Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:06 am
All times are UTC + 0
What the hell is going on with my script!
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Alexander C Bukington
Grenadier

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:57 pm    Post subject:  What the hell is going on with my script!
Subject description: Executing wrong action
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok I'm making a multiplayer map in which civilian units spawn from human players opposite corners and attack you. Its similar to the AOD maps on zero hour. I know this wil lwork because I have seen it done on the map "In the Stil lof the Night". Anyway, I made the triggers correctly, with tags, teamtypes etc. but the wrong action is being executed! Instead of spawning banshees at a waypoint (action 80 I believe), an APC full of engineers spawns on my team and automaticaly attacks another AI player. I though mabey this issue has omething to do with Global AI Triggers so I deleted those from my map. Nothing changed. I opened up final sun and changed a few parapaters of the trigger, to make sure factions were correct. I tried to start up my map and I got a serious error message! Help me, whats going on with my trigger?

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Do me this favour:

Post up a picture of each: The Trigger main screen, The trigger event screen and the trigger action screen.

Oh and maybe the Taskforce, Team and script screen too..
Then i will be able to tell you your problem. Wink

Crash
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I belive an error you may have done is that you've selected tag in teamtypes.
Don't do that. It messes up!
I hope it is that. It helped for me once. Razz

Alexander C Bukington
Grenadier

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:53 pm    Post subject: the pics Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here you go, I took pics of everything just incase

teamtype.jpg
 Description:
teamtype page
 Filesize:  268.75 KB
 Viewed:  5229 Time(s)

teamtype.jpg

Alexander C Bukington
Grenadier

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

shit i forgot the rest

event.jpg
 Description:
events tab
 Filesize:  260.6 KB
 Viewed:  5221 Time(s)

event.jpg

options.jpg
 Description:
options
 Filesize:  256.17 KB

options.jpg

taskforce.jpg
 Description:
taskforces
 Filesize:  245.23 KB

taskforce.jpg

action.jpg
 Description:
action tab
 Filesize:  264.05 KB

action.jpg

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Simple... You forgot to add the script in the Team menu. Wink

Simple mistake... Let me know if it still does not work after you've added the script.

Crash
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Correct, the trigger is useless without the script.
You can go to tutorials if you need help, in finalsun in help menu or you could go to tutorial section here or at www.tiberiumweb.com Wink

Alexander C Bukington
Grenadier

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:41 am    Post subject: thanks Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

oh ok I didnt think scripts were necicarry for triggers. It works now

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

...And you are very welcome... Smile

As, IonTarget said, you should really read through some of the tutorials on here and, Tiberiumweb.com... They may come in handy for all of your future mapping needs. Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon