the AI) start in the same spot all the time. Is that possible?

Also, I'd like to try to scrip the AI such that they build certain vehicles human players cannot access while always being the same team. Thanks for any help given!

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You can't make a mission map with more than one human player. You need to make the four other players into friendly AI's.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Its not possible... Not for a multiplayer map anyway.
Have you thought about using this idea in a singleplayer map? Cause it is possible that way.

Titan
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Technically seen it's possible, it just requires loads of tweaking and I will not explain this, you'd have to make use of certain AI triggers and disable all the others and heavily mod the map, but like I said, I ain't explaining that. You're better off making a singleplayer map. Smile

ColdSorrow
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That sucks. But is it possible if I make AI only start at a spot, ignoring human players? I have seen this done before on an unkillable AI map where it always started in the center of the map and had to be the color gold. Am I thinking of something else?

Titan
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No that's enitrely possible, but it's buggy, you're thinking of GDI/Nod forcing here, I won't bother explaining that either, because it's too buggy for my liking and I don't like teaching others how to use buggy methods.

ColdSorrow
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Buggy as in what? It crashes all the time, is it unrelaible, does it screw with the game itself? Just give me a quick synopsis of what to do. And if I have trouble I can always look at similar map and figure it out. The primary issue im concerned with is getting the AI to start at a specific point; I dont care what army it is.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon