Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:26 am
All times are UTC + 0
How to get MiniMap on World Builder
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
BuddaBoy
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:14 am    Post subject:  How to get MiniMap on World Builder
Subject description: as found on another forum
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

1) go into WorldBuilder and load up your map

2) hit CTRL+F to go into top view, and zoom out until you can see the whole map.

3) go to the edit menu and uncheck waypoints, object maps, until all you see is the bare map and the objects on it. ( If you have the map seeded with Tiberium, you should remove it for the time being)

4) hit the Print Screen key, go into an image editor like PhotoShop or GIMP, go
File - > New and then Edit-> Paste.

5) Crop the image into a square by holding down the shift key and dragging across the image so that only the map is selected. Hit Enter.

6) (with a catch) I had to flip my image vertically in order to sync up with my map. This may not apply to you, but It's just something I'd watch out for.

7) go to image -> Image Size and reduce the image to 128 or 256 square.

Cool Save the file as a Targa (.tga) file with the map name and the extention "_art.tga
example: if your map is

"my_map. map"

its minimap file would be

" my_map_art.tga"

put it in the same folder as your completed map.

And LO!

A working minimap.

I haven't tested yet...but it does seem to do the job.

Key Words: #Tutorials #Mapping #WorldBuilder #TiberiumWars #KanesWrath #RedAlert3 #RedAlert3Uprising #Photoshop 

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I guess your case won't work because you might not be saving it in the correct place, but, to complete this tutorials, the previews can be posted at:

Documents and Settings\<YOUR_WINDOWS_NAME>\Application Data\Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars\MapPreviews

Just save over the minimap of your map, which should have a similar name to your map. Something like:

data_maps_internal_yourmap_yourmap.tga

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This works, thanks Budda Smile

iMess
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey, i'm new here and i used this way to get the mini map/preview showing correctly, however, it doesn't work with destroyable objects such as bridges.. Do we know if theres a way to actually get it working the way it's meant to?

Mighty BOB!
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ctrl+F, zoom all the way out, disable everything you can so it won't show up, select everything else, hit the delete key, then take the screenshot, then hit the undo button to restore all the deleted stuff.

iMess
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh, is that the way EA do it with their maps?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

They've used an older version of the World Builder that probably had a working minimap Laughing

iMess
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh.. i see now, thanks Banshee.

kinoko_otoko
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've noticed that clicking the middle mouse button snaps the camera back to its original position and orientation, so that north is up, south down, etc. Thus, switch to overhead mode and click middlemouse so your screenshot isn't upside down.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon