Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:16 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Brotherhood of Steel Templar [WIP]
Moderators: Fallout Wars Moderators, IVI
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [22 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
IVI
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:47 pm    Post subject:  Brotherhood of Steel Templar [WIP] Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

here's the BOS Templar. (they didn't really have Templars in Fallout and Fallout 2.... it's just a term I made up for Paladins with Sledgehammers #Tongue) Masters of melee, Templars are feared by the enemies of the brotherhood. Templars are armed with specially designed Brotherhood Super Sledges that can deliver a very powerful kinetic punch. Also, Super Sledges can discharge a lethal jolt of electricity upon impact; increasing it's lethal power.

Notes: The Red cape is the remappable part. The cape isn't part of the 3d model, I just add it in paint... to every damned frame :GROAN:. the shadows were added via photoshop... I haven't gotten around to adding them to the Templar SHP yet.

and now... I'm REALLY leaving for the provinces for 4 days... trip got delayed this noon so I had to postpone Very Happy

IVI Templar proto.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  21.58 KB
 Viewed:  10302 Time(s)

IVI Templar proto.PNG

IVI Templars.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  58.15 KB
 Viewed:  10302 Time(s)

IVI Templars.PNG

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm sorry, IVI, but i personaly do not like it... It looks more like something from "Dawn of war" than it does something from, Tiberian sun, or something that would fit tiberian sun, I'm not sure why i think this... It's just i'm quite picky about things that look more like they came from the Generals universe, than things that actualy look like they would fit or come from the Tiberium universe... Appologies if this gets you down. Sad

IVI
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aro wrote:
It looks more like something from "Dawn of war"
uh, I wasn't inspired by Force Commander or Librarian when I made this... honest Confused

Aro, it's not meant for TS Neutral. If you've played Fallout before, you'd know and feel the POWAH of the Supersledge Very Happy . and my mod's not about the TS universe anymore but Fallout (you're one of the ones who voted for this am I right?). Templars will be the Shock troops of the Brotherhood of Steel Wink

but thanks for being frank. I like that Smile

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, That'd be why then, My mistake, Sorry and thanks. Smile

IVI
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

no need to apologize Wink

between you and me, I was inspired by 300 and Kingdom of Heaven when I made this Very Happy

Robopope99
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think the cape looks nice, actually. To bad with 3dcanvas you can't texture too well. Looks decent so far.

IVI
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:22 pm    Post subject: a teaser Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

robopope99 wrote:
To bad with 3dcanvas you can't texture too well

idd. Well, 3dsmax wont install properly in my pc no matter what I do; so I just have to settle for 3dcanvas for now.

anyway,
here's a teaser to those interested Wink Wink Wink

I've done all of the attack frames, run frames and ready frames. all that needs to be done are the idle, death and crawl . no crawl attack though, as the Templars suddenyl jump from prone to attack #Tongue (actually, I just can't think how a crawling templar could possibly do a melee attack Very Happy )

so here's a sample.... you can bet it'll be finished (with the cape) by saturday Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

ivitemplarattack.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  13.99 KB
 Viewed:  10270 Time(s)

ivitemplarattack.gif

Oshog
General

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Brothers! Tonight we dine in HELL!

Gotta love your infantry mate. But the same suggestion goes in here. The red cape is magnificent though, very respectfull and all Smile

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bit... jumpy... But I suggest most of Brotherhood infantry... to be a bit more bulky...

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow. the animation is pretty good. and I am pretty impressed you are animating the PIXEL by PIXEL..FRAME by FRAME! that speaks for itself. lol

Awesome work as usual. Wink

Robopope99
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't know how it would work in the game with a 8-9 ft guy jumping up and down swinging a sledge, but then again it is different and looks great.

Machine
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wink You have a nice infantry unit there IVI. I really like the concept of it, Laughing I love melee units; that's the reason why RO currently has 3 buildable units of this type, and I was planning at least another one Laughing ;though, too bad that there's no dog logic in TS Sad

It's a really impressive piece of artwork, but it seems that the rendering angle is a bit off, and the handle of the hammer doesn't look too good being just 1 pixel wide, you should make it wider, since in bigger resolutions it won't be too noticeable #Tongue; and the armor has too little variation, something like a darker shade of gray in the boots and gauntlets could do it #Tongue

However, the unit is already nice now; I know that pixel editing an infantry is tedious work, so I could understand if you don't want to correct it.
BTW I'm looking forward to more impressive work from you #Tongue

IVI
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hello guys, sorry for not posting updates.... I was in the provinces (no internet Mad ) and just got back a few hours ago.

adding the cape proved to be a more arduous task than I imagined, but I assure you... I'm very excited to how it would look that I'm hastening on putting it in.

I've done pretty muvh 75% of the BOS Templar Brother, and I have to say that I like how it turned out so far.

I sharpened the edges and details a bit, I hope it'll look ok... If I finish it tomorrow I'll post screenies Wink Wink

now, to answer some questions:

1.)
Quote:
but it seems that the rendering angle is a bit off, and the handle of the hammer doesn't look too good being just 1 pixel wide, you should make it wider, since in bigger resolutions it won't be too noticeable

A: thickening the sledge hammer looks somewhat weird Sad . I thickened it a bit though... in areas where it was too thin.

2.)
Quote:
I don't know how it would work in the game with a 8-9 ft guy jumping up and down swinging a sledge

A: well, hehe... I think it's justifiable because BOS paladins wear T-51b Power Armor... and in Fallout and Fallout2, people's heights increase by a foot and half when they wear power armor Very Happy (and the fact that shrinking the 3d model any further ruins the already few details it has Sad )

3.)
Quote:
PIXEL by PIXEL..FRAME by FRAME!

A: you have no idea.... #morning .... it's all worth it though Very Happy

4.)
Quote:
Bit... jumpy... But I suggest most of Brotherhood infantry... to be a bit more bulky...

A: yeah, but the attack frames' are already 10 for each direction... adding more would make it appear ridiculously slow... I'll work on that jumpiness though.... and I'll try to make the ranged BOS paladins a bit bulkier

5.)
Quote:
The red cape is magnificent though, very respectfull and all

A: glad you think so... I'l need a new pair of eyes after this #Shocked

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Maybe it shouldn't attack from up but rather go diagonaly from lower right to upper left(for how templar is facing of course)

IVI
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The BOS Templar Brother is 50% done!

ATM it should've been 90% done but I encountered yet another problem in-game. I.e., the original BOS Templar lacked sharpnes, and the run animation was ridiculous.

So I redid the run animation and the die animation, and sharpened the Templar by use of the dodge and sharpen tool in photoshop

and so far, Im satisfied with it; the Run, Attack, Guard and Die animations are done, and I stil have to do the Crouch, Crouchmove, Crouch Attack, Idle1, Idle2, Die2, Die3, Die4, Die5 and Stand animations.... and the shadows of course Wink

sorry for the delay, it's my 2nd infantry SHP and Im still learning..

I've included initial pics and improved pics Smile

Templar ingame.PNG
 Description:
inital
 Filesize:  202.04 KB
 Viewed:  10150 Time(s)

Templar ingame.PNG

templar.PNG
 Description:
initial
 Filesize:  180.51 KB

templar.PNG

tempalr.PNG
 Description:
improved
 Filesize:  99.79 KB

tempalr.PNG

tempalr2.PNG
 Description:
improved
 Filesize:  119.32 KB

tempalr2.PNG

tempalr3.PNG
 Description:
improved
 Filesize:  139.95 KB

tempalr3.PNG

IVI
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Templar ~60% complete

50% of shadows done Smile

templars.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  167.35 KB
 Viewed:  10130 Time(s)

templars.png

Mortecha
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Great work IVI. I cant wait to see enclave troopers with the templars working out so well.

Mr. Pokey
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Why is there a tiberium tree sitting on that building in the last picture?

Organised Rules.ini by Judeau

IVI
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@ Dregan: I'll do the Enclave too, but they're currently down the list of things to do Smile

@ Mr. Pokey:
clipping error Very Happy . TS is not 3d and that building's very tall, so technically, it's 'spread out' over a larger area and the Blossom Tree animation runs over the building SHP.

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Damn... make infantry... larger...

Oshog
General

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Actually, make your tanks 10% bigger :p

IVI
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thanks for the suggestion El D34dlyto, I'll be making new tank voxels for the mod.... scarier, more intimidating tanks, 20% bigger, 400% tougher Twisted Evil

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [22 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon