Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:04 pm
All times are UTC + 0
TS:RO Concept Artwork
Moderators: Rise of Omnius Staff, Machine
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 2 of 4 [182 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
blubb
General

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Boomers aren't that higly organic as described and shown in BGC 2040, in the original from kenichi sonoda and in the early AD Police files they just had a FEW parts organic material fused to robotics what made them atleast cybernetic, or in BGC simply called to "cyberdroids", mainly organic brains are the base to calculate A.I. and the rest of the body or a standart boomer like service droids, worker boomers and such, and atleast tuned ones of the mega corporations like genom for testing purposes or illegal serial sellings of combat boomers to 3th world countries.

Atleast i would love to see some of the old boomer designs beeing developed and moddet to fit your mod just like the BU 55c or especially the BU 12-b combat boomer cause they have a mass produce unit look and really could fit TS.
On the following link you can find a few of the old boomer images Smile
http://www.knightsabers.de/crisis/boomer/boomer.html

Plus i think westwoon once have watched BGC too because of the OMS overmind control system that's synchronized with an ioncannon like sattelite system ^^ just for the reccord of cnc inspiring theories.

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Machine
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks blubb. Yeah I know that they weren't highly organic, but their look when they go berserk is highly organic, specially in BGC 2040; this is design wise, since they're obviously made of synthetic parts. Anyways it was the easier and faster to way to explain what I was referring #Tongue

BGC Tokyo 2040 berserk boomers would fit better with CABAL, since they look more like cyborgs; though don't worry you will find units varying from pure mechanical monstrosities to reanimated corpses with the aid of cybernetic technology.

BTW every concept for CABAL units will be fused with original CABAL concepts by Westwood. And of course, with the creative touch of the member who works in it Laughing

EDIT:
Forgot to thanks our viewers, more than 1000 views of this topic, thanks for viewing our mod, and your support.

blubb
General

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ah btw just for another reccord, synthetics were the basic new main parts of a newer boomer technology dr. stingray worked on before he died, the developed serial type was the BU 55c, in the older series genom has tested various types of boomers, the BU 55c was able to "fuse" with dead materials, that gave him also an organic look body part wise, i can remember that he melt one of his arms with a chaingun that he ripped off of an AD Police chopper.

bah enough story telling, i'm looking positive forward to this mod and hope it doesn't dies like most mods do.

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hay blubb, did your TS mod come out yet? Very Happy

blubb
General

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

it's finished, i'll just wait for TsHyper's exe #Tongue
as i said it's not a biiiig mod.

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Machine
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@Desu: Please stay on topic Smile ; I won't do anything, though, I also wanted to ask that Laughing

BTW: Here's a new concept; first cyborg unit, though not buildable by Nod, it's for our beloved computerized friend Wink

Swarmling

Last edited by Machine on Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

wow...that's, eh, twisted. Is it eating someone?

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Machine
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No it isn't, since It was "eating" someone Laughing though technically it wouldn't eat, instead it would use it's arms and jaws to tear enemy infantry apart #Tongue

:hmm: cyborg infantry units will be like this; I mean a gross mix between human and machine; though I'm planning a nice fully mechanical look for cyborg vehicles; though they'll be cyborgs too, but just use organic components as internal pieces, especially the brain used as a support data processing unit; and their designs won't have a nice and recognizable human form.
However, for Nod's infantry cyborgs, they'll look like heavy armored infantry units; Nod's cyborg vehicles will have similar characteristics, though I'm planning things like a bigger number of arms and legs, they'll be bigger, but still recognizable as former humans.

BTW; I'm calling the evil and not buildable cyborgs, cyborgs just because, it has been agreed over the years to call them like that, though in RO a cyborg is strictly controlled by a human brain and assisted by computers. In the other case, they won't receive a specific technical name, but they'll be called cybernetic horrors, abominations, etc. #Tongue

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

IDK, I think they'd be better as sleek looking borg bots, instead of contorted and hideous monstrosties
:/
you're the boss XD

The Team Black Index

Oshog
General

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That is wicked mate. Love your style.

Corsair
Grenadier

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Team Black wrote:
IDK, I think they'd be better as sleek looking borg bots, instead of contorted and hideous monstrosties
:/
you're the boss XD

Looks good to me, it makes me want to kill it

Machine
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OMG, after the little conversation I had with Corsair about SC, I guess that SC has a big influence in my designs; just looked at my hydralisk figure over the subwoofer and my design really looks like a cyborg version of it Confused

BTW the evil cyborg infantry will have looks similar to this one #Tongue

Elerium-155
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nah, Hydralisk that ain't. Hydra was more of an Alien Xenomorph crossbreeded with a giant slug.

http://www.xcomufo.com/x1ufopaedia/pics/big/shot0082.png

Personally I think it looks more like a Reaper from UFO.

Blackster edit: image is now a link. Sorry but that thing is just so frekin ugly! XD[/b]

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Carryall concept. I have to admit, this is the laziest drawing I ever made!
no coloring, no shading, just lines.

Carrtall is my favorite unit in TS BTW, so I'm going to try and make the voxel for TS:RO look extra spiffy (when I have the time to work on it, that is #Tongue )

Carryall

The Team Black Index

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Team Black Index

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cool concepts you guys have so far. a couple of comments though. not to hard knock you guys but a couple suggestions.

@Blackster.
== major issue is perspective, you are pretty close but. theres alot of lines strewn in there and it just make it harder to read your concept.

Some other views would be helpful also since looking at a perspective view is kinda hard to gauge what the unit really looks like.. Neutral

@Machine:

You have good drawing skills. push your rendering skills further, that color job looks pretty snazzy.

I say add more more views....aswell. check out character turn arounds what I mean by that, if your not familar with that format.

and keep those perspective/anatomy issues in check.

Well thats all I have to say.

good luck with the mod . Wink

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
@BlackstEr.
== major issue is perspective, you are pretty close but. theres alot of lines strewn in there and it just make it harder to read your concept.

Well that's mostly because I'm lazy Very Happy.
The art I've posted here is mostly just for my personal reference for basic shape for when I make the voxels (On my sig are examples)... this is why they're so sloppy, and, eh, done in Paint.

Don't worry though, I will definitely be putting more work into the voxels themselves Wink

The Team Black Index

Mortecha
Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

For the pics in your sig, before you cut them out change the background colour to black or the blue colour that the writing is in, then cut and paste it to another paint canvas, then change the background to white, the edges will then just fade into the black or the darker colour of your choosing. this way it gets rid of the white outline once there cut and pasted on to the background of the sig. You probably wont believe it but my sig was done in paint lol #Tongue.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

heh lol...yeah, my sig is just a temporary 5 minute-job. Wink

Don't worry, soon's we get the next TS:RO internal pre-alpha completed i'm going to take some screens and make a real sig in photoshop.

The Team Black Index

Machine
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry for the lack of updates, as some of you might know, I had recently problems with my "modding" PC, it's motherboard died (Yeah, I know that I said before that it was the graphics car, but I was wrong).
I was able to post sporadically using another PC (an old Pentium II which is really unstable). But now I "fixed" my PC, so RO can continue normally.
I'm hoping to upload the next internal alpha this weekend, so we can show you at last some screenshots. Very Happy

Anyways I had a lot of "free time", recently, which I wasted, some of it, making concepts; so here you have 2 small concepts #Tongue

Cyborg Reaper
A Nod's Cyborg Reaper concept, as you see I had, sadly, to get rid of the skull face; the reason for this is that, if you have read the technological descriptions, Nod is no longer using reanimated corpses to make cyborgs, now they're just using heavily wound soldiers to make cyborgs.

Wolverine
GDI's heavy powersuit (name pending), this will replace my zone troopers (you will still see them, in an upgraded way, as GDI's law enforcing units).
This powersuit will have variable weapons systems during the campaign, in the form of commandos wearing different types of it.

Last edited by Machine on Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

Corsair
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, I just got back from my vacation, so maybe I can do some work before I start summer school... in four days Confused

Machine
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good to see you back Corsair #Tongue, sorry for replying late, I've been busy lately; though you must be at summer school now Laughing

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lol am I the only one on vacation here? lol

The Team Black Index

Corsair
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yea, I didn't have nearly as much free time as I thought I would have

Most of my days before Summer School was putting everything away from the vacation and then getting prepared for Summer School Laughing

Oh well Rolling Eyes

Corsair
Grenadier

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

All right, excuse the double post, but I just felt I had to redo the hydra-borg

I don't know why, probably just because I thought it was an interesting unit

(I won't be redoing anymore of your units Machine, no worries Smile)

Swarmling

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

that is absolutely hideous! nice work Corsair Very Happy

I saw some old Cabal concepts Westwood was planning to make, and this one caught my eye, since it had some considerable resemblance to out tripod borg here

The Team Black Index

Corsair
Grenadier

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Team Black wrote:
that is absolutely hideous! nice work Corsair Very Happy

I saw some old Cabal concepts Westwood was planning to make, and this one caught my eye, since it had some considerable resemblance to out tripod borg here

See, doesn't that picture just want to make you kill it? Laughing

The machine in that link looks nothing like I expected, just first thing in my mind when I think of CABAL is cyborgs I guess

Its still not something I'd want coming after me Laughing

Oshog
General

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I love it. Can't wait to see this beast roaming around maps. #Tongue

Machine
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Corsair wrote:
(I won't be redoing anymore of your units Machine, no worries Smile)

Don't worry, after seeing this, I would like that to happen Laughing

And yeah, it makes me want to kill it; to kill it with the biggest weapon available, just to see it disappear in one shot Laughing

Corsair
Grenadier

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I put this on Tibweb, but I feel that they would fit well with CABAL's side as well

I'm sure the crew has seen it, but I don't know if anyone else on this forum has

I also added a real quick Hover Transport sketch (Not sure if thats what Machine is really looking for, however)

GDI Hover APC
Cyborg 1
Cyborg 2

Machine
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I saw the cyborgs before; I guess that we could give them a selection voice that said in, a normal tone, "kill me", the other voices should be highly robotic in nature #Tongue

About the APC, close it's top, give it a machinegun, and that would be all.

BTW, are we, the staff members, the only ones who visit this? Laughing
2 weeks to more, then winter vacations Smile

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
BTW, are we, the staff members, the only ones who visit this

Soon's we make some announcements, we'll get some attention -

Soon's we get something worth announcing, we can make some announcements! Very Happy

Yea, I'll get to work on that Hover transport, unless Corsair wants to put up those changes that Machine suggested?

The Team Black Index

Corsair
Grenadier

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yea, I could do what Machine asked no problem

If you feel like you can do the voxel without the changes then go for it Smile

Corsair
Grenadier

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

By the way, make the APC kind of large, something borderline realistic... not overly large, but not too small... I always felt the original APCs just didnt look right unloading a squad of soldiers 3/4 the size of the APCs

The size of all the other vehicles are fine, it just bugs me about the APC

Hows this design (sort of ignore the turretlike thing on top of the APC for now, its an idea Team Black and I are messing with)

GDI Hover APC

Zodiac
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Those are so great sketches i don't know how cool the models will look like!

Machine
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Do not worry we will try our best to make the models, be it voxels or shps Wink

Crash
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

WoW! Excellent!

Corsair
Grenadier

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

All righty, done a real quick sketch of the Hand of Nod

If you like it, and if you want, I'll go further into detail on it if necessary Machine

I'll need to talk to Harv/|)ark about the other vehicles

His mod has been inactive for quite a while, and I would like to see them be used in something

Recon Tank
Hover Tank
Crewman
Anti-Tank
I'm sure most have seen this in Earth Evolved.
Hand of Nod

Corsair
Grenadier

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oshog
General

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dude, your work totally pwns my into the ground. That is a much better Hand Of Nod.

Though the GDI Soldat does look a bit wierd because of the angle he is standing. Too much attention to the butt #Tongue

Machine
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crewman is definitely going to be used, as crewman infantry Laughing
I like the HoN sketch looks quite original, though a bit GDIsh, however moving the hand from the center to a side, gives it uniqueness #Tongue
Barracks is going to be used as GDI barracks, but it has missing droppod designs.
I like the robotic wolverine, I'll find a use4d for it.
About the other units I dunno, since I don't want to add too many units, but they could be used as special units for missions.

And don't worry Corsair, I'll start to work again on the mod really soon (just a week)

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well, looks like the voxelorz have our work cut out Very Happy
we gotta get Harv back doin stuff again. .

The Team Black Index

Corsair
Grenadier

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yea, Harv and CDMT, they both look like they've just vanished Surprised

z wrote:
Too much attention to the butt #Tongue

You guys and your butt-phobias Laughing

And - Wow, I just put these up this morning and already almost 80 views! That looks good to me! Smile

Harv
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

no way, vanished, pffff

i just don't post unless its needed, plus iv been gone on some real life shit, but iv recently returned to the groove #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Corsair
Grenadier

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So does that mean Harv has his mojo back!? Smile

Harv
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

oh, the mo and the jo are in the house, ive got all summer now, and that means all the time in the world

View user's profile Send private message Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
shinji
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

wow cool, but i just noticed u know ur heavty apc it looks like a thunderhawk gunship(well atleast the front)

Corsair
Grenadier

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

(Googles it)

Yea it does look similar on the front, does hold a resemblance to the valkyrie from starcraft as well (love that game Smile )

Working on the infantry Razz

Droppod Marine

Last edited by Corsair on Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

Machine
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Corsair wrote:
Yea it does look similar on the front, does hold a resemblance to the valkyrie from starcraft as well (love that game Smile )

Who doesn't? Laughing

BTW it does look somewhat similar to both, though it's an APC, Laughing

Corsair
Grenadier

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, I actually just put that up for reference for any future units

I redid the Hover APC, so the one we're talking about is really "scrapped"

However, if you want to keep it then that will be fine too Smile

(By the way, edited my post after you typed your latest post here Machine, stuck in the Drop Pod Marine)

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 2 of 4 [182 Posts] Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon