Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:53 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Gattling Sub [RA2]
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, OpenRA Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [29 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
TX1138
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:47 am    Post subject:  Gattling Sub [RA2] Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Another Concept Voxel Cool

The concept art was made by Cooper, see more of this guys fabulous work here (scroll down the page to find his work, the site they were up-loaded at was shut down, so I re-uploaded them Very Happy)

This is my first real Yuri unit, so comments would be greatly appreciated Smile

EDIT: File Re-uploaded Smile Fixed wonky barrel animations

EDIT 2: Updated image and download Very Happy Body lengthened to match the concept.

EDIT 3: Uploaded a different version for those who want to make a cameo using the voxel Wink The voxel has been smoothed (too smooth for use as an in-game voxel) and the re-map has been removed.

gatsub_cameo_version.zip
 Description:
Gattling Sub Voxel (for people who want to make a cameo for it)

Download
 Filename:  gatsub_cameo_version.zip
 Filesize:  68.26 KB
 Downloaded:  1282 Time(s)

gatsub.zip
 Description:
Gattling Sub

Download
 Filename:  gatsub.zip
 Filesize:  13.79 KB
 Downloaded:  1598 Time(s)

Last edited by TX1138 on Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:30 am; edited 9 times in total

Chrisse
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

very good, good design and concept, what more can i say?

http://open.spotify.com/track/3B5lZi3QJ8AeVpdLtO9NcI

www.myspce.com/ttex91 (Listen to my music (Outdated)).

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like it - but realistically, gattling cannons under water might be a little ineffective #Tongue

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And giant 40 foot mechs arent unrealistic, black? Razz

Oshog
General

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TX118, once again you prove your concept2vxl skills. I'm amazed.

Well, the unit itself is pretty nice, but I'd make it a wee bit bigger overall. Yuri should be using big subs #Tongue

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
And giant 40 foot mechs arent unrealistic, black?

Well there's only so much you can be able to dismiss with the sci-fi license..

Bullets don't work under water, it's physically impossible - they lose momentum too quickly, and stray considerably from their intended path.
Now, if you were to say "they are special bullets", and explain a way they might work, like "the bullets are made with corkscrew aerodynamics, to be accurate when firing underwater" or something, then you could probably use the sci-fi license.
You can't just say "they work because they're magic, and since there's other things that are unrealistic, anything goes"
The goal is to keep the thing as believable and realistic as possible, in order to make it interesting, else it'll be boring

But yeah the voxel itself is really good Smile

The Team Black Index

Last edited by Team Black on Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

Oshog
General

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The unit goes above the water when firing?

#Tongue

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OK that works too Laughing

The Team Black Index

TX1138
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah #Tongue The unit would have to surface to fire, not just for realism, but it would be very unbalanced otherwise Rolling Eyes As for making it bigger... Confused It looks too much like the typhoon otherwise, and it's meant to be a small sub anyway, so it can be quick and nimble like its land-bound cousin! Very Happy

Tony
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I love it!! Spotlight!

Blade
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If you want to have bullets underwater, they need to be super-cavitating projectiles. Does the unit have a proper turret and does it have a decent cameo (or at least a 3d model so one can be made)?

TX1138
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Th turret should animate properly Confused If it doesn't, I should be able to fix that easily Smile And as for the cameo, I don't use any of those 3D programs, but I could try and make it look like a 3D model (e.g. doubling its size, then shrinking it down to give it smooth 3D-like edges) Why do you ask?

TX1138
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry for double posting, but there is a new updated version of the voxel avaliable Smile The body length has been increased to match the concept Wink The download and image have also been updated.

Rattuskid
Sergeant

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Team Black wrote:
Bullets don't work under water, it's physically impossible - they lose momentum too quickly, and stray considerably from their intended path.

Gattling subs work like stealthed GLA stinger sites. They lie in wait, when oh shit, aircraft! The bumbling pilot sees nothing, then is gound through fire like Rosie O'donnell plows through twinkies. Nasty ambush ability, limited surface fighting, but can sneak away to fight another day.

Overall, excellent voxel and awesome concept. Spot-friggin'-light!

SaneDisruption
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

it seems as though i can only agree with rattus Very Happy. great job again TX, i love all of your work. you bring excellent new additions to the RA universe. and they fit magnificently well. Spotlight worthy indeed Smile

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Definitely SPOTLIGHT material.

k212
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i vote for spotlight too Smile

TX1138
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have now uploaded a different version for anyone who wants to make a cameo for the Sub Smile It's much smoother, and the re-map has been removed.

If anyone makes a cameo, please post it here Wink

Dupl3xxx
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

one, two,one-two0-three... SPOTLIGHT!
7h3 b3s7 (to non-l33tsp34k3r5= the best)
ship I have ever seen!

Blade
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:38 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here, have a cameo.

gsubicon.gif
 Description:
Gattling Sub Icon
 Filesize:  2.46 KB
 Viewed:  25225 Time(s)

gsubicon.gif

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Obviously, as you know, I love the voxel and i'm going to back up those who say spotlight! And as for the cameo, it looks like it has a layer of brightness that really doesnt do it justice and the voxels comes out yellow. Besides that it is a great cameo, but as i said, it's just a tad too bright.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Spotlight is right... A Soviet Missle sub, with the same body as this one, would be ideal for my campaign. Wink

Spotlight this thing... It's just amazing.

Blade
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I can post the photoshop files if you wish to modify it or you could photoshop the cameo yourself to correct the brightness.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A very good voxel I say, good job.

Zodiac
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks very nice , and suits for Yuri.

Allied General
General

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

spotlight ftw ^^

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bump. I've been using this in a personal mod and cause I wasn't fond of Blade's cameo I thought I'd make my own, I may as well share.

gatsubcameo.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  6.4 KB
 Viewed:  19227 Time(s)

gatsubcameo.png

wardeathfun
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

*praises Aro and switches Cameos*

very nice work man Smile

apocalypsetank123
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

vote up for this powerful anti-air sub Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [29 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!