Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:37 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Adding new terrain textures
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [18 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Stygs
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 6:06 pm    Post subject:  Adding new terrain textures
Subject description: just an idea for a mod
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i am trying to get more texturen into WB via a small mod (mainly snow textures from BFME2) and i wondering:
should i release it here (since i has to do with mapping) or is it not worth the time, because you cant play online with it?

Any opinions?

Small test: (TS fans should remember the ground texture)

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That texture looks like shit. Too repetitive...Though Renegade, BFME/BFME2 should have some good textures to apply to the game. Smile

Stygs
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Razz

Soviet_Deso
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the snow map looks great Very Happy only need to add some snow on the structures and thats it #Tongue

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't think the cracky texture looks too bad, just add some more curves to the chasms.

Mighty BOB!
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Have you normal-mapped the new textures?

I myself am also plannning on adding new textures to include with my mod that I shall be releasing.

Could you please explain how you added those new textures? I've tested all of my textures in the Zero Hour WB (without the normal maps) but I have no idea how to do it with TW because of the funky compression and the lack of mod SDK.

Stygs
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeah, all of the have their proper normal maps Smile
Snow textures are taken from BFME2, so I dindt need to make nromal maps for them ^^

Adding new textures is very easy:

First: Extract terrain.ini from your misc.big (its not compressed like xml files, so its pretty easy Wink

Then add your new textures into it like this:

Terrain TSCrackedGround
Texture = TSCrackedGround.tga
Class = Type Misc
End

Terrain is the name displayed in Worldbuild
Texture ist the name of the tga file (normal maps allways use "filename+_nrm", so in this case it would be TSCrackedGround_nrm.tga)
Class is used for the WB texture browser

Them make a new BIG file with finalBIG, somethin like NewTerrain.big.
Now add your terrain.ini into it (path must be "data/ini/terrain.ini) and your textures (both go into "art/terrain/" =>"art/terrain/TSCrackedGround.tga" and "art/terrain/TSCrackedGround_nrm.tga")

Put your NewTerrain.big into "\Core\1.0" and add it into config.txt (should be the first entry).

Start your WB and you should have some new textures Wink

EDIT: your right, it should be terrain.ini instead textures.ini Smile

Last edited by Stygs on Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

Mighty BOB!
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh, so it is almost the same as Zero Hour after all. Smile

(and you accidentally typed textures.ini instead of terrain.ini Wink )

Here is a real quick & dirty texture replacement on Tiberium Gardens III. (just for illustration purposes, I'm not keeping the changes.) A few different textures are replaced (and a few new objects in the scene.)

[edit] In-game shots:

[/edit]

Worldbuilder 2007-04-24 15-32-42-75.jpg
 Description:
Quick & dirty texture replacement.
 Filesize:  232.64 KB
 Viewed:  15302 Time(s)

Worldbuilder 2007-04-24 15-32-42-75.jpg

SoD.X
Medic

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks HAWT even as it is now !
only 7 fps in world builder ?!

Unreal Tournament 3 Total Conversion to C&C: Renegade
www.renegade2007.com

Mighty BOB!
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You know it is a resource hog.

No, it is because WB doesn't do 100% realtime rendering like the game. So FPS reports are different.

Mighty BOB!
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Now with moar snow:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y110/mightybob2000/Mod/Worldbuilder2007-05-1215-17-45-53.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y110/mightybob2000/Mod/Worldbuilder2007-05-1215-17-46-50.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y110/mightybob2000/Mod/Worldbuilder2007-05-1215-17-50-43.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y110/mightybob2000/Mod/Worldbuilder2007-05-1215-17-52-20.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y110/mightybob2000/Mod/Worldbuilder2007-05-1215-18-03-34.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y110/mightybob2000/Mod/Worldbuilder2007-05-1215-18-10-12.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y110/mightybob2000/Mod/Worldbuilder2007-05-1215-18-16-03.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y110/mightybob2000/Mod/Worldbuilder2007-05-1215-18-19-09.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y110/mightybob2000/Mod/Worldbuilder2007-05-1215-18-21-82.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y110/mightybob2000/Mod/Worldbuilder2007-05-1215-17-54-37.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y110/mightybob2000/Mod/Worldbuilder2007-05-1215-18-32-87.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y110/mightybob2000/Mod/Worldbuilder2007-05-1215-18-52-56.jpg

(fyi it is just a texture test, not a real map)

SoD.X
Medic

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OMG is this snow ?
wait do they got normal maps on them ?
if with normal maps , are they allowed for download Smile ?

www.renegade2007.com

zdflamer2
Shrapnel Sniper

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thats pretty sweet, shame we have to wait to add snowed up structures. if people are gonna add snow to structures i think they shud atleast cover all the flat parts with white snow, it just looks better

Mighty BOB!
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes everything has normal maps. But I'm not planning on making a standalone texture pack. It'll be part of a mod.

SoD.X
Medic

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Damn , then it means i have to find a way to add textures my self Confused
because my next map was based on snow layout.
Right after i finish my 600X600 map with up to 8 players i will start remaking my snowy map which i made a while ago for TS .

www.renegade2007.com

Mighty BOB!
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

SoD.X
Medic

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is there a way to add reflection map on terrain textures ?
or at least a way to add cube maps on terrain textures ?
Would be neat to have an ice terrain texture which would reflect the environment .

www.renegade2007.com

Mighty BOB!
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't know. I hope there is for the same reason you do. I figure we'll find out once we have good access to the internal files with the SDK.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [18 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum