Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:28 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Adding Shores Correctly (*)
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Crash
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:05 pm    Post subject:  Adding Shores Correctly (*)
Subject description: How to add shores correctly, For newbies
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This tutorial is rated 1(*) star because it's really dead simple.

Start by disabling the autoshore feature.

You need the add-on called Marble Madness for finalsun to easily add shores. Now go into marbe madness mode by clicking that 3D box icon by the toolbar

Now when you have some water, you have to add shores. When the shore pieces are connected through the brown line at the end of the shore piece in marble madness view, it will look correct. Except for a certain thing which I'll explain later.

Start adding the shores. It looks like this in the marble madness mode:

And this is in normal view:

Now complete the rest in marble madness.

Now to that certain thing where marble madness doesn't show the correct way to connect shores ...
The way to add them is marked red, the wrong way (which looks correct in MM) is marked black.

Remember to not make the water blocky or straight. The auto shore feature isn't very good, as it usually repeats shors and makes many errors. You may use it, however, I recommend adding the shores by hand, manually, because this often yields better results.

Key Words: #Tutorials #Mapping #TiberianSun #Firestorm #FinalSun #MarbleMadness 

Last edited by Crash on Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:03 pm; edited 2 times in total

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I Never used marble madness to add shores manualy, And i still always got good results. Wink

By the way... My marble madness does not show shores in the way that your marble madness does. Confused

Any chance you can upload your version for me to download please? Smile

Crash
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ARO, Seems like a problem with your temperate.ini\snow.ini in your sun directory.
Take this one and put it in your sun directory, then it should work Wink

snow.ini
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  snow.ini
 Filesize:  23.06 KB
 Downloaded:  564 Time(s)

temperat.ini
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  temperat.ini
 Filesize:  25.92 KB
 Downloaded:  524 Time(s)

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, i thought that... Thank You, IonTarget. Smile

Crash
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No problem mate Smile

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Can you please PM me those files too, because the downloads dont work Sad

Crash
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry for the late response.
I have sent them to you now. Wink

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You did not have to reply to the topic saying that you had sent them to him, Via PM, Dude. Neutral

Styledatol
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, had a smiliar problem ones, it happens if you use the original snow and temp files (the ones that are in the TS mix file). Seems that they don't like the marble madness shores (funny thing is, every other thing works fine, only shores don't).

So to get it to work properly, just download thone files from PPM or any other site.

Maritimus
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:12 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I know this topic is a bit old Laughing
But I need the snow and temp files that fix the shore in marble madness, and the old attachments don't work anymore.
Could someone post a new link please ?

0warfighter0
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Now your on it, I could use them to Razz

Crash
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here you go.

Replying to an old comment:
Quote:
You did not have to reply to the topic saying that you had sent them to him, Via PM, Dude.

Whaat? You did not have to reply saying I shouldn't do that here; it brings the topic more off-topic and it also makes you a hypocrite. Very Happy (Just kidding of course, this is really a long time ago.)

marble INIs.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  marble INIs.rar
 Filesize:  8.72 KB
 Downloaded:  487 Time(s)

0warfighter0
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks! Very Happy

Maritimus
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, thank you. Wink

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crash wrote:
Here you go.

Replying to an old comment:
Quote:
You did not have to reply to the topic saying that you had sent them to him, Via PM, Dude.

Whaat? You did not have to reply saying I shouldn't do that here; it brings the topic more off-topic and it also makes you a hypocrite. Very Happy (Just kidding of course, this is really a long time ago.)

Yeah, whatever. Razz And STOP calling me a hypocrite without a valid reason, it's getting really annoying.

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Someone should edit the Marble Madness tileset and fix those shore tiles, so they actually show half of the tile as "shore" instead of just the dark blue line at the edge. That way, the corner cliff connections will become more obvious.

Then again, it's prolly better to just remove that brown triangle on the orner cliff tiles...

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon