Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:27 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Interview with frank klepacki
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Chrisse
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 1:51 pm    Post subject:  Interview with frank klepacki
Subject description: ATTENSION: NOT MY INTERvIEW
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well, i found this on www.gamingeye.com and found it somehow intersting.

the interview is written by: Tesla7zap

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Frank!
I really appreciate that you took your time to make this interview. Anyway, we better get started. Before i start overwhelm you with questions, please - introduce yourself to the swedish fans!

Hello Sweden!
I'm Frank Klepacki, the composer/recording artist that wrote all the Command & Conquer music (except for the Generals series). For your listening pleasure, come to my website www.frankklepacki.com and listen to your favorite songs in great streaming quality! (no they are not downloadable so please refrain from asking - hehe)

I've written for dozens of other titles as well, having written over 70 albums worth of music for all these games, including Dune 2000, The Lion King, Nox, Blade Runner, and Monopoly just to name a few! Not to mention the cds I put out of my own projects and bands, which you'll find on my website www.frankklepacki.com as well under "projects".

When did you get hired by Westwood Studios? And how come they hired you?

1991, right after I graduated high school. They were expanding their audio department and I showed interest at the right time, and they were impressed by my demos I had made on my own. I initially was at Westwood as a game tester!

What do you use when you create your music? Is it computer software programs or real instruments?

Both - I only use soft synths occasionaly, I'm still very much into using
hardware synths and samplers as my main source of sounds. I also have real
instruments like guitar and bass that I play myself.

What was the last thing you did for Westwood Studios and what did you feel when EA closed them down?

Last thing I did was Earth and Beyond. It was a shock to us all that one day we had to pack up and leave. Definately a sad day, but in an obscure way, it was also a relief from the stress we were all under, wondering if anymore lay-offs were going to happen.

What are you currently doing? Any upcoming projects?

I am working on a project right now but it's confidential for the time being...

When did you start making music? What are your hobbies except the music?

I've been writing my own music since high school. I learned to play guitar, bass, drums, and keyboard at an early age, and I was very into recording studios and computers. It all just came together for me and made me realize what my destiny would be. I'm also a decent artist as a hobby, though back in school I was equally good at both. Obviously the music prevailed and the art took a back seat. But I still do art for fun.

If EA asked you to make music for another C&C game, would you accept the offer or not?

Yes I would. C&C is a huge part of my life and a massive amount of music I've written, and the music continues to have staying power with the fans. I would like to see them go back to the Tiberian era - that would be a lot of fun to work on again!

How come EA chosed Bill Brown to make the music to C&C Generals instead of you. And how do you feel about that?

EA pacific office did all of Generals on their own without any WW help. I offered to help them out, and did a demo piece for them, but after time passed I heard they went with Bill instead. At the time it was indeed a weird feeling that it was the first inseries I hadn't scored, but it really is a much different game than the Tiberian series.

How is your connection with the former Westwood Studios staff?

Still strong! We all still mostly keep in touch and it really was like having a second family.

What is your favorite C&C-game and why do you think that?

Favorite C&C game? Well I like them all for different reasons. I like the units and the storyline in TS alot. I like the action of Red Alert series, and the nostalgia of the original C&C as well. I remember having so much fun playing the first C&C around the office when we were making it.

Well, thats all i had for now. Thank you for your time and cooperation. Is there anything you would like to say to the swedish fans before we end this?

This music has it's own massive cult following, and I appreciate everyone who loves it and listens to it regularly. Just so all of you know, I have released my own cd titled "Morphscape" and its only available on my website as well, and ships to anywhere in the world. If you like the C&C stuff, I'm sure you will like this cd as well! I fully plan to continue the electronic/industrial/rock styles that made this music what it is today, so I hope you all will keep listening! Thanks so much!

Good luck with everything and Merry Christmas! Smile

Merry Christmas to you as well, and thanks for the interview!
/Frank Klepacki

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
shinji
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

cool but personally most of the ts and ra2 music i hate so much so go to hell Frank Klepacki #evil Twisted Evil

m666
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dude, sarpedon, no one gives two squirts of piss on what you like, and mindless bashing is just a waste of your time. Quite honestly, you can go to Hell...

Good find, Chrisse. Didn't know there was this interview out there. I'll have to go order that CD now. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
ChielScape
General

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

FK is da shit.
i listen to the TS BGM while making homework.

aww, you beat me by 2 minutes, M666.

IcySon55
Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sarpedon wrote:
cool but personally most of the ts and ra2 music i hate so much so go to hell Frank Klepacki #evil Twisted Evil

This is blasphemy, sarpedon should be banned permanently. I'm not joking. If I had the power, he'd be gone the moment he started reviving dead topics with his drool.

Nice find Chrisse, I personally own all four of Klepacki's solo albums. They're awesome.
For those who don't know them, in order: Morphscape, Rocktronic, Virtual Control, Awakening of Agression

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sarpedon wrote:

Death o the none believer! #Mad

Dupl3xxx
Commander

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Fk is the greatest composer ever, may his enemies dissapere, FOR EVER!

*looknig with evil eyes at sarpedon*

@ sarpedon
Haven't you been ni trubble before? You should perhaps be a bit more careful Embarassed

shinji
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

look the music is reppetetive and wierd, the only stuff i like is the yr music for some wierd reason and a bit of the ts but i still hate the ra2 stuff to hell.

Mortecha
Commander

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
cool but personally most of the ts and ra2 music i hate so much so go to hell Frank Klepacki

Just one suggestion. Think about what you say before blurting out anythin thats in your head...... man i hate noobs.

Frank Klepacki your a legend.

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sarpedon wrote:
look the music is reppetetive and wierd, the only stuff i like is the yr music for some wierd reason and a bit of the ts but i still hate the ra2 stuff to hell.

This guy has a great record to be banned! Do it!
Ban him! Ban! Exclamation

shinji
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

srry

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good God! He (Sarpedon) actually hates someone for his work, without ever meeting the guy! What an genius we have here!

blubb
General

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sarpedon don't be a retard...if you don't like it, just keep it for you, here's ther most wrong place to share your thoughts about someone who is a part of the greatest RTS series,, and great artist in soloprojects in things of INDUSTRIAL music, maybe its not your taste, then if you really dare to say something negative, just keep it low here and explain things.

To that interview...the part where EA decidet not to use the help of him, even not in TW is really sad and i think this is one point written down and for all to see, that EA removed something existencial from the whole series, not not just in the music.

btw rocktronic album is pwnage.

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Chrisse
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Actially EA offered Frank Klapacki to make the music for C&C3, but he was too busy with another project.

http://open.spotify.com/track/3B5lZi3QJ8AeVpdLtO9NcI

www.myspce.com/ttex91 (Listen to my music (Outdated)).

DeathMummy
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

He is a GENIUS!!-practically all his songs are great and are fun to listen to!

MrFlibble
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Agreed. I'm a great FK fan, and I like his music for all the C&C and Dune series (Kyrandia tunes are great too BTW). The peculiar thing about his work is that the songs perfectly create the atmosphere of a game and at the same time are good standalone pieces that are fun to listen to.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum