Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:22 pm
All times are UTC + 0
XCC WOL IRC Server
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 7:44 pm    Post subject:  XCC WOL IRC Server Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

XWIS is the latest news from Olaf Van Der Spek. It stands for XCC Westwood IRC Server and it's the first known third party "WOL" exclusive for Red Alert 2 (non-YR) players. It will work with together XCC Multiplayer Filter and XCC White List  in an attempt to have a server cheat-free. Unfortunatelly, it's not online all the time due to lack of server to host it. To help people to use it, Olaf has written a tool which you can get here. For more info and support, check XCC Homepage.

Last edited by Banshee on Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:04 pm; edited 2 times in total

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i wish someone would make a program that alowed u to play Internet games through direct IP address

its only a matter of time before WW/EA shut down the TS servers it maybe a year or 2 or 4 but its going to happen

and when it does thats the end of mplay except LAN (not many ppl have these) or modem which is useless for non ISP connections like mine (ADSL)

so, is a research in store for this one ?

hellfire
Commander

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If EEA ever shuts down there servers they'd (if they were smart) would release everything needed so you can set up your own server at home.

All hail me

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

do remember this is ea

E crappy A
unless we start asking them now i bet theres still a minor chance it will happen

but yes HOPEfully they will
and
HOPEfully someone will do it Wink

hellfire
Commander

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ya we can hope like I saw that they did this with Renegade so we can hope

All hail me

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

damn... I missed a chat with them yesterday Sad... I could have asked Sad

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

theres always a next time Smile

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yea, it will... and will be probably about a Generals Expansion... well, let's see if they also talk about supporting the old games Wink...

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Eternal2u
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well independant server for ren is in developemtn so obviously there is people out there talented enough to amek independant servers only prob is you ahve to worry about EA sueing..so lets hope EA will encourage new servers instead of deter...

also there is always gayspy..i mean gamespy...

kopaka649
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hmm
ea manages renegade wol but if that goes down, there'll always be a REOL (now if only that would work)

Kravvitz
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Eternal2u wrote:
well independant server for ren is in developemtn so obviously there is people out there talented enough to amek independant servers only prob is you ahve to worry about EA sueing..so lets hope EA will encourage new servers instead of deter...

hopefully

Eternal2u wrote:
also there is always gayspy..i mean gamespy...

yeah but you have to pay to play on Gamespy Sad

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!