Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:42 am
All times are UTC + 0
Help! - Creating text triggers
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Stored_Leech
Civilian

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 12:31 pm    Post subject:  Help! - Creating text triggers Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey, i've been creating an alternative single player campaign (by over-writing the nod one), and i want to use text triggers to show the objectives. My map has no modded units (yet), and i can't seem to get the triggers to work.

ive tried using the event "elapsed time" and set it to 1 second but i get no result. i used the text's that were both in the list and tried creating my own texts.

Any help would be appreciated...or maybe a tutorial? thanks! Smile

View user's profile Send private message Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Styledatol
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lol
Had exactly the same problem about a week ago.
I still can't figure out how to solve it, adding new text triggers or changing existant ones doesn't seem to work. Makes me wonder what use is to the tutorial ini file. I knew a guy who did change the text triggers ones, but god knows where he is now.
Whether its a hardcoded thing, or jsut a dumb mistake of ours, I'll PM you if I find anything.

Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i know for a fact that changing text triggers is possible as iv done it myself. yes it requires the tutorial.ini . It may also require you to have a fixed version of the FSData.ini as i think the text action is one of the ones that is corrupt/not working in the original FSData.ini.

but as for making your own i suggest just editing the ones in the tutorial.ini to what you want it to say. but make sure you follow the guidelines at the top about the resolution sizes for the amount of text per line Wink

heres a link to the fixed FSData.ini by TitanMarkII. Go Here
I know its sending you to a tutorial thread at tibweb. just go to the bottom of the first post and you will see a dl for the fix. Extract the files from the fix and put them in your finalsun folder and it will work Wink

have fun.

Crash
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, it is possible to change text triggers. Just add a new number to the tutorial.ini file.

Just start where the last text is and add a new number after like

500=Titans are en route
501=For Kane!!!!
502=Questions answered, mission accomplished

And then doing what Ixith said, should make everything work perfectly Smile

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In the action or whatever trigger when you use add text trigger I think it goes like this.

Example:

500=Kill the infidels!!

In FS you would make the action Text Trigger and the parameter / variable 500. Not 500=Kill the infidels, if I am right all it wants to read is the number. Its been ages since I did this but I have had it working with no trouble whatsoever.

Stored_Leech
Civilian

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:08 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cheers guys!
Thanks for the help and the fixed file Smile

View user's profile Send private message Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon