Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:36 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Petition: Please change forums how they used to be
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 1 [33 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Change forums how they used to be ?
How they where, on display
90%
 90%  [ 10 ]
Hidden away inf folders
9%
 9%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 11

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 5:36 pm    Post subject:  Petition: Please change forums how they used to be Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Please could the forums on the front page be changed back to how they where about 2 days ago, i mean have all the projects out and on display
not hidden away is folders

Does anyone agree with me on this, im sure some do cause, well it just was way better how it was

i dont think projects should be hidden away but just IMO they should be on display to show and boast what is really going on in the community and the site

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I definitelly agree with you, SMIFFGIG. But, well, I'm not the only admin here...

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I agree too, don't hid the project forum, it's NOT GOOD for them.

try to hid some other forum, at least

kopaka649
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i also agree but... banshee put a lot of work into that...

Kravvitz
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the poll speaks for itself.

I hate having to go into a folder to see which forums have new posts.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Tapek

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

But it has links in the category that you can click on. With the other way, it was too cluttered.

Kravvitz
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tapek wrote:
But it has links in the category that you can click on. With the other way, it was too cluttered.

I don't need links, I need to know which forums have new posts, preferable without having to load all of the pages of the folders...PPM pages take forever to load for me

I suppose it is a long list of forums, but how is that cluttered?

maybe you could make it be link Arm-Ent or Sleipnir's Stuff

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yea i think the results say it all

we should be showing off the projects not hiding them away

please put it back to how it was

Tapek

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

They aren't hidden away, they're just organised.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Kravvitz wrote:

I don't need links, I need to know which forums have new posts, preferable without having to load all of the pages of the folders

i agree for me[/quote]

Tapek

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

8 votes in favour yet only 4 people commented. Non commented votes don't count btw.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

errr.5 people comented Wink count me in #Tongue

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Tapek

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, sorry, 5.

Tratos
General

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Heres me commenting then, put them back.

hellfire
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't think it was un organized maybe later on though if we have like 15 hosted projects then yes they should be sorted into folders, but Banshee had them sorted nicely before.

All hail me

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
SeaMan
Man of the Sea

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Display 'em

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
FinalMoon
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tapek wrote:
8 votes in favour yet only 4 people commented. Non commented votes don't count btw.

They don't? Fine, I voted yesterday, here's my "comment".

Splitting the projects into subforums sucks ARSE!

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So far, counting.... 9 votes in favor of the petition..

Tapek

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee, we need to talk on MSN.

hellfire
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just a question. Are these gonna be fixed like we have spoken and I think thats good enough.

All hail me

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If the question is "did you hacked the poll and edited all replies?", the answer is NO.

kopaka649
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Kravvitz wrote:
Tapek wrote:

I don't need links, I need to know which forums have new posts, preferable without having to load all of the pages of the folders...PPM pages take forever to load for me

I suppose it is a long list of forums, but how is that cluttered?

maybe you could make it be link Arm-Ent or Sleipnir's Stuff

what don't you just use "View posts since last visit"

hellfire
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Actually Kravitz has a point although I would prefer them all back out in the open, I could prolly live with it telling me in what subforum ahs the new posts.

All hail me

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yes I agree definitly

i really did much prefer it how it was way back

UmmErrKane
Megalomaniac

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't care either way, but, are you asking to remove the ENTIRE subforum mod, or just the projects?

Anyway, how can you be so lazy that you can't click one more link to get where you're going? You can see if there's new posts in a forum just by looking at the category, and if there's new posts in the category, then you know there's new posts in the forum. Simple as that.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

just the projects...

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

its not about laziness

its about what looks best and is more convienent for the site and user

Sk8erkid
INSANE

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

SUPER IDEA.... why not make a clone of the PPM style forum, but put the forums un catagorized and all shown like it used to be and everyone wants it, so you can choose PPMgrouped or PPMungrouped...

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I dont know how to do that Sad.

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
all shown like it used to be and everyone wants it

How about....

just make it how everyone wants it Shocked

Kravvitz
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Kane wrote:
I don't care either way, but, are you asking to remove the ENTIRE subforum mod, or just the projects?

Anyway, how can you be so lazy that you can't click one more link to get where you're going? You can see if there's new posts in a forum just by looking at the category, and if there's new posts in the category, then you know there's new posts in the forum. Simple as that.

I'm not being lazy! #Mad

PPM loads the slowest of all of the forums I go to, for at least two reasons:
the banner is huge and takes forever to load
the posts per page is way above the normal 15 or 20.

I am not going to turn off images for this one site!

I have a 26.4 K connection to the internet...it is so slow...

I get 26.4 with a 28.8, a 33.6, and a 56k modem.
Cable internet access and DSL are both not available in my area. Sad

Now do you understand, why I feel how I do?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Kravitz... I'm working for some solutions on this thing... anyway, I suggest you to use smart dark theme... it will load much faster for ya, since the banner is a way smaller...

Tapek

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Delete this post  Mark this post and the followings unread

We've worked something out.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 1 [33 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon