Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:40 pm
All times are UTC + 0
I am gonna make a single player map!
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
idjit626
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 5:28 am    Post subject:  I am gonna make a single player map!
Subject description: Just for fun!
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok how can I do the fallowing things.

-Make it so a unit enters a trigger, moves to a cretin cell/square and is teleported to another (not player) specified location.

-Dose someone have a modified .ini will all those hidden units unlocked? (heavy tank cargo truck ext...)

-How do I, in the start of the map, make a APC with people in it come in from off the side and the camera fallow it for a little while till you can control it?

-Where is that extra terrain stuff like the cement ledges and stuff? (I used search)

-Where is the marble tileset for Final Sun that makes it o-so-easy to do cliffs!

I will prolly think of more kthxbai!

^OWNED^

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Look up enabling new units/adding new weapons. etc... or simply beta units in TS. its a pretty easy thing to do. Wink just watch out for the JEEP.hva your going to have to find the fixed one.

and getting familiar with Mapping, since thats the bulk of your problem. (making a single player mission)

Its going to take time. because its deals with pretty advance topics. messing with triggers and the AI as far as scripting events (apc intro) and....not sure if teleporting will work the way you want it to. among other things you want to employ to make your mission more believable.

Look up tutorials on that. and DCoder's AI editor will help.

Ok. your looking for the TS terrain expansion. and also look up Final Sun. Marble Madness. for the Cliff framework mode. its floating around here somewhere.

-good luck

idjit626
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If all else fails here is how I will do it.

Make the unit I want to be teleported a special one, with a custom destruction animation. (for the teleported effect)

When you send it to the teleport pad it gets destroyed and looks like the teleport is working.

Than it triggers the same unit (this one normal no special destruction) to appear in the spot I want it to be teleported to?

That might work!

^OWNED^

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yea its possible. since in RA1 they made the giant ants appear of pretty much out the middle of nowhere via waypoints.

another solution would be giving the "teleporting" unit subterranean locomotor replace the DIG anim and sound with the teleport anim. or sound. an presto chango.... #Tongue

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon