Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:31 pm
All times are UTC + 0
True Multiple MCVs
Moderators: Global Moderators, VK
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [26 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

True Multiple MCVs
Needs to be done!
86%
 86%  [ 44 ]
Doesn't matter either way.
9%
 9%  [ 5 ]
Don't, it would be a waist of time.
3%
 3%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 51

MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:58 pm    Post subject:  True Multiple MCVs Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

True Multiple MCVs in ETS.

OK so I have been post about this quite a few places but I guess this is really the place to put this instead of the RP forums. Laughing I just have been trying to get some attention to this feature that in my eyes is one of the more important things that should be done for ETS.

And I'm sure I'm not the only one would would really like to see this so i have set up a poll to see how many people really are interested in this. Because from what i can see no one really seems interested. So CnCVK doesn't really know if its worth doing.

And I really don't think it would be that hard, The Ra2 engine can be used for a guide line for it. And from my guess is it would only require the change for starting units...

So every one vote and let this be know that it should be done.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've found a work around for this issue some years ago, but this turns your rules.ini to a big mess.

m666
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My god, not that mystic reference to that 'miracle' you have. One day, will you please tell us how you did it? Come now.

View user's profile Send private message Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Really? How was this? Does this have some thing to do along of having two mcvs at start?

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, Bansh why don't you tell us? The community is about sharing ( thats why its a community ), not exclusive features for a mod.

Creagor
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think this is a fair goal to set for a future ETS release, as it is somthing people have been trying to do for years.

I think banshee's method uses the starting uinits. The amount that apear is defined by cost rather than physical amount, to I reckon that if you could get the MCV costing the right amount, you could get it to appear 100% of the time, no matter what starting unit value you set. I did a bit of research into that a while ago, but it came to nothing, so I suspect that that is only a part of it. Cmo'n bansh, you know you want to tell us Wink

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I thought it was the points value which determined the probability of units starting? Ah well could be wrong.

Creagor
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

To be honest, I can't remember too well, its ages scince I messed with it. The points is used for endgame scores AFIK.

VK
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmmm..Probably I will done it.
Now the most problem, that sometimes you have "pls reinstall error".

Quote:
And I really don't think it would be that hard, The Ra2 engine can be used for a guide line for it. And from my guess is it would only require the change for starting units...

Never suggest such thing.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It is not a waste of time. I'm sick of trying to choose between fully remapped MCV or with a "neutral colour" MCV...

djohe
Cyborg Informer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I voted yes but there is one/several more thing I want in this case.

The whole third side logic. I hate these issues with Tiberian Sun.

Not able to use your own loading screens for the Third Side (or is this already fixed in ETS, I think I saw something in the game.exe)

Have to stick with the Cabal(NOD side) speech for the Third side.

And last two I have an issue with currently: Sidebars and the Hunter Seeker for Third Side (the Sidebar issue was fixed in RockPatch but that was for RA2:YR's Yuri side). Ahhh yes the SIDEC03.MIX thing.

Machine
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Please don't turn this topic into a request topic, I guess that C&CVK already had enough of that #Tongue

BTW, I voted yes, since it's a really cool feature; though I must say that RO is not going to use the ETS, since your last version rejects custom changes to the exe AFAIK. My guess is than that should be a top priority.

MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

C&CVK wrote:
Hmmm..Probably I will done it.
Now the most problem, that sometimes you have "pls reinstall error".

Quote:

Never suggest such thing.

What reinstall error? I havent got that... Is it some thing from ETS? because tbh i havent tryed ETS yet...

And why not suggest useing the ra2 engine as guid line? the ra2 engine was just a modifided verison of the engine used by ts... Though i dont know how much or what was changed in ra2...

Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee didn't find a turnaround I believe. He told me I was right when I said there was none. Is he trying to attract the attention? If he actually DOES have a turnaround, then why doesn't he post it? TS modding should be free for everyone, knowledge should be shared, not kept in secret! Final Dawn's not getting released any time soon anyway, so why not just tell us? TW's out, for the love of Earth! It's been SIX years since you knew the secret, why not tell us now? Come on! I bet we should make a poll on wether Bansh should reveal everything or not.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've found a turn around and, as I said above, it's too messy. But you guys have a point... there is no need to hide it anymore. As Creagor said above, I've played with the prices from starting units. The starting MCV gets like $6000 and all other starting units get $0. That way, the MCV will always start with only one. All buildable units must not start in multiplayer. And the BaseUnit= must not be the MCV. Also, to force AI to deploy its MCV, give it a weapon with range 255 that forces it to deploy to fire.

This way each side has a different MCV, you don't need to hack the .dll file to cut the bases option, but you must start with more than one unit. If your starting unit dies and you still have MCVs, you'll die Laughing. The starting units get promoted to elite even if they kill a stupíd light infantry and there are more bugs. Honestly, I prefer if VK or someone else could make an option to add a new MCV than having to use this messy solution to have multiples MCVs working.

MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well ya that does sound a bit buggy, but I could see it working, though starting units at $0 does bother me... my guess is you would have to make dummy units for say...

About the option... Ya thats a good idea but tbh i couldn't see a way for a him to make it so it activated... or not.

I think it would be better just to make it work by hacking...

roani52
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Can this also be used for the third, fourth and fifth side???

It seems to me a cool idea, it has to be done..

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yea, it can.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There is an important thing about this trick that I have to tell. If your game crash in the 7th message, your problem is simple: lack of starting units.

The starting units with cost 0 must have a prerequisite higher than 0. However, you must give some buildings as prerequisites that you know that the player will never be able to build or capture.

MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OK so I'm gonna go ahead and post this here...

So ya I'm trying this hack thing, and am getting almost no positive results. One of the main problems I'm having is after I deploy the mcv I cant build shit... prerequisite has no effect on the basic power plant... And even on some thing like the NAHAND... Meaning If I deploy a nod mcv into a NACNST the power plant would have to have a prerequisites to be to the NACNST... But its not working... So i put NACNST in the conyard list up at the top hoping that maybe it needed to know if it was a conyard... But still nothing...

Another thing thats not working is the starting units... So I made some dummy units for say... cost is at 0, tech level of 1 and all other build able units are not allowed to start in multiplayer... But the problem is they wont start unless they cost some thing...

Also the fact that you say the starting unit cannot be the MCV bothered me... So I put another dummy unit (a dummy Engineer) as the starting unit for both sides... Witch sucks! OK so does this unit have to have a cost...? because like I said if the cost is 0 it wont start the game will freeze while loading..

Has any one got this to work or knows how it works so that can help me out?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You can also try cost $1 and it won't prevent your MCV from starting.

Also, make sure your buildings are owned by your new faction and civilian faction.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I voted yes, since it is a pretty big feature. Though perhaps NOT implementing this would stop everyone from adding CABAL or Scrin...

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@Banshee
You should just give your "dummy" starting units "Trainable=no", which will prevent them from getting promoted. Until now I actually only got a third (or just custom) MCV to work by adding "AllowedToStartInMultiplayer=No" to all units but the new MCV(s) and disabling "Bases" and "Short game", so your way is good enough (it's actually a little better, since it allows you to have starting units).

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Also, make sure your buildings are owned by your new faction and civilian faction.

I was hoping that this wouldn't be a requirement. Then the other factions will have the 3rd factions' stuff in black & unavailable, with the AI voice nagging you about imaginary "new construction options" all the time.

EDIT: But wait a sec... if each side has individual conyards, that won't happen though would it?

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I haven't had any "new construction options" annoyance yet.

OK so I finally got it working a little... Got GDI and nod split, but am still having a problem with to many mcvs at start...

And also AI not building at all If there nod... I guess its because of the new side I made... But I don't know... Is there some thing I have to do to make the AI work.

Jenkins
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry to inerject in the middle of your conversation. Deal with it.

I don't think it would be such a great idea, since taking care of one base requires plenty of baby-sitting in itself.
However; if you are planning on a game setting of "unholly" technology, then, at least, take away some of the supperpowers for an even, more enjoyable game.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [26 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon